Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IO's C&H Poetry Challenge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

A sonnet, in the Petrarchan form, about the love one man has for his pineapple.

Use of alliteration admired, but not necessary.

Oh, and to make it slightly less taking the piss-esque, the pineapple can be a metaphor for something else :D
    Instead of a pineapple...use a pomegranate! :pac:

lawl boland joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

jumpguy wrote: »
    Instead of a pineapple...use a pomegranate! :pac:

lawl boland joke
    Or a bell jar to make it a one man one jar Sylvia Plath joke?

But, nah, I likes pineapples.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Bell Jar is getting an exemption, because I respect it too much to lampoon it. :cool:

The other suggestions stand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Write a poem about procrastination in which we can clearly see that procrastination was involved in the writing of it...or something :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Hows this going??? anything writtten yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Hows this going??? anything writtten yet??

If hes doesnt complete it soon I'll have to butcher one of his poems in an 'anti-author' construction of my own.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Nothing written yet! Will hopefully be starting tomorrow. I'll keep ye posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I think a ballad about a young person struggling with depression and thoughts of suicide would be good, write it from the point of view of someone looking on and wanting to help, if only the person would ask. I would do it myself but I suck.

If thats too heavy and Ive got this wrong and its supposed to be funny things, a limerick about dropping a mince pie and standing on it, happened me today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

*Ahem*

It's not going to happen. This can be locked now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

You are such a tease :(

I've written nothing in a year. If I find the inspiration in the future I might come back to this. I just can't see me writing anything in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

It's not going to happen. This can be locked now.

Ok. :(

PM a Mod anytime if you want it reopened. Hope inspiration comes back to you soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement