Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony MDR 7506 - Anything better?

• 10-12-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to spend a bit on a good pair of headphones.
    I'll probably use them either in work or at home (for bedroom DJing etc).

They get great reviews but do you kind folks concur or are there better alternatives out there for around the same price (around €100)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I had the MDR-V6s which are essentially the same headphones, they were brilliant. Might be able to find them for a bit cheaper than the 7506.
    The Sony MDR-V6 was superseded by the Sony MDR-7506 with only minor cosmetic differences and a different cited frequency response, such as the latter being provided with a gold plated headphone connector and a flat frequency response of 10 Hz to 20,000 Hz instead of the MDR-V6's 5 Hz to 30,000 Hz. The MDR-V6 also costs less than the MDR-7506.

Another difference is that the MDR-V6's, labeled with "Digital" are intended for mass market distribution through Sony's consumer division, as opposed to the MDR-7506's, which are labeled with "Professional" along the side and distributed through Sony's professional division. The MDR-7506's also come with a much more accessible warranty, which is another reason for the higher price.[2] The next model in Sony's pro line, the Sony MDR-7509, use a larger driver.[3]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

thanks Baza, I'll check those out.

I'd apologise for digging up an old thread but feck it, it's my thread:D

After over two years of I dunno what I've finally bought a pair, due to arrive next week, good to see Amazon are back shipping such stuff to Ireland...and for £50 it's good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Excellent, did you go with the V6 or the 7506?

marko93 wrote: »
    Excellent, did you go with the V6 or the 7506?

went with the V6 in the end. From various reviews and opinions there are very few differences between the two and the V6 was £20 cheaper:D

• Advertisement

went with the V6 in the end. From various reviews and opinions there are very few differences between the two and the V6 was £20 cheaper:D
    Excellent! How are they? Always wanted to give them a go!

marko93 wrote: »
    Excellent! How are they? Always wanted to give them a go!

haven't arrived yet, due around Tuesday I'd say. I'll let you know.

Arrived today woohoo!
    They sound great so far, very comfortable to wear also. Hearing subtle things like fingers sliding along the guitar's fretboard etc...nice :)

Arrived today woohoo!
    They sound great so far, very comfortable to wear also. Hearing subtle things like fingers sliding along the guitar's fretboard etc...nice :)

Welcome to our world! Sorry for your wallet :P Let's pray you don't get upgrade-itis!

I find the distinction between left and right channels to be greater which takes a little getting used to. Does that make sense??
    For example the drums often tend to come (or what feels like) 60% right and 40% left while there might be rhythm guitar coming mainly from the left.

I suppose it depends on specific recordings but the headphones are definitely bringing more subtle sounds to the fore.

• Advertisement

I find the distinction between left and right channels to be greater which takes a little getting used to. Does that make sense??
    For example the drums often tend to come (or what feels like) 60% right and 40% left while there might be rhythm guitar coming mainly from the left.

I suppose it depends on specific recordings but the headphones are definitely bringing more subtle sounds to the fore.

Think that's the recordings, notice that on quite a few songs!

Advertisement