Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Inquest

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Bambi wrote: »
    Presumably he was'nt bogarting all the coke he bought..

He was also paying above the odds for it to keep it a secret.

Or so some tabloid rag or other says.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Comparing Daniella Westbrook's septum with Uncle Gerry's septum is like comparing a new born lamb to a thorough bred race horse.
    G Ryan had a big power-house of a nose (jewesk?) that could withstand years of abuse -

And more than likely the coke he was getting was a load of heavily-stepped on rubbish.
    If he was buying "pub toilet" deals then he was getting fleeced,no doubt about it..purity only starts to improve when you buy the stuff by the ounce and even then its probably less than 50% pure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Lumen wrote: »
    Assuming he put all that up his own nose.

Where else do you put cocaine?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Where else do you put cocaine?:confused:

Some people get a midget to blow it up their ass with a straw.

Or so I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Ah come on, that's a low blow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jonniealan

<snip>
    MOD: We're not interested in "word on the street" stuff here.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

He was always an AS*HO!E so no loss. One more junkie off the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Jonniealan wrote: »
    <snip>

Yes we are!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Yes we are!

Hehehe.
    Think in terms of the royal we...
    Rumours about who gets what drugs from whom and the like which arent substantiated could get boards in legal trouble so we have to remove such posts.
    Anyway. Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭policeman

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/cocaine-i-hadnt-a-clue-insists-ryans-rte-boss-2459943.html

Is this guy thick or what? Totally in denial. Of course you wouldn't know. He had to keep it well hidden especially from his boss :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Yes, but that isn't their only source of income. Advertisements and sponsorships would play a big part too. What I meant however was that it's not like he was a politician or something. He was an entertainment figure. And what he could have brought in via advertisements and sponsorship deals for the ratings he was getting both on radio and television would have meant that his salary could have been worth it to keep him on and give him the salary he asked for.

In all honesty, I never listened to him. I never watched his shows. And while some say how they'll never listen to the radio again, no one could replace him etc. I don't really care. I feel sorry for his family for what they've been put through and could have to go through in the future. That's about it. But for people to keep saying how he was buying it with the taxpayers money just doesn't make sense to me. He was buying it with his own money. He was buying it with the money he earned and he earned that money due to the money he made for RTE

I don't want to get down to splitting hairs, but the maths are much more than the actual advertising revenue genereated by the Gerry Ryan Show is/was greater than the fee paid to Gerry Ryan. What about all the back room/reserachers etc etc involved in the show? RTE is a big overhead much of it paid for public fees. RTE pay rates for non-celebs is modest, which makes one wonder why a public broadcaster should be paying way over the odds and market rates to a few 'in-house' celebs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I don't want to get down to splitting hairs, but the maths are much more than the actual advertising revenue genereated by the Gerry Ryan Show is/was greater than the fee paid to Gerry Ryan. What about all the back room/reserachers etc etc involved in the show? RTE is a big overhead much of it paid for public fees. RTE pay rates for non-celebs is modest, which makes one wonder why a public broadcaster should be paying way over the odds and market rates to a few 'in-house' celebs.

Researchers are generally very badly paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

The notion that 2FM employees contractors renumeration being beyond question on account that the station apparently turrns a profit solely on advertising revenue is a bit dubious anyway.

2FM may be profitable on paper but they seem to get a lot of hidden subsidy in the form of cross promotion. Below cost office/studio space. Transmission and other shared facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Or so I've heard.

The 'German method'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    The notion that 2FM employees contractors renumeration being beyond question on account that the station apparently turrns a profit solely on advertising revenue is a bit dubious anyway.

Yep, the TV licence apologists play that card all the time when anyone says Tubridy or the like on 2fm are a waste of licence fee.
    Pure bullshit, shur they are piggybacking off one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

tiny timy wrote: »
    He was always an AS*HO!E so no loss. One more junkie off the streets.

and your a saint and you have no mates that do drugs or you dont know anybody that does drugs
    so you have the same attitude to them my guess is no......

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

jimmynokia wrote: »
    and your a saint and you have no mates that do drugs or you dont know anybody that does drugs
    QUOTE]
    As clever as you think you are, your right! I don't have any mates that do drugs, because they wouldn't be my mates if they did. If you have to resort to drugs in your life then your not well, there's always a way around problems, simply talking to people about your problems can sort a hell of alot of poblems in your life out. Alot of people cannot see this solution and that is where the Government should be putting more and more money into special programs e.g the samaritans instead of the blood sucking banks for to try and decrease these very serious problem. It's going to get worse in months to come with the state of the economy and people with nothing to do with their lives and getting more and more depressed with extra pressure on them. So don't try being so smart and try and make a difference. If that's all Ryan had to offer the people of the country then he's better of where he is.

If you have to resort to drugs in your life then your not well, there's always a way around problems, simply talking to people about your problems can sort a hell of alot of poblems in your life out.

You sir should run the HSE.
    No Pharma bills, just a nice chat over tea and cake.
    Go easy on the tea though, the comedown off the caffeine is a bitch I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

2FM may be profitable on paper but they seem to get a lot of hidden subsidy in the form of cross promotion. Below cost office/studio space. Transmission and other shared facilities.

It isn't even making that on paper profit these days, 2fm made a 1.67 million euro loss last year.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    QUOTE]
    As clever as you think you are, your right! I don't have any mates that do drugs, because they wouldn't be my mates if they did. If you have to resort to drugs in your life then your not well, there's always a way around problems, simply talking to people about your problems can sort a hell of alot of poblems in your life out. Alot of people cannot see this solution and that is where the Government should be putting more and more money into special programs e.g the samaritans instead of the blood sucking banks for to try and decrease these very serious problem. It's going to get worse in months to come with the state of the economy and people with nothing to do with their lives and getting more and more depressed with extra pressure on them. So don't try being so smart and try and make a difference. If that's all Ryan had to offer the people of the country then he's better of where he i just asked a question maybe you should join the Ryan tubridy thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

This guy should have been looking for help years a go
    (drug rehabilitation)
    He was a lier and a cheat but he got away with been a junky because rte were quite happy to take the revenue he generated for them. When he died if one questioned the circumstances you were ostracized by his fan club or voiced opinion which they didn't like, you were an asshole.
    People mention his family, he showed no Mercy to the Katy French family and what they went through and the irony of it is the dealers probably know each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

LOL at the notion that if someone is doing drugs it must be because they have some kind of "problem"

All sorts of people take (all sorts of) drugs for all sorts of reasons. The main reason for doing so however is
    (shock horror) because its (usually) fun and while Im expecting to be accused of trying to encourage impressionable young people (TM) with that statement Im doing nothing of the sort. Im just stating the blindingly obvious.
    I don't have any mates that do drugs, because they wouldn't be my mates if they did.
    Some mate you are ! You were saying something about how people should "dicsuss their problems" and in the same breath make it perfectly clear that you dont want to know. :rolleyes:

TT should join the Ryan tubridy thread

LOL at the notion that if someone is doing drugs it must be because they have some kind of "problem"

Maybe they don't when they start, but if they keep it up - at the rate described here, anyway - they soon will have.

Poor Gerry Ryan, what a piteous life he had - so sick he had to be helped to the shower in the mornings, desperately sniffing lines of coke cut with liver fluke animal medicine to get him up enough to do his job, separated from his adored children, spending evenings of empty joy with friends in a hotel, and going home to sleep alone in a flat with double-locked doors, his sleep interrupted by terrifying, aggressive texts.

Poor Gerry Ryan, what a piteous life he had - so sick he had to be helped to the shower in the mornings, desperately sniffing lines of coke cut with liver fluke animal medicine to get him up enough to do his job, separated from his adored children, spending evenings of empty joy with friends in a hotel, and going home to sleep alone in a flat with double-locked doors, his sleep interrupted by terrifying, aggressive texts.

Tough life for poor ould Gerry alright.
    Meanwhile on the other side of the world.........
    Marcia is a cocaine mule.

She has no husband but three small children, the eldest just seven, and they are her sole motivation.

Marcia doesn’t smoke, rarely drinks, has never taken cocaine and never will. That said she has a good quantity of said drug in her gut right now. It is all wrapped up in impermeable rubber and will never enter her bloodstream.

Her working day began early. She ate a sensible breakfast, one with a lot of meat that will take a long time to digest. She has dressed in her one smart outfit, put on her flat-glass glasses for respectability, and made her way to the totally unremarkable house the loading point in a back street of Banjul, the capital of The Gambia, where she swallowed the ten ‘grapes’. She inspected each grape carefully before swallowing. One ruptured grape in her stomach would be a fatal overdose of the drug.

The cocaine, the purest possible grade, is packed into a condom which is then tied in a knot making a grape-sized and shaped package. The remains of the condom is cut off and discarded. Then it goes inside another condom, in the opposite direction and the procedure is repeated making the grape doubly water-tight. Marcia has nothing to do with the packing. She just turns up at the house, swallows the usual ten grapes of cocaine, washes them down with a little water, checks her watch and heads for the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

With the big hush-up on at RTE, it raises the question, how many other coke heads are there in montrose?
    Let him without sin cast the first stone and all that...

Yes, mikom, completely true. Everyone in the drug train is in deep ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

Wow. We still cant have a grown up discussion about drugs in this country. It's Gerry Ryans fault and his fault alone that he's brown bread, he chose his lifestyle and him not being able to deal with his personal demons is on him. We all need to take a breath of fresh air and admit, Ireland is a wash with Junkie scum from both affluent and **** poor areas...were all Junkies in some way.

Shampom writes that we're all junkies in some way.

I don't agree; this is false analogy, I think - it's like the comparison between people who lied to get a mortgage (and then paid it off conscientiously) and the developers and banks with their mutual ripoffs.

We're not all junkies. A glass or two of wine at the weekend, a cup of coffee in the morning - that's in no way part of the addictive trail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Yo Buddy. You still alive?

Jonniealan wrote: »
    <snip>
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Yes we are!

Indeed!
    Hehehe.
    Think in terms of the royal we...
    Rumours about who gets what drugs from whom and the like which arent substantiated could get boards in legal trouble so we have to remove such posts.
    Anyway. Carry on.

Damn right.

On the other hand if the OP started some crap blog on crapblog.com he could always link it here, thus avoiding any headaches for boards.ie and AH Mods. So DeV said.

Just throwing that out there. :pac:

Though if it concerns the ex ball and chain then not new info to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement