Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy Bedford Dumper oil filters etc?

• 10-12-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

just finished a thorough servicing of our JCB teleporter.

My dad picked up the relevant air/oil etc filters from ECI.

But according to him they didnt have filters for our Bedford 6 ton swivel dumper (2004).

Anyone know where I can get these in Dublin?

Also, an oil transfer pump for filling the diffs and hubs??

Google searches point me to eBay, but I'd rather get them locally.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭fj1200

Construction Spares on Ballymount Rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭broro22

Construction spares +1. If your on the northside cp spares in swords also ap plant spares in greenogue industrial estate newcastle or just take the part numbers of the old filters and any motor factor should be able to get them for you dumper filters are usually fairly run of the mill stuff. Cj auto parts in blessington are good motor factor if your going down that route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

I know you said you wanted to buy in Ireland but I'd give these crowd a ring if I was you for a price at least http://www.hydraulicplantservices.com/home.html

Ordered a water jacket and 5 frost plugs ,for a 78 Hymac 580C that blew them out, last Friday evening just after 5pm.Arrived yesterday morning.cant fault the service or cost.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Personally I would just take the numbers off the filters and walk into any decent autofactors.

It is probably a Perkins engine in it so the oil filter is as common as muck and the fuel if not a 522 it is probably a standard spin on effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Thanks for all of the replies folks.

The local motor factors doesnt have them, but I will try the other suggestions.

I got a quote from Construction Spares for the filters and axle fluid. This dumper uses DTRA16 Transmission fluid in the axles and the quote is €3 per litre plus VAT.

I need 50 litres of it too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭broro22

50 litres!!! how big are the axles:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I will need more than 25 litres, meaning I will have to buy 2 x 20 litre drums unfortunately.

Advertisement