Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFBC2 VIETNAM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I don't know..it still feels the same as BC2 but basically reskinned...it badly needs new modes.
    I prefer Black Ops as I have a choice of HQ/Domination/Demolition/CTF so if I get bored of one I can always switch..
    I really miss Battlefield 2..must reinstall it again as I only reinstalled my OS recently and haven't gotten around to it yet..
    There still is no game out there that can hold my attention like BF2 did..even BO I only play it for an hour or two..
    I'm really hoping BF3 delivers and it better have jets etc..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I really like it....have not played BO in a while. Mainly because I hate switching between the two as the run and gun tactics of BO take an age to get into from the slower tactics of BFBC2 and vice versa. But give me tactics and squad play over RnG anyday.

I do love the new exspansion, but as always it has its flaws. The maps are pretty much setup for snipers which takes an awful lot away from the teamplay...especially a HARDCORE server.

Terrible placement of home base, especially if enemy have all flags....distance to the nearest flag from base far to short....so you get the mongos just sitting there in tanks with no way of flanking or breaking out.....as some of the home bases do not even have armour to break out...so you have peeps leaving very quickly.

Flamer thrower on the tanks are pretty much useless....TBH....but the game is just brilliant. Kinda wished I played the 1st vietnam coz I bet I would have loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

I'm saving unlocking it for the Christmas time off work ,BO will keep me going till then .its only 4 days away , I can wait .

Just tell me one thing. Flame thrower , Does the carrier of this weapon explode in an epic display if u hit the pack...cause if he doesn't that's an epic fail............

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Joeface wrote: »
    I'm saving unlocking it for the Christmas time off work ,BO will keep me going till then .its only 4 days away , I can wait .

Just tell me one thing. Flame thrower , Does the carrier of this weapon explode in an epic display if u hit the pack...cause if he doesn't that's an epic fail............

Tragically no, but seeing people running around on fire is still rewarding.

/except when it's me on fire, as it so often is.

Have not used the flamethrower yet, but if you on fire and get to a medi pack can you be healed?

Or you pretty much FOOKED!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have not used the flamethrower yet, but if you on fire and get to a medi pack can you be healed?

Or you pretty much FOOKED!

Yes, if you're only lightly on fire, it keeps burning for a while.

I assume also they did not bring back what was great about the original BFV

apart from the weapons and mobile spawns ,,,,,,,,,,,the select your track to kill to ...........best option ever.

I assume also they did not bring back what was great about the original BFV

apart from the weapons and mobile spawns ,,,,,,,,,,,the select your track to kill to ...........best option ever.

It's X by default to switch radio channel. You may need to set carradio=1 in your gamesettings.ini ( I had to in my case).

Having not played the original:o what is this "TRACK TO KILL" business....radio in vehicles is it? Judging by the .ini spear has put up?

Having not played the original:o what is this "TRACK TO KILL" business....radio in vehicles is it? Judging by the .ini spear has put up?

You haven't experienced the in-car radios?

• Advertisement

This was the sound track ,... Always found hearing The Ride of the Valkyries" as a cue to duck for cover ...only for some bast@rd on a scooter to past.

1. Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Fortunate Son" (opening theme)-As a reference to Platoon (film) and Forrest Gump.
    2. Edwin Starr - "War"
    3. Martha Reeves and the Vandellas - "Nowhere to Run"-As a reference to Good Morning, Vietnam.
    4. The Troggs - "Wild Thing"
    5. Rare Earth - "Get Ready"
    6. Canned Heat - "On the Road Again"-As a reference to Tour of Duty (TV series).
    7. The Guess Who - "Shakin' All Over"
    8. Count Five - "Psychotic Reaction"
    9. Deep Purple - "Hush"
    10. The Kinks - "All Day And All Of The Night"
    11. The Kinks - "You Really Got Me"
    12. The Box Tops - "The Letter"
    13. Jefferson Airplane - "Somebody to Love"
    14. Bobby Fuller Four - "I Fought the Law"
    15. Budapest Symphony Orchestra - "The Ride of the Valkyries"-As a reference to Apocalypse Now.
    16. The Trashmen - "Surfin' Bird"-As a reference to Full Metal Jacket.
    17. Jefferson Airplane - "White Rabbit" (Menu theme, instrumental remix)-As a reference to Platoon (film).

