Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity hijacked my gas account

Options
  • 10-12-2010 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

During the summmer months a sales rep from Airtricty convinced me to change my chosen gas suplier to Airtricty Gas for a 10% discount on supply, I agreed on one condition (i keep my budget plan on electricty and you give me gas on a budget plan) he agreed and offered a dual fuel account (one bill per month for the two).I was signed up as soon as i could submit my meter reading wham bam job done thanks steve (the lying pri*) A week later i got a letter from Airtricty congratulating me on being a dual fuel customer, great the day after that i got a letter saying you cannot be a on a budget plan and be a dual fuel customer so i rang up Airtricty and canceled the gas and went back to my previous suplier complained about steve and his crap sales technique, they said i would get a call from the complaints dept to lodge a complaint, that never happened, so i let it go.
    Three months later i get an Airtricity letter congratulating me on becoming a dual fuel customer and guess what were canceling your budget plan for electricty WTF i thought and called them up and asked who gave you permission, they could only answere sales gave the permission (that pric* steve i thought) three weeks later im still on their account after canceling and receiving two letters a week congratulating me on joining. Is this total abuse on their behalf or what :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Firstly I presume you signed a contract, so check does it says the terms you expected.

Then write a letter of complaint to Airtricity's complaints dept outlining what you've told us here, with dates if you have them, and clearly stating what you expect them to do to about it. If that fails, send a second one back to them and to the CER.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FR.Ted Crilly

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Firstly I presume you signed a contract, so check does it says the terms you expected.

Then write a letter of complaint to Airtricity's complaints dept outlining what you've told us here, with dates if you have them, and clearly stating what you expect them to do to about it. If that fails, send a second one back to them and to the CER.

Thanks Slimjimmc, everything was done over the phone i never even thought about a contract at the time i guess they have nothing on me in that line of law.
    My original gas suplier said they will run an independent investigation on the issue and advised me to report it to the CER as you did, which can only be done by email. as for writing a letter to airtricty i have all the dates etc and i will get on that as soon as i can, i think no matter how many times you complain on the phone it will be just brushed under the mat, thanks for the advice

You can register a complaint with the CER by letter, email or phone; all the info is on that link I provided.
    2. If we receive your complaint by email or letter we will acknowledge your correspondence within 2 working days of receipt.
    3. If you make your complaint by telephone we will send you out a complaint form to fill in and return before we log progress complaint. A copy of the form can be found here: Complaint Form 2010.doc

Hope it works out happily for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

You can register a complaint with the CER by letter, email or phone; all the info is on that link I provided.
    Quote:
    2. If we receive your complaint by email or letter we will acknowledge your correspondence within 2 working days of receipt.
    3. If you make your complaint by telephone we will send you out a complaint form to fill in and return before we log progress complaint. A copy of the form can be found here: Complaint Form 2010.doc

Hope it works out happily for you

Why are they using .doc files, any bloody semi-state or state funded organisation should be publishing in an open source format and not proprietary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Because people will be more likely to be able to use it.

• Advertisement

Why are they using .doc files, any bloody semi-state or state funded organisation should be publishing in an open source format and not proprietary

MS Word Viewer is freely available just like Acrobat Reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

MS Word Viewer is freely available just like Acrobat Reader.

Or if you want to cut out micro$oft try
    http://www.openoffice.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Good god why does this lame duck country continue to live with its head buried in the sand, along with a lot of its citizens

Advertisement