Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search and rescue helicopter

• 10-12-2010 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

it's circling out in Johns Park flying very low.Its been circling for the last half hour..anyone know what its about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fairy22

Its flying over templars hall now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

It was out close to Industrial Estate bout half hour ago too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought it was gas board related (they are doing a lot of digging in the Upper Ballytruckle road area) but I wouldn't know one helicopter from another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

mike65 wrote: »
    I thought it was gas board related (they are doing a lot of digging in the Upper Ballytruckle road area) but I wouldn't know one helicopter from another.

Are they to blame for the current (he he) lack of electricity in the Cherrymount area then I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

It could be checking out some well known sites around those areas for the missing hurdles? They have to do a certain amount of air time every week so maybe they're trying to help out - long shot but you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

Adyx wrote: »
    Are they to blame for the current (he he) lack of electricity in the Cherrymount area then I wonder?

there is a planned outage for that area as i live futher out the road and got a notice about it a week or two ago, supposed to be off until 4.30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I'm in johns park and our electricity went off there for about 45 mins but its back on again now..is it due to be off again throughout the day does anyone know? i got no notification that it was to be off..neither did the shops or the schools..there was panic in the shop when i was in there a while ago with all the fridges etc off and the principal of the school was in buying batteries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

no idea about johns park, all i know is our power was to be off and we usually loose power when the airport does even though avondale would still have it, that may have changed though with the newer estates around these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

WLR story said power was off in the Grange area affecting 1500 houses and would be back by 1 pm (back rather quicker as said above) there was no mention of further cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Rescue 117 was doing some special transportation today, bringing Santa to see some very special kids.

I hope you were being good...... He was watching you know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Trotter wrote: »
    Rescue 117 was doing some special transportation today, bringing Santa to see some very special kids.

I hope you were being good...... He was watching you know...

Thats right and a great day out it was too .I was there with my 2 kids and it was a very special outing for them which they really enjoyed .Hats off to all involved they really organised a fantastic day .

Advertisement