No mate I have not :(

It would be great if the choppers had a loud speaker to play the music as you were RAPED!!!!

No mate I have not :(

It would be great if the choppers had a loud speaker to play the music as you were RAPED!!!!

They do, all the US vehicles have radios.

So you can hear the american choppers music as it comes in for the KILL in BFBC2:Vietnam!!!!

The best just gets better...:D I will have to go into the console later...off work early coz the roads are bad.....gonna neglect the family today and get into the paddy fields all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Game is very cool, a lot of fun... while it lasts.. only a matter of time before 14 yr olds find some sniper abuse or way to feck it up..

Its very up close and personal fighting, flamethrower may not get you a lot of kills, but its quality over quantity.. running downhill through the rice fields, jumping over the rock and finding 4 or 5 GI's squatting behind.. then just flaming the lot of them.. beyond satisfying..

In fact the whole running thing adds so much to the atmosphere of the game.. a line of vietmanese charging through the jungle.. replicates so many scenes from so many good vietnam movies

Of course there is chopper hunger, queues form, its just too much fun to be blaring out music, rocketing positions and just generally flying crazy low between the trees .. pity they don't have one 'vehicle' map with 4 or 5 choppers for the Apoc Now scene.. maybe Hastings.. but I am guessing 3 choppers max in that

So much content.. but still have the feeling they could've added more.. mooooore... punji stake traps.. vietmanese chatter or warcries.. napalm.. bayonettes.. etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

looking forward to getting into this over the next few days, havnt had time to get stuck in since purchasing on release.

Played an hour or so, slotted right back into BF mode doing well, but really enjoy how its oldschool and its just skill against skill.

Granted i still grind my teeth against "thumpers" it looks like it will be plenty of fun ;)

gave in , played last nite , ended up on the TiG server (lycan_irl)

I find the game better to play than BC2 ,but the sound seems awful.
    its still been over run with medics but at least they die now.

it will last a few months. good enough game.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Jonny7 wrote: »
    So much content.. but still have the feeling they could've added more.. mooooore... punji stake traps.. vietmanese chatter or warcries.. napalm.. bayonettes.. etc etc etc
    There are punji sticks, expect they may as well be a wall for all the use they are: I can stand on top of them, and not get hurt.
    gave in , played last nite , ended up on the TiG server (lycan_irl)
    Ah, that's you... :D Think I stabbed you in the face, after mowing down some one of comrades with the M60, shooting another with a pistol, and hitting you with a knife to the face at close range.

Syco you C*U*n*T*

yes i said that , had almost gone my first full round with out been stabbed

had a plus KDR , had just planted ..........And u knifed me when i was reloading ............for once i was screaming ...where is COD slight of hand when u need it .I could see u running at me and the gun would just not reload.

People's mentality have to change playing this game....seriously. Played for hours last night and I swear you get a map any map, take 3 or 2 flags and sit RAPING LIKE FOOK the last flag with no effort to take it at all!!!!

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS KIND OF MENTALITY

I was on the raping team (not raping) and the other side multiple times and its just so stupidly boring and crap. I was urging my team on the flank etc trying to take the last flag, so maybe the others can flank and game on again....OH NO, as soon as the 75% of flags taken its sniper and tank time....OMFG. I wonder if it is younger players not us old foggees that do it.

Then the last hour, found an absolute sw33t server with dublin gunner and shootermac (On the other side :( ) and another steam friend. But it was an absolute great bit of craic, flags were only taken and I swear running away the thing started to flash the enemy back on it....real fast pace and tactics to the fore....When this game works...it really works. I was running around like a headless chicken...very very close matches. And team mates with BRAINS....that actually changed kits according to the situation (no point spawning as sniper when tank at the flag!!) not reviving with a tank looking at you.

