Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Parking Ever in Waterford

• 10-12-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Hey thought I'd share this wonderful bit of Waterford parking.

Was looking through my phone and forgot I had taken this photo last Saturday in Arundel Square.

The car you can see (The Black Citroen C5 with the lights on) is actually parked there and gone off (not at the ATM either). She parked there, got out of the car and walked down the lane by the Gingerman. She was gone a good 5 minutes. There was chaos when people started trying to get past her (I took the photo just after she parked) as the ice was causing mayhem as it was.

When she came back to the car she drove up the road on the wrong side of the road and around the corner on the wrong side of the road and stopped outside Sportsavers. She eventually decided to drive on the correct side of the road and tore off up Patrick's Street.

IMAG0028.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That spot is madness for people "just popping into xxxxxx" and lleaving the car in a dodgy spot. If I were a traffic warden I'd just stroll around there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Shame the reg can't be read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

I could tell you the reg but don't think it would do much. The owner could just claim they were stopped for a second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

The keys are still in the ignition. I'd have driven off and parked it somewhere safe, where she may, or may not, be able to find it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Did she have the park anywhere lights on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Some people just dont care, still though what an idiot way to park!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

I don't believe this!! That's my car! I had a serious session in the gingerman the day before, and had left my jacket in there, to be honest i was still a bit tipsy driving back into town to get it hence the dodgy parking....

No harm done, I don't see the big deal, ye must have a nice view from up there on yer high horse....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

newportwex wrote: »
    I don't believe this!! That's my car! I had a serious session in the gingerman the day before, and had left my jacket in there, to be honest i was still a bit tipsy driving back into town to get it hence the dodgy parking....

No harm done, I don't see the big deal, ye must have a nice view from up there on yer high horse....:mad:
    But you drove on the wrong side of the road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

file.php?2,file=10988,filename=troll-web.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Dont feed the idiot trolls please :)

• Advertisement

Sorry lads we can't keep him, A troll is for life not just for Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

There was probably no one coming down Patrick's street hill due to the ice and they were too chicken to try it maybe, hence she could drive on whatever side she liked;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I went over to get into my car on other side of street the other day and a car coming down the road pulled up a few yards back from me. I got in to my car and noticed the windscreen was slightly frozen so decided to get out and go back to house for some water..... he/she started beeping horn at me as I left my car ovbiously waiting for my parking space.

The cheek of the runt:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

What a disgraceful attitude to driving. You were under the influence of alcohol, drove on the wrong side of the road, blocked a street and you say no harm was done. Cop on to yourself for god sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

What a disgraceful attitude to driving. You were under the influence of alcohol, drove on the wrong side of the road, blocked a street and you say no harm was done. Cop on to yourself for god sake.

I honestly cant tell if your serious.

So you never made a mistake on the road? What a hypocrite..

Sigh,

I think I'd prefer if you were serious.

Out of interest, how long were you in the Gingerman? What time did ya leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Yer a gas woman.:D of course you're right; drive into the middle of town pissed, park anywhere you like, (the lights on will cover that), drive on any side of the road you like, we don't mind a bit.

But you definatly might consider a teeny bit of phyciatric help and I suggest you should not be on the road. (Even walking)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

ziedth wrote: »
    Sigh,

I think I'd prefer if you were serious.

Out of interest, how long were you in the Gingerman? What time did ya leave?
    She must have been hiding in the jacks all night if we didn't see her!

That's what I was getting at, I was there from 6 and after that it was only us who came in and one or two others for a bit of food and the place was empty after nine (due to us?:)) I call shenanigans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

I checked my phone got my dates confused... picture taken on Friday during lunch

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Ouch,

I guess it must mean lthat Newportwex drives the same car and on a different day parked in the same spot after a session that we didn't see her in a empty pub............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Lots of ridiculous parking in this city, especially down at the post office on the quay! Most people put on their hazards* though so its ok.

*Also known as the I know I'm parked like an idiot lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

The town is crazy today with parking,driving,and pedestrians, I was in there earlier coming down Patrick St going straight through the lights and they were green but nobody seemed to notice the don't walk man,as one 16yr old girl was txting on her phone and didn't even look up so i beeped at her just to let her know to stop walking because i was going to knock her down,to which she looked up and uttered the works 'feck you' or worse I imagine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭BBM77

Of course I have made mistakes on the road, everybody makes mistakes, all drivers are only human after all. You however, by your own admission were “a bit tipsy”, parked the car blocking an already icy and dangerous road and then to top it off you drove on the wrong side of the road. This is not a mistake it is selfish dangerous driving plain and simple. If you can’t see what is wrong with what you did you should not be driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Godsentme wrote: »
    Yer a gas woman.:D of course you're right; drive into the middle of town pissed, park anywhere you like, (the lights on will cover that), drive on any side of the road you like, we don't mind a bit.

But you definatly might consider a teeny bit of phyciatric help and I suggest you should not be on the road. (Even walking)

Agree........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

did ya get yer jacket back ,would need it in that weather...

in fairness cars are double parked there the whole time seen a lot worse round town , but couldnt be arsed taking pictures of them.....

did ya get yer jacket back ,would need it in that weather...

in fairness cars are double parked there the whole time seen a lot worse round town , but couldnt be arsed taking pictures of them.....

Got it back alright, which is the most important thing.

You'd wonder at some people alright going taking pictures of cars to put them up on the internet...each to his own i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

You'd wonder at some people alright going taking pictures of cars to put them up on the internet...each to his own i suppose.

Shocking stuff alright,you should get onto the internet police and explain to them how someone caught someone parking illegally!

• Advertisement

Choosing to ignore the fact it was taken on a Friday eh?

Advertisement