Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Window Washer

• 10-12-2010 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I have a slight blockage in my window water reservoir and just seeing if there is anything I can get or do to get this back to normal working conditions?

Only a small amount of water comes out and there is a slight delay before it does comes out..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Get a thin pin and carefully put it in where the water comes out. Should clear any blockage in tha area.

If you open the bonnet and see where the pipes underneath meet the jets on the top of the bonnet it's usually fairly easy to remove them. If you can do this I'd leave them disconnected and see if water is coming out of them at a decent rate. Pipe might be blocked - without them connected it might clear a blockage.

It depends on the car whether you can easily access the pipes under the bonnet though -what car is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

R.O.R wrote: »
    Get a thin pin and carefully put it in where the water comes out. Should clear any blockage in tha area.

If you open the bonnet and see where the pipes underneath meet the jets on the top of the bonnet it's usually fairly easy to remove them. If you can do this I'd leave them disconnected and see if water is coming out of them at a decent rate. Pipe might be blocked - without them connected it might clear a blockage.

It depends on the car whether you can easily access the pipes under the bonnet though -what car is it?

Thanks I'll give that a go when I get home. It's a 1 series BMW

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

anybody elses window washers not working proper since the cold spell?
    my resevoir is full and in liquid form, ie. not frozen :)

but only spits come out of the washer jets......i was thinking maybe frozen lines etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Yea that's what happened mine. They worked perfectly before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I think the actual washer fluid is after gunking up my rear window washer.

Need to dismantle the boot door and investigate :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement