Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recreation and leisure

Options
  • 10-12-2010 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

im thinking of doing this course next year and am wondering whats it like? would like to hear from people doing this course what they think of it? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DaMagooster

I graduated from Rec Leis a couple of years back. Where to begin..Firstly I dont regret doing the course one bit. It is a unique and exciting course where you really are moulded into a people person. From the get go you are presenting etc.. If your a big sports fan/star it is a really easy course. Lecturers build a personal relationship with you and genuinely have an interest. They are all great characters and will leave a lasting impression. After 1st year I was a qualified gym instructor and lifeguard. Along the way you pick up other qualifications like holistic massage etc..

Rec leis students often get part time work with the sports teams throughout the year too.

The beauty of the course is after your 3rd year, providing you get over 50% you are eligible to continue on for an hnours degree in business. So basically after 3 years of swimming and playing soccer you can jump into the honours degree and qualify the same as those with 3 years of business:D

Seriously look into it, a great course!

Also forgot to mention that I have also been in employmet and continued on to do a Postgrad in Marketing from NUI Galway...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭rocky2010

Hi,

I am currently in 2nd year of the course in CIT.

I would seriously have a look at what the course offers compare this with what you want to do in 5-10 years and if it matches go for it, if not i wouldnt.

There is very little sports and fitness modules and time especially after 2nd year. I wouldnt say its an easy course by any means. The hardest module without question would be ACCOUNTING so if your any good at this you would be ok. Last year there was a 60% failure rate.

Speaking to a career guidence officer would be a fantastic step as i know many who just done the course and quitted after a few years because they didnt like the course.

Best of luck.

ROCKY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭fireflys

thanks lads much apprecited..if anyone else wants to add more it would be a great help thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Just hi-jacking fireflys' thread here but with the same intention: ) If anyone else besides the two posters above has done or is doing this course, it'd be greeat if you could post some information :)

Advertisement