Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The two week stretch

Options
  • 10-12-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

So the countdown is on just 14 sleeps till Santa arrives :D

At 22 Im still just as excited as I was when I was a lil one!!

Is anyone doing anything extra special over the next two weeks doing to make it extra special in the run up? (Since the snow is FINALLY melting :D)

Himself is off for the first time in 3 years over Christmas so hoping someone can throw something my way with ideas as what to do to make it extra special we're due our first in May so it will be our last year just the two of us.... Maybe why Im so excited about this Christmas.... We've both decide to F it and go all out :D

Thanks in Advance ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

no, not really doing much now ....just waiting to get off work - the last week (the week after next) will be the longest few days ever waiting for Christmas Eve to arrive so I can relax - every year that week is just SOOOO LONGGG.

Anyway we will be reading this thread this time next month and wishing it was two weeks before Christmas - in reality the next couple of weeks will go by so fast and we will be wishing it was two weeks before Christmas soon. So make the most of it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am so excited this year too.
    My baby is 2 on new years day and can't wait to see her reaction to everything this year.
    She is telling everyone Santa Claus is coming to visit her and bring her Lego:)
    We are gonig to the national concert hall this weekend to see The Snow Man,next weekend to one set of grandparents to see Santa Claus and weekend after to the other set for christmas.
    I am soooo excited:)
    There is lots of lovely christmas music evenings gonig on that are harder to make with children,enjoy the lie in of course and enjoy the peace!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Moonbeam wrote: »
    My baby is 2 on new years day and can't wait to see her reaction to everything this year.
    We are gonig to the national concert hall this weekend to see The Snow Man,next weekend to one set of grandparents to see Santa Claus and weekend after to the other set for christmas.
    There is lots of lovely christmas music evenings gonig on that are harder to make with children,enjoy the lie in of course and enjoy the peace!!
    that's so cute, I think the second or third christmas is lovely for kids because they're starting to understand it more and anticipating santa!

OP I don't think you'll need to DO anything, they fact that it'll be your first christmas together in 3 years will be special enough...just enjoy it!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

magentas wrote: »
    OP I don't think you'll need to DO anything, they fact that it'll be your first christmas together in 3 years will be special enough...just enjoy it!;)

haha thats just what Himself said on the matter thats he doesnt care what we do as long as its together! :D

Thanks for your advice guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Im going to forget (for a few days at least) all the doom and gloom in this country. Im going to watch the innocence and wonder in my childrens eyes when they turn that corner into the sitting room Christmas morning, Im going to smile and wish everyone a happy christmas and really mean it this year, im going to visit some old folk family friends and neighbours and im going to throw a few bob into a local charity and thank god im alive and healthy.

Oh ya, and im going to put on a stone in weight at the christmas dinner table !

Happy Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Moonbeam wrote: »

It's so cool that kids are still into Lego. Such a great toy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

OP, maybe start a few simple traditions that you can continue once the little one arrives.

Ideas could be Midnight Mass, a Walk after dinner, Christmas Eve movies etc.

I heard of one family who have an open house Christmas Eve, where they invite their friends and family to call in anytime after 2pm (leaving the morning for last minute prep.) It's a nice idea, being able to relax and enjoy the ''season'' with family.

Advertisement