Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFBC2 VIETNAM

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

After you left last night Wonda, I went onto that 1000 ticket server again - had a hilarious time!

We had all the flags (Hastings), but then they go A back. I sat in a boat at B, where the boat spawns, didn't move it, not one inch. Sat in the front turret, and got 22 kills on the trot with the n00bs coming over the hill from A.

It was gas!

Once again finished with 60+ kills and I dunno, 20 deaths or something. Very funny though :D

I like Hastings, it can be a camp fest, but just mince the campers out of it. There are WAY too many n00b players these days, and if you're on a bad team it can be mighty frustrating - as Wonda knows with my moaning the other night! No spotting, not squad coherence, guys sitting at the spawn in our tanks, rather than trying to get out and win etc etc wrecks my head!

Jaysus...another 1000 ticket game. What time you go to bed at....I left late enough. They must have been a right gang of noobs not to kill you in that boat. Coz its the 1st thing I do if I get caught like that.....actively go back and get the ****er in the boat as you have the advantage!

Last to long the 1000 ticket games and because peeps know that the game goes on mad long they just tend to sit and tank "snipe" even more..like that fella last night.....that came 1st.....never killed him all night coz he had a tank wielded to his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

LoLth wrote: »
    spawn -> grab heli ->fly to hill 137 ->fly into hill 137 -> die -> respawn -> wait for heli

rinse & repeat.... about 100 I think :)
    I was thinking... 16 players each side, have 16 choppers :D
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    never killed him all night coz he had a tank wielded to his ass.
    He wouldn't have lasted long if I was in that game :D

Actually, ya cant even jihad jeep on that map with all the armour....you get shot instantly. :eek:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Actually, ya cant even jihad jeep on that map with all the armour....you get shot instantly. :eek:
    On Hastings? I do it all the time. You just have to clear people out of your path first. That, and run people over, and aim at random people. They'll kick you/remember you/avoid you/run away from you after a while, and then you can just drive normal jeeps around, and terrify people :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Gaming on PC is really nerdy though (to all those PS3 haters)

• Advertisement

Gaming on a PC is nerdy...WTF! :confused:

You on a illegal substance mate....maybe 25 yrs ago gaming on some old IBM or Amiga.....how you think its cooler to play the same games with inferior graphics and sound just with a wirelss PS3 remote is a brain dead statement....XBOX does not come into coz I have an Windows Xbox wireless controller for games so its the same but with the better Audio and Video.....

At least on the PC version of the game we can spot, and revive etc etc a hell of alot better....must be a problem with all u spotty teens and ur thumbs not able to do it.

mozattack wrote: »
    Gaming on PC is really nerdy though (to all those PS3 haters)
    Is the PS5 or XBOX 9,000,000,000 out? No? Then go back to your sh|tty graphics :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

sorry if this has already been asked but is vietnam multi player only or is there campaign aswell, if so how long is it roughly?

cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

sorry if this has already been asked but is vietnam multi player only or is there campaign aswell, if so how long is it roughly?

cheers

It's multiplayer only, with 5 maps. There's no single player aspect at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

I bought this but TBH I am disappointed. The maps are fine but is that it? €13 for 5 new maps? No new classes and worst of all no new game modes. Just feels like we've be short changed. Adding in a few new uninspiring weapons and a flamethrower just isn't enough for me. Its not a bad game or anything, I just expected alot more from an expansion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I bought this but TBH I am disappointed. The maps are fine but is that it? €13 for 5 new maps? No new classes and worst of all no new game modes. Just feels like we've be short changed. Adding in a few new uninspiring weapons and a flamethrower just isn't enough for me. Its not a bad game or anything, I just expected alot more from a €13 expansion.

TBH I've easily gotten €13 worth of entertainment out of it. (though I'm pretty sure I only paid €10 for it...)

New maps, new vehicles, new awards music! €10/13 isn't gonna break the bank for an expansion, especially considering we only got a map pack for free just before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

especially considering we only got a map pack for free just before it.

Don't get me started on those bloody wind mills!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Don't get me started on those bloody wind mills!

I only wish they were destroyable so those useless snipers up on them could be splattered in new and even more humiliating manners.

Spear wrote: »
    I only wish they were destroyable so those useless snipers up on them could be splattered in new and even more humiliating manners.

Bail out of chopper + knife = sniper humiliation :D

Bail out of chopper + knife = sniper humiliation :D

I've happy with the knife part, it's the chopper part where I fall down.

Spear wrote: »
    I've happy with the knife part, it's the chopper part where I fall down.

I can't fly them. I'm useless. I'm damn good at jumping out of them though lol

Price of a knife 20 euro
    price of a chopper for the day 5000 euro
    Look on that campy hoe when i drive it up his coal pipe priceless!

You have not been on in ages mate....WTF? Are you still having them issues wiuth random CTD etc. We need to get that sorted, I have a major session planned tonite......no messing around.....all night game session with a few millers.

Try to get sorted and join me, I am sure dubs will be on aswell.

Oh I will.

Haven't really been on much the past 2 nights.

Being putting in savage hours lately at work, leaving me washed out in the evenings, try coding hard for 10 hours, 5 days a week.
    It leaves you pretty much a zombie who can only eat and grunt..............and play assassin's creed 2 on the ps3 ^ ^.

I'll do my best to get on tonight, hope the ball & chain buys some beer, finger's crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Just bought this a couple of hours ago on steam and been loving it. Not sure if I ended up playing on a hardcore server but the game plays very different to BC2. Very nasty firefights, and a cracking soundtrack/ vintage radio commentary :D

Advertisement