Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wait for UPC..

• 10-12-2010 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

So, 3 years after they told me it would be "within 6 months", UPC have finally completed upgrade work in my area. Now, when I check online for my address, their checker tells me that everything except phone and broadband is available (previously it was only digital television), so some progress...

Question - does the UPC broadband service availability typically go hand in hand with network upgrades which deliver the HD service?. I'd be gutted if they do the improvements and don't deliver that.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

Where I'm living, I can get BB and digital+, but not digital+HD or the phone. I'm told it'll be early in the new year, but won't hold my breath, even though several other estates nearby have all services!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

ArthurG wrote: »
    So, 3 years after they told me it would be "within 6 months", UPC have finally completed upgrade work in my area. Now, when I check online for my address, their checker tells me that everything except phone and broadband is available (previously it was only digital television), so some progress...

Question - does the UPC broadband service availability typically go hand in hand with network upgrades which deliver the HD service?. I'd be gutted if they do the improvements and don't deliver that.....
    i can get digital+ but couldnt get phone and broadband.They did network upgrade waiting 3 months before the phone and broadband pop up.I was getting broadband there was a problem with the up stream so have to wait a week for it to get fixed.

Advertisement