Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFBC2 VIETNAM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Alot of people have said the same thing, not mad on BFBC2 but love VIETNAM...personally I think it just plays better all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Battle for hastings counter:

http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/vietnam/battleforhastings

51.5m of 69m team actions on PC. So less than a week I'd say before its unlocked. Look at PS3 and Xbox though, useless n00bs!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Battle for hastings counter:

http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com/vietnam/battleforhastings

51.5m of 69m team actions on PC. So less than a week I'd say before its unlocked. Look at PS3 and Xbox though, useless n00bs!

It's only been counting since the 22nd, so only another 2.5 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

vietnam is cool , but i dunno some maps the choppers are deadly to take out , i find everyone is waiting for them or for a tank , does anyone have any good anti chopper tips besides shoot it with the tank ?:D

Just played a game and our team was getting raped by the two helis. It just wasn't fun. They weren't even trying to take the objective instead the opposition spent the whole time just strafing us. Blackhawks were underpowered when BC2 launched, but these Hueys are the opposite end of the spectrum and need a serious nerfing.

The handling is a joke...the things corner on a euro ffs. They should make them handle like the choppers in BFBC2 a little heavy and not as nimble, and nerf the damage a little or place the odd SAM or whatever was around back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

the good pilots know to not fly directly overhead through a village, was on a server today and pilot flew straight above me a few times rpg took him out every time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

pc into the home stretch now for Hastings 8.8 mill to go

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The handling is a joke...the things corner on a euro ffs. They should make them handle like the choppers in BFBC2 a little heavy and not as nimble, and nerf the damage a little or place the odd SAM or whatever was around back then.

The handling is far better than the bc2 choppers , and as for cornering its meh ok, it could be better , if u think the huey's can corner on euro you should play the old Battlefield Vietnam we ust to be able to spin round the flag pole with the nose down to cap the flag. sure you cant even preform a barrel roll with the new choppers.

The old battlefield Vietnam choppers were perfect the new choppers are meh pretty much ok, in my mind they could do with a slight tweak on handling to allow you to through them about abit more feels kind of ridged for me

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yesterday:
    51.5m of 69m team actions on PC.

Today: 62.3m
    I'd say it'll ht 69m before the weekend, easily.
    ABE wrote: »
    sure you cant even preform a barrel roll with the new choppers.
    I'm blaming the ceiling height.

The old Hueys were easy to handle. The new Hueys get dragged down by gravity a bit more if doing a fast low turn, but are more powerful than the old Hueys, as they can then pull up from the ground faster.

the_syco wrote: »
    Today: 62.3m
    I'd say it'll ht 69m before the weekend, easily.
    Now 68.8m - should be unlocked by this evening, imo :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Already unlocked:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/12/30/welcome-to-hastings.aspx

lol we're all medic/resupply/repair whores!

Oh I'll be on the new map later with my shiny new GTX 460 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Was playing earlier.

SPPAWWWWNNNN RAAAAAPPPPEEEE. Just like old times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

The heli feels like its made out of cardboard, if I see one flying overhead I usually empty a clip into it.

That said me and my bro who is also playing we both gun for the helis on that map with 2, as soon as we get into them we just do all the cinematic flying, side my side rocket runs and split both ways or getting as much speed to dive down between the trees and give our passengers the best possible ride.. also do a nice taxi service bringing everyone into the war zone.. but I just.. cant.. understand why on earth they don't release a map with more heli's .. much more, everything can be balanced.. come on dice!

More heli's....WTF....are you havin a laugh. They bring absolutely NOTHING to the game in fairness....they should take the rockets of them and just have the side gunners TBH and have it defending flags.

Tanks are perfect...except for the flamethrower which is totally USELESS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

one thing i will say about hastings is that the helos are getting downed like no tommorow its not a huge map so tanks are getting good shots at them the whole time. Makes me wonder did that happen much in real life??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

New map's a bit crap really. Just spawn camping everywhere, it's like half the times you spawn someone with an M40 just picks you right away.

Dice gave in and unlocked Hastings for the consoles early.

