Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Inquest

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

barney4001 wrote: »
    News Of The World today,well i suppose paper takes anything including siht:D

You listen to Joe Duffy and read the NOTW. Dear God you must have some very insightful views and factual stories to share with the world..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

mike65 wrote: »

You think they'd at least change the caption on the photo don't you?

I'm pretty sure his funeral wasn't 'last week'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Is the first paragraph detailing a hypothetical situation, or did he actually do that?

If so, he should have been sacked!

He wrote in the book that he did it...
    Before that he regularly flew in and out of RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

What about the hotel in the sindo that was owed €10k after he and his family lived it up for a week there......businesses all over the country constantly getting caught by pricks with big egos who cant get over the fact that they dont have money anymore. This type of carry on has put god knows how many small businesses and sole traders out of business.When mr ryan was reading the unemployment figures in the papers daily did he ever think or give a sh*te that people may have lost their job over his love of wine and fine food. RTE knew this was going on for years they are a total disgrace!!!!another FAS

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm open minded towards most drugs, but coke users are generally not interested in drugs, Coke is a stand alone drug, and I consider it an assholes drug, people outside of the drug culture who take coke just sit around patting each other on the back telling each other how great they are and talk a hell of lot of ****e. The exerpts from gerrys book refrencing the four seasons as his canteen etc, are the words of a coke head.
    Gerry was a giant on the radio over the years, even with his obvious personality shift, i really feel sorry for his family, who will have to stand up and support themselves from now on. Give me gerry over f**ing Tubridy any day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

I feel that all who have posted on here for years that Ryan was an overpaid a**hole have been totally vindicated. An apology from the moderators would be nice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Rookster wrote: »
    I feel that all who have posted on here for years that Ryan was an overpaid a**hole have been totally vindicated. An apology from the moderators would be nice.
    lololololol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Saw in the newspaper this morning that his family (who he left for that yoke) may be evicted because of how he died, i.e. insurance won't pay for coke fiends. I feel so sorry for his children, what an epic failure of a human being they had for a father.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

ebixa82 wrote: »
    You listen to Joe Duffy and read the NOTW. Dear God you must have some very insightful views and factual stories to share with the world..

I do not read the News Of The World, just seen the headlines,but i do listen to Joe Duffy while driving and when i get a chance at home,other wise im just like yourself a normal person who tries to keep up to date on whats going on locally,Satisfied???:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

curlzy wrote: »
    Saw in the newspaper this morning that his family (who he left for that yoke) may be evicted because of how he died, i.e. insurance won't pay for coke fiends. I feel so sorry for his children, what an epic failure of a human being they had for a father.

I dont agree, I think in fact it shows that he's human (despite all the money and fame he had) just like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

curlzy wrote: »

ryan became a self employed contractor to RTE, the only reason for this was to, essentially, make the taxpayer pay more money for his invaluable services.

ryan makes a total mess of his affairs, is verging on broke and then overdoses on drugs. RTE then promise his family a pension.

now, i have sympathy for his family. but why on earth the licence payer is being screwed again by this man is beyond me. his family has absolutely no right to a pension as he forfeited that right when he contracted himself out for big bucks.

this is a disgrace. why exactly should this family get preferential treatment from a state body when other families around the country would be told to swing? another fine example of what's wrong with this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Bella mamma

Rookster wrote: »
    The girlfriend said he never took cocaine while the results showed he died from it. She must feel like a right fool.Or else she was talking through her arse.

His girlfriend, Melanie, gave her testimony under oath BEFORE the pathologist's report was read into evidence. She said that she believed he kept his promise (to her) not to use drugs up until the night he died, i.e. she already knew that cocaine was found in his system and it was the cause of his death. What she did NOT know was that the pathology report showed that he had fibrosis of his heart valves - a sign of long term cocaine use - and this is why she collasped sobbing in a heap.

She also thought that his stress was the cause of his breathlessnes, insomnia, agitation, going grey, prolific sweating etc when, in fact, they are all classic signs of cocaine use.

My point being - The Ryan family and their high profile barrister should have had the common courtesy to let her know the full autopsy report before the inquest took place. It is sent to the barrister/family in the months before an inquest takes place. Commonly the barrister then requests expert medical opinions from The UK (around £5k each), so that when he represents the family he can ask the pathologist questions. In this case, to try undermine the long term use association.

Brian Farrell, the coroner (also a legal eagle), could have asked Morah Ryan under oath if she knew of any drug abuse.

The dog in the street knew about his past but just maybe maybe she didn't and she believed him to the day.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

whycliff wrote: »
    I dont agree, I think in fact it shows that he's human (despite all the money and fame he had) just like the rest of us.

Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭deanodrummer

I wouldn't believe a word out of so-called 'celebrities' mouths... They're all spoofers.

As far as Ryan goes, he lived a lavish lifestyle, although he tried to be on the level with the people. It was his business to do drugs, it's his life, but when family is involved they should be number 1 proiority. The real tragedy is leaving his family behind after all of this. What a selfish prick.

Don't forget either, whether it's Gerry Ryan or Joe Scumbag doing heroin on Talbot Street, they're all contributing to a drug fuelled society, keeping dealers in business, keeping violence on our streets and all the rest of the ****e that goes along with drug use.

Don't forget either, whether it's Gerry Ryan or Joe Scumbag doing heroin on Talbot Street, they're all contributing to a drug fuelled society, keeping dealers in business, keeping violence on our streets and all the rest of the ****e that goes along with drug use.

so what would you do?

personally, i'd make all drugs illegal, that way, people wont be able to buy the stuff and it'll be sorted.

I haven't got all the answers. I just choose not to do drugs, therefore not contributing to said society.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

so what would you do?

personally, i'd make all drugs illegal, that way, people wont be able to buy the stuff and it'll be sorted.

not even amusing.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    not even amusing.

maybe not...

but this was totally f'ucking hilarious:

maybe not...

but this was totally f'ucking hilarious:

how so?

• Advertisement

how so?

because you expect drug users to stop buying drugs for all those reasons - most of which are actually due to the legal status of drugs and not the actual drugs themselves - and thats laughable.

i mean no offence, but your paragraph is an example of everything that's wrong with this country's attitude towards drugs. ie. you'd simply like people to just stop doing them...as if it's that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

just wondering about the people that was on the tribute to gerry ryan on the Late Late Show after his death.

Did they know he was taking cocaine - from what I remember they were remembering stories about them all going on holiday etc.

IN particular Dave Fanning was on the TV all around that time crying and saying he was one of his best friends - did he know he was taking drugs? And did they have anything to day on the subject over the past few days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Do you feel betrayed?

That's a fair point but I think you misunderstood me.

The way it is with the law is that we can't change it. We can protest, petition or whatever but as it stands drugs are illegal and as long as they are then choosing to do them will continue to fuel this element of society. It's not as if we don't take notice of whats going on around us, so my point was that it might be recreational or whatever but it still keep dealers in business.

I never said I expected drug users to do anything. That's not for me to say. It was just an observation.
    I wouldn't begin to suggest that it's that simple to just stop doing drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

A €2000 a week coke habit can't be hidden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

Do you feel betrayed?

:D:D no, not at all - i never listened to him - I found him to be pompous and a bit seedy.

as for Dave Fanning - I think he lost a lot of people who didn't really have an opinion about him, to them gagging when they see his face now due to his "ad" on bono.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

OK maybe he was selfish, he used drugs and had somewhat of a draw towards cocaine which in the end ended up killing him.

He's left behind a family whom I would be pretty certain will not be on the breadline or in the Q for the dole like 400,000 people around Ireland.

But do people here really need to be calling him a prick, *****r, smug b*statd druggy, junkie ect?

Ok maybe you didnt like his radio show, there are hundred others throughout Ireland.

There is a huge sense of satifaction from a lot of people on this thread that there was Cocaine found in his system so that they can stick the knife in and really twist it for whatever reason.

Its pretty sad on their part really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

And of course the prohibition made alcohol vanish in the US.
    i mean no offence, but your paragraph is an example of everything that's wrong with this country's attitude towards drugs. ie. you'd simply like people to just stop doing them...as if it's that simple.

What is wrong with Ireland's attitude to drugs is sticking its head in the sand, ignoring the fact that one of the most abused and dangerous drugs is actually a drug, and of course saying one thing while doing another.

Making a substance illegal will never ban it completely, it only pushes it underground and increases crime. Human beings have the right to put anything into their system, without the government telling them what they can and cannot do.

That's a fair point but I think you misunderstood me.

The way it is with the law is that we can't change it. We can protest, petition or whatever but as it stands drugs are illegal and as long as they are then choosing to do them will continue to fuel this element of society. It's not as if we don't take notice of whats going on around us, so my point was that it might be recreational or whatever but it still keep dealers in business.

I never said I expected drug users to do anything. That's not for me to say. It was just an observation.
    I wouldn't begin to suggest that it's that simple to just stop doing drugs.

that's fair enough...

i know this is weird, but more people need to stop blaming dealers and criminals for the drug problem - they're doing what capitalism and society conditions them to do: make money. it's society in turn which places their product outside the law creating the conditions for murder, theft and almost all the spin off crimes. the onyl real crime a drug creates by itself is a public health problem - everything else is man made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Threads merged.

Please do not post libelous remarks about other people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement