Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloc weekend

Options
  • 10-12-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Anyone been to this event before? Any good? Lineup this year looks good, half thinking of heading over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Snufflesmurf

Going to it with a few mates. Never been there before but have followed the line up each year. This year it's gonna be big coz it's their 5th anniversary. What a line up is all I can say. Good value for money too when you compare it to the likes of the Irish festivals. Pretty psyched about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

im going with a few mates too, really looking forward to it. great line-up and really liking the idea of staying in your own house for the festival instead of sleeping in a tent for the weeekend:D
    Aphex twin, moderat and loads more.... and waterslides:cool:

oh and a few new additions to the line-up added yesterday with more to come.... http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=13258:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Snufflesmurf

Holy ****....modeselektor, apparat, Rustie, Ikonika and boxcutter. Talk about Gettin the who's who of electronica spectrum. What a line up! I feel this one is going to be special. I will be glad to leave the 10kg tent at home...

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

Last year was far too much dub step for my liking. Going back this year as the line up is class. Having a proper bed/shower/ toilet is the way to go. I'd recomend it for the set up alone. We flew to bristol and hired a car for the weekend. The drive was about an hour and a half. Great atmosphear and good crowd.

• Advertisement

Line up now complete, heres the new line-up video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHpgugjHT9M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Amazing festival....very well run and the whole chalet buzz is a great experience. The lineup this year is off the charts...would well like to be going but I've been the last two years so I need a bit of a change! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Lineup is phenomenal. I'm really hoping I can go. How much are people's flights working out at?

Mine worked out at 114 going on the thursday...We booked a car between a few of us and it worked out at 100 sterling between us..if there are a few of you there are plenty of mini bus companies in Bristol that will pick you up from the airport and drop you to mine head and pick you up again on the Monday...I know 10 lads that did this and it cost them 20 sterling a head

Mod edit: No ticket advertising permitted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 torsten

Mod edit: No ticket advertising permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

cant wait for this. heading over on the thursday.. 3rd bloc

Theres a big group of us travelling from Bristol Airport to Bloc thursday evening around 5, trying to organise a mini-bus.
    anybody else need a lift?? the more people the cheaper the bus....
    looking at around 27 pounds return at the moment, coming back to bristol Monday lunchtime.

any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Flying to London Thursday and then getting train to Taunton, then Bloc bus. We should have booked our Bristol flights earlier when they were cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 techtonic

brozio7 wrote: »
    Theres a big group of us travelling from Bristol Airport to Bloc thursday evening around 5, trying to organise a mini-bus.
    anybody else need a lift?? the more people the cheaper the bus....
    looking at around 27 pounds return at the moment, coming back to bristol Monday lunchtime.

any takers?

Id be up for this if there are any spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

Advertisement