Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need the 250gb Xbox?

• 10-12-2010 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

First time Xboxer and not sure if I need the 250gb version. Plan on using it for the following -

Kids with Kinect games
    COD/MOH/Forza etc, maybe some online.
    I doubt I will make much use of XBoxLive.

Can I get away with the 4gb Flash version or will it become redundant? Does it not perform as fast as the HD version.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You will fill the 4Gb in weeks if not days.

Forza 3 alone is on two DVDs, you install one to the hard drive. Better if you install the two of them. They are 5.2GB together alone. Other wise its a pain, loading cars and tracks from DVD to the other. Plus installing games to the HD reduces the noise of the 360.

The average demo on Live is 1GB these days.

The 4GB 360 is useless as you will need the hard drive at some stage if not straight away. It's cheaper to get the 250GB version than getting the drive later.

I started with the first 20GB 360, filled that. The got the 120Gb Elite, never thought I'd fill that but I have.

Thing is its better to have the space and not need it than not have it and end up stuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Cheers Captain, you've solved that one for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I'd have to say that I don't think you'll probably need it. If you chose not to install games (I never do) or download demos from XBox Live then you'll have very little need for the memory. Also, if you ever do get stuck you can always use a flash drive to expand your available storage.

I have the original 20Gb hard drive (I think there is only 13Gb usable). Got this on launch day and never had a problem with filling it up (when I was finished with a demo it simply got deleted).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Vyse wrote: »
    I'd have to say that I don't think you'll probably need it. If you chose not to install games (I never do) or download demos from XBox Live then you'll have very little need for the memory. Also, if you ever do get stuck you can always use a flash drive to expand your available storage.

I have the original 20Gb hard drive (I think there is only 13Gb usable). Got this on launch day and never had a problem with filling it up (when I was finished with a demo it simply got deleted).

Forza Has a required install so theres a big chunk of the 4GB gone..

OP go for the 250GB, in the long run its the better choice.

Advertisement