More heli's....WTF....are you havin a laugh. They bring absolutely NOTHING to the game in fairness....they should take the rockets of them and just have the side gunners TBH and have it defending flags.

Rush on Hastings: the attacking team has heuys and tanks, and the defense has... nothing but engineers... :'(

one thing i will say about hastings is that the helos are getting downed like no tommorow its not a huge map so tanks are getting good shots at them the whole time. Makes me wonder did that happen much in real life??

Yup, as soon as the NVA saw any choppers, they all ran for the jeeps and tanks and pressed f2... it was a slaughter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Played a bit of the normal BF:BC2 tonight and there seems to be a massive amount of new players, makes the game a bit easier for the veterans. I had scores that I only could have dreamed of if it was versus teams of Rank 40+ like a few weeks ago. God bless Steam sales!

LMFAO....I have been playing nothing but hastings lately. And if you want a postive K : D you sit in armour END OFF! Even trying to play the game normal and run around capping flags you just cannon fodder.

I tell you the map would be AMAZING INF ONLY, but I do like it TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

love how the PC completely owned the the 2 consoles. i think the xbobx was only on 35 million or something when the PC unlocked it. Unless console noobs :). Thats ****e that they unlocked it early for the consoles. They should of had to wait till they actually got to 69 million aswell.

The thing that has me is...if the consoles unlocked the map 1st. I bet we would still be waiting!!! Coz them spotty 15yr olds would be throwing the dummies across the room if it was the other way round!!!

It would be all like:

"Duuude WTF...like we totally nuked that map n sh1t. Now the geekoids on the MACs are like totally getting it for free n stuff..Totally suxxor if ya ask me!!! I am soooo gonna get my mom to write a letter or phone 1-800 NOT FAIR!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Inf Only, I hear you. Think the maps would be great inf only, loved playing BF2 that way.

Who cares?? I am so tired of balance, if the game can handle it make a map with 10 helis and 10 tanks...

did you ever play Aberdeen in bf2? almost 13 tanks a side.. you couldn't get on the servers it was so popular

I can sit there like a gay and rack up 31 for 3 score as medic, but I prefer to be chopper ferrying people in and out of hairy situations.. diving between the trees.. playing for those cinematic moments, hell I even lay down suppressing fire even when I know I'm not gonna hit anything.. you know why? because its suppressing fire!!!

I wonder how many choppers you could get into Hill 137? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I wonder how many choppers you could get into Hill 137? :D

spawn -> grab heli ->fly to hill 137 ->fly into hill 137 -> die -> respawn -> wait for heli

rinse & repeat.... about 100 I think :)

Ya see thats the thing....99% of peeps playing this game do not use the chopper as its intended. Its not an APACHE GUNSHIP, but peeps use it as an apache gunship in vietnam, its not for attacking tank after tank, going around the map looking for one infantry on his own and firing 4 rockets then crashing coz they dived too deep. Then again there is no incentive to do it either, you dont get points for picking up a full squad and landing at a flag is there?

Dont get me wrong, TBH when I see a dude in a chopper that is realy good...KUDOS to him...coz it does take skill. But staying in the chopper for the whole round....and doing nothing else....not even giving a lift...not even spotting enemy....USELESS!
    In fact I am glad that the heli's get hammered on hastings from the tanks..coz they are not used as you said covering flags and giving out surpressing fire. Man I would love you in my squad......my kinda guy.

• Advertisement

After you left last night Wonda, I went onto that 1000 ticket server again - had a hilarious time!

We had all the flags (Hastings), but then they go A back. I sat in a boat at B, where the boat spawns, didn't move it, not one inch. Sat in the front turret, and got 22 kills on the trot with the n00bs coming over the hill from A.

It was gas!

Once again finished with 60+ kills and I dunno, 20 deaths or something. Very funny though :D

I like Hastings, it can be a camp fest, but just mince the campers out of it. There are WAY too many n00b players these days, and if you're on a bad team it can be mighty frustrating - as Wonda knows with my moaning the other night! No spotting, not squad coherence, guys sitting at the spawn in our tanks, rather than trying to get out and win etc etc wrecks my head!

Advertisement