Choppers need to be nerfed a tad for damage....just cant take them down quick enough now they handle like a go cart....and the tank flamethrowers are absolute CRAP.....

Bottom line if you find a good server....STICK WITH IT

• Advertisement

Doesn't just happen with teams , it happens with in squads.
    And this was happening in BC2 the whole time as well. u may not have noticed while raping with ur M60 ( yes that was a dig) .

M-Com seems to always lead to better team work . with more of goal and the progress thru each bomb site , makes it a much better game.

LOL....you must not have played this game in MONTHS with me, have not used an M60 since launch u numpty. Even now in Vietnam I use the lesser powered RPK medi gun and the lesser powered AK47 (I think its less accurate and power then the M16?)

But yeah I agree, the M-COM games are much better for teamwork but not great games over all.

That would be correct , but i know how u hate be accused of be a rapist .....every medic does , its the insurance

the AK47 is a cracking good weapon , used that most of last nite my self.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

People's mentality have to change playing this game....seriously. Played for hours last night and I swear you get a map any map, take 3 or 2 flags and sit RAPING LIKE FOOK the last flag with no effort to take it at all!!!!

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS KIND OF MENTALITY

I was on the raping team (not raping) and the other side multiple times and its just so stupidly boring and crap. I was urging my team on the flank etc trying to take the last flag, so maybe the others can flank and game on again....OH NO, as soon as the 75% of flags taken its sniper and tank time....OMFG. I wonder if it is younger players not us old foggees that do it.

Then the last hour, found an absolute sw33t server with dublin gunner and shootermac (On the other side :( ) and another steam friend. But it was an absolute great bit of craic, flags were only taken and I swear running away the thing started to flash the enemy back on it....real fast pace and tactics to the fore....When this game works...it really works. I was running around like a headless chicken...very very close matches. And team mates with BRAINS....that actually changed kits according to the situation (no point spawning as sniper when tank at the flag!!) not reviving with a tank looking at you.

Choppers need to be nerfed a tad for damage....just cant take them down quick enough now they handle like a go cart....and the tank flamethrowers are absolute CRAP.....

Bottom line if you find a good server....STICK WITH IT

To me that sounds like a good server. Battlefield has always been a bit like that, on good servers no flag is easy to take and get defended robustly while others are just a constant run after teh other team capping flags in a never ending cycle.

the #BC 2 maps are well designed, there are flanking options but really the most important thing is to rush the B flag as fast as possible and hold it.

There were some good games on vietnavan last night, where both teams traded the B flag a few times before one side got it locked down and the team who had the bad start took the win. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

lads are there irish servers you play on? TIG didnt seem to have anyone on it

BornIn84 wrote: »
    lads are there irish servers you play on? TIG didnt seem to have anyone on it

I've seen plenty on the TiG server over the weekend at least.

Otherwise I tend to stick to the Lion Guards server for Vietnam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Then the last hour, found an absolute sw33t server with dublin gunner and shootermac (On the other side :( ) and another steam friend.
    Care to share with us what the name of the server is? I've a couple of really good servers saved, but of course, you can always do with more!

Yeah I will get it and post it up, I always look to see if VIETNAVAN is populated but most times when I log on there is only one or two on it and I aint waiting around. I was on it the other night with KARMA..I think it was VIETNAVAN....had a good few rounds end to end stuff aswell. But if I find another server then I am on it Lionel Ritchie style "ALL NIGHT LONG" :D

I will post up the server names, I have found alot of the GERMAN SERVERS are really really good....dont ask me why.....but then again they do like a good war dont they!!!:eek::eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I want whatever Wonda's on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

BornIn84 wrote: »
    lads are there irish servers you play on? TIG didn't seem to have anyone on it

TiG server is active every night jump on around 7pm onwards,

same as during the day jump on it doesn't take long to fill up.

most of the TiG lads aren't finished work till after 5-6 so around 7pm we all jump on.

An admin is available almost all day if needed.

Advertisement