Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most painful thing you have ever stood on...

• 10-12-2010 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

I got out of bed this morning and stepped right onto a plug...

ooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

in recent weeks its been a cold floor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

a sheet of glass... pane... get it...

oh never mind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Nail, definitely worse imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

A spider.

Painful for the spider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

A copy of 'The Notebook'

Though having to watch it was the painful part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Stood on mother in laws toe once, she's generally quite painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

A broken ankle!!!:mad:

Didn't stand on it for long mind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yer awl wan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

My friend once stood on a plug and it went through his foot :eek:. Ouchies.

Probably lego when I was younger but I haven't stepped on anything in a while. But now I'm bound to do it after saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

My cock !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

A rake, as embarrassing as it is painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

I was training for a marathon years ago and out for a long run.
    I had just done a mile or so when I thought I had a bad blister. 3 hours later I finished and took off my shoe to find I had been running with a nail in my foot. A problem I have over the last few years is that I have no feeling in my left foot and down my leg due to spinal cord damage. You could stab the back of the leg and I wouldn't feel it. Away on holiday I returned to the apartment and thought someone had stepped in paint and walked over the floor until I copped I had stood on glass or something and a huge piece of my sandal was ripped and the heel of my foot was a bloody mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Without a doubt, plugs and Lego. And this is from someone who's fallen hand-first into a fireplace full of glowing embers.

Seriously, the military should abandon the use of landmines and start littering the battlefield with upturned plugs and little plastic building bricks. It’d be far more demoralising for the enemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

dogsh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I did stand on a nail when I was young, that was pretty ****. When I was about 10/11 I was playing hockey or something like that on roller blades with a few other kids when I went a bit too fast into a timber fence and had to press up against it with my hands to stop. When I turned to go back I noticed the tip of a nail in the back of my right hand, just between my smallest finger and ring finger (?, well the right sided equivalent). I had gone effectively right through, the doctor was amazed it didn't hit anything and looking back now so am I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Without a doubt, plugs and Lego. And this is from someone who's fallen hand-first into a fireplace full of glowing embers.

Seriously, the military should abandon the use of landmines and start littering the battlefield with upturned plugs and little plastic building bricks. It’d be far more demoralising for the enemy.

I think the Geneva convention forbids the use of weapons such as these....much too dangerous :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Lego definitely especially when it is a pointy shaped lego piece from one of those lego kits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Yeah probably a plug!

Advertisement