Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken teeth dreams

Options
  • 10-12-2010 5:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

keep having the same recurring dream about my teeth begining to crack and then comin out in chunks! this has been goin on for months and every morning i wake up in a panic thinkin i've no teeth as the dream becomes so real!

checked the internet before to get an explaination as i know theres a meanin behind it but can' think!!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Insecurity?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shell10

i don't think its that! drivin me mad tho!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Happens to me too, not regularly; probably just twice a year or so. I don't think it means anything as it's just a dream. I think everyone worries about their teeth in a more intense way than they worry about other things as it's so intimate. Just like how everyone has dreamed of suddenly being naked in public. It's a truly horrible dream but all the more of a relieved feeling when you wake up and realised it hasn't actually happened :).

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭busymum1

I used to get this dream when I was younger. I read somewhere it was to do with anxiety about your appearance.. Made sense to me at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

It means that you don't want your teeth to crumble and fall out!

I have this dream too and I think a good load of others do as it's discussed a lot.

We all worry about our teeth everyday and maintain them everyday and they're really the thing that you don't want to take damage to.

It annoys me to see stuff on the net or hear old wive's tales about the superstitious or psychological theories behind these dreams. The only reason those old stories exist is that loads of people have these dreams and they're really uncomfortable.

Your teeth will get damaged randomly and over time, it's just a fact of life and I hate it as much as you do. These teeth-falling-out dreams are a fact of life too but just appreciate that nice feeling that you get when you wake up and realise that your teeth are all still intact!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

I have this dream quite frequently, I'm sure it's very common. We all need our teeth and take care of them on a daily basis hence the worry of losing them is frightening and is reflected in our dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I was told before it's to do with money worries, have had similar dreams myself many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

I had this dream for the first time earlier this year and it scared the bejebus out of me thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Terrifying dream, have had it myself my god what a relief waking up is.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

I had these dreams too.Turns out it was because i was grinding my teeth in my sleep and clinching my jaw's.The teeth grinding led me to developing TMJD(Temporal Mandibular Joint Disorder).The gridning of your teeth can relign your jaw and put pressure on your ear because the jaw bone pushes up against it.Have you had teeth,jaw or ear pain lately while having these dreams?I had to wear a jaw brace for a full year every night to correct it.The jaw brace was just a type of gum shield and it worked great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

Aiel wrote: »
    I had these dreams too.Turns out it was because i was grinding my teeth in my sleep and clinching my jaw's.The teeth grinding led me to developing TMJD(Temporal Mandibular Joint Disorder).The gridning of your teeth can relign your jaw and put pressure on your ear because the jaw bone pushes up against it.Have you had teeth,jaw or ear pain lately while having these dreams?I had to wear a jaw brace for a full year every night to correct it.The jaw brace was just a type of gum shield and it worked great.

Exact same here, I have this dream very regularly and my dentist told me i'm grinding down my back teeth in my sleep. I have read all the myths and legends like insecurity in your appearance, financial reverses etc but honestly think with this dream its a physical thing, for me anyway. I also noticed I had it more when i'm stressed or premenstrual.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Stress is a huge factor in teeth grinding.Applying liquid heat(a hot water bottle) to your jaw will ease the tightness in your jaw.To stop the underlying causes of teeth grinding though you need to physically de-stress-a walk,run,swim etc.Physcially de-stressing is the best form to release the energy you would otherwise use in teeth grinding.Thus you then stop dreaming of breaking your valuable teeth:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 seanoc2011

shell10 wrote: »
    keep having the same recurring dream about my teeth begining to crack and then comin out in chunks! this has been goin on for months and every morning i wake up in a panic thinkin i've no teeth as the dream becomes so real!

checked the internet before to get an explaination as i know theres a meanin behind it but can' think!!!:confused:
    dreams about breaking your teeth or your teeth falling out is meant to mean that you are worried or anxious about something. i get the same kinda dreams. very very common

• Registered Users Posts: 33 graphy

They're supposed to represent a loss of power or being afraid of losing control in some situations. Or so i'm told.

Advertisement