Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AV Cabinet Position

• 10-12-2010 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi - First off can I say that I have fairly limited knowledge, so any help/suggestions no matter how basic it seems would be appreciated.

I am currently building a house and nearing first fix stage, so wall will soon have to be tracked and would like to get all things right first time.

Basically I have the room where the main TV will and was intending to put 5.1 speakers in here (marked S on attached drawing). I know the room is not the ideal set up but its the best I can do as the fireplace has to stay and TV over it is probably too high.

I have attached drawing showing layout.

I would like the AV Equipment to be in a cupboard away from the TV purely just to look neater. I would appreciate any help/suggestions for this kind of set up...ie

. If I bring my aerial/sky to the AV point, can I just run a HDMI from the Amp (Denon AVR 2310) to the TV?
    . The horizontal distance between the two point is 4m - is this a problem?
    . I had planned to run speaker wire to each point by chasing walls - is this ok? Would you have a faceplate for the speaker or just leave the wire loose at its position?
    . I had planned to run the cable up the wall, over ceiling and down the wall again? Any problems putting these wires chased in the walls?
    . How would you best control all the AV equipment?
    . Any obvious do's or dont's with this kind of idea?

As I say any opinion/suggestion/recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement