Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Inquest

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

whycliff wrote: »
    I accept that, my arguement wasnt about things being legal or illegeal its about contributing to criminal gangs and then giving out about it.
    Being a hypocrite.
    All I'm saying is as jesus once said "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone".
    No one is perfect, Gerry never claimed to be either.

Aaaam, Did you ever listen to his show? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I think Irish celebrity cocaine deaths are all caused by a shadowy group of tabloid sub-editors. They lend themselves so perfectly to snappy headlines:

The French Connection
    The Ryan Lines

Look out "Charlie" Bird, that's all I'll say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

This goes a long way to explaining how a bloke being paid 600K a year could die bankrupt and owing a fortune, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Everything we do on a daily basis provides an outlet for criminal gangs.
    People smoking results in demand for counterfeit cigarettes.
    Diesel in cars results in counterfeit diesel over the border.

Gerry like us all kept his money in a bank, criminals target banks. Is he a hypocrite for that too?

I would be willing to say that there isn't one person in AH at this moment that hasnt done something that contributed to criminal gangs.

Jesus H Christ I can actually smell the sh1te coming off the above while sitting here in front of my screen.

I think you have discovered a way of transmitting smell via the web. Just concentrate it. Well done you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

mariaf24 wrote: »
    Aaaam, Did you ever listen to his show? :pac:

No I couldn't stand him. I'm a Ray Darcy man myself. He'd never touch Coke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

People smoking results in demand for counterfeit cigarettes.
    Diesel in cars results in counterfeit diesel over the border.

Gerry like us all kept his money in a bank, criminals target banks. Is he a hypocrite for that too?

I would be willing to say that there isn't one person in AH at this moment that hasnt done something that contributed to criminal gangs.

Your point is complete nonsense to be honest. He bought illegal drugs directly from criminals. Every step in the chain from start in Columbia to the end in Ryan's nose was illegal. He gave money that fuelled the murderous drugs gangs in Ireland.

And you compare this to somebody legally placing legally earned money into a legal bank? That's total idiocy.

Your point is complete nonsense to be honest. He bought illegal drugs directly from criminals. Every step in the chain from start in Columbia to the end in Ryan's nose was illegal. He gave money that fuelled the murderous drugs gangs in Ireland.

And you compare this to somebody legally placing legally earned money into a legal bank? That's total idiocy.

in your eyes it is, in my eyes its pure genius!!

Jesus H Christ I can actually smell the sh1te coming off the above while sitting here in front of my screen.

I think you have discovered a way of transmitting smell via the web. Just concentrate it. Well done you!

Thanks, i try hard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

My favourite Gerry Ryan television show was "Secrets".

I accept that, my arguement wasnt about things being legal or illegeal its about contributing to criminal gangs and then giving out about it.
    Being a hypocrite.
    All I'm saying is as jesus once said "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone".
    No one is perfect, Gerry never claimed to be either.
    Epic bull. We are not all hypocrites. Maybe you are. Ryan certainly was one, with his anti-drug sermons while he was snorting himself. Deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Explain how driving to work every day provides an outlet for criminal gangs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Slight exaggeration here but what the hell...

Anyone else more p1ssed off at having to pay a TV licence when Gerry Ryan spends his wages on coke??
    I wonder could i convince the tv licence inspector that or Do none of them work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Was just thinking there about the Katie French thing.....in the same week that happened, a couple of lads in Wexford or Waterford also died from complications of cocaine usage.
    You never heard a damn thing about these guys after the initial reports, including any inquest results and sure as hell there was nothing mentioned about anyone being arrested or jailed for supplying them with the damp coke.

Contrast that to the French episode...people doing time for differing aspects of supply and inaction leading to her death, a whole media frenzy surrounding same...and let's not forget the shock and dismay of the Irish people upon discovering that this beautiful girl was a regular cocaine user.
    No-one seemed shocked that a bunch of working class lads from some corner of the country could OD on coke, that it was probably their own fault, serves them right etc...but if it's some good looking young one from an affluent part of the Pale, then it's all evil drug barons, gangland and general hysteria.

As someone mentioned above, I can foresee a witchhunt for Gerry's dealer(s) emerging, even if the trail may have gone cold.
    I wonder if the investigative teams in RTÉwill run with this or is it sailing too close to the wind and better left to the Williams and the Sunday World...

Epic bull. We are not all hypocrites. Maybe you are. Ryan certainly was one, with his anti-drug sermons while he was snorting himself. Deal with it.

Seriously though, all my joking aside

Who gives a f*ck really if he lost the middle part of his nose from snorting it and he was left with one big nostril?

It was his life and his money to do so, why are people so obsessed with it?

Wertz wrote: »
    Was just thinking there about the Katie French thing.....in the same week that happened, a couple of lads in Wexford or Waterford also died from complications of cocaine usage.
    You never heard a damn thing about these guys after the initial reports, including any inquest results and sure as hell there was nothing mentioned about anyone being arrested or jailed for supplying them with the damp coke.

Contrast that to the French episode...people doing time for differing aspects of supply and inaction leading to her death, a whole media frenzy surrounding same...and let's not forget the shock and dismay of the Irish people upon discovering that this beautiful girl was a regular cocaine user.
    No-one seemed shocked that a bunch of working class lads from some corner of the country could OD on coke, that it was probably their own fault, serves them right etc...but if it's some good looking young one from an affluent part of the Pale, then it's all evil drug barons, gangland and general hysteria.

As someone mentioned above, I can foresee a witchhunt for Gerry's dealer(s) emerging, even if the trail may have gone cold.
    I wonder if the investigative teams in RTÉwill run with this or is it sailing too close to the wind and better left to the Williams and the Sunday World...

We were just commenting on that here at work. It is very sad that society thinks this way.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Explain how driving to work every day provides an outlet for criminal gangs.

Your going to work to pay for them on the dole.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Who gives a f*ck really if he lost the middle part of his nose from snorting it and he was left with one big nostril?

He got paid with money from OUR TV LICENCE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

and naturally someone tried to start a thread marking 3 years since "poor Katie" died

chordtype wrote: »
    He got paid with money from OUR TV LICENSE.

And the advertising. 2FM receives nothing from the licence fee. Licence fee rubbish is for a different thread though.

Because he was a hypocrite. Same as Bishop Eamonn Casey who gave speeches from the pulpit about sex and sin and how wrong sex outside marriage was, while simultaneously having a vigorous sex life himself with some other woman and having a child with her.

I don't care that he took drugs particularly (although I'd lose a degree of respect for him there straight away), but I do care when he lectures the ordinary people about the evil of drugs and criminal gangs in between his coke inhalations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

there are plenty of people who don't relate coke to "drugs" - they've fooled themselves into thinking it's harmless. So while ranting about the crims and drugs gangs - he could quite easily have believed he was outside that....

sad end one way or t'other.:(

chordtype wrote: »
    He got paid with money from OUR TV LICENSE.

Not from mine because I've never had one.

So let me get this in my head, our TV license money pays everyone in RTE's wages and that they should spend there wages on what we tell them to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

DubDani wrote: »
    He is dead, and if they are sure that he was not killed, then that's it. If I would die under the same circumstances, then there wouldn't be an inquest either.

Complete waste of taxpayers money IMO.

Coroners inquests are a common occurrence, they're by no means exclusive to celebrities.

123balltv wrote: »
    what a hypocrite :mad: giving it all that slagging people off
    on RTE they said he was stressed over the recession WHAT did he live on
    the breadline I dont think so maybe the price of coke was keeping him up at nights and stressing him out

Surprisingly enough he was said to be in financial difficulty*, the cost of an extravagant lifestyle and an expensive divorce. He may well have lost a bundle on bank shares aswell, a number of RTE people did.

*When I say 'difficulty', he obviously wasn't living on the breadline by any means, but it's all relative. If he blew alot of money, lost alot of money and then got whacked with a divorce settlement aswell, he may have found himself with very little money left despite all the years of high earnings. Not saying I feel overly sorry for him since much of it was his own fault, but it would explain his being stressed about money all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Cue media frenzy to track down supplier of cocaine that killed Gerry? (a la French Stylee)I seriously doubt it.
    Of course not - it's probably the same guy who supplies all of Montrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

At least now we know why Gerry Ryan was such good company but was always in debt. Wasn't he the last to accept the RTÉ pay cut?
    Like Katie, will be sorely missed....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    And the advertising. 2FM receives nothing from the licence fee. Licence fee rubbish is for a different thread though.

So he did all those RTE shows for free?

Because he was a hypocrite. Same as Bishop Eamonn Casey who gave speeches from the pulpit about sex and sin and how wrong sex outside marriage was, while simultaneously having a vigorous sex life himself with some other woman and having a child with her.

I don't care that he took drugs particularly (although I'd lose a degree of respect for him there straight away), but I do care when he lectures the ordinary people about the evil of drugs and criminal gangs in between his coke inhalations.

Maybe he was a hypocrite, but he was hardly going to come on the Radio Strung off his face and say he done Coke last night out of the crack of a hooker?
    I think yee should try it listeners?!
    He told his listeners what they wanted to hear, he was maybe an actor more than a hypocrite.

Not from mine because I've never had one.

So let me get this in my head, our TV license money pays everyone in RTE's wages and that they should spend there wages on what we tell them to?

No they can spend their excessive wages on whatever they like, then rub our noses in it.
    Take Gerrys autobiography for example
    "I go first class with Aer Lingus to JFK. There's a big seat, everyone's attentive and nice, I have a few drinks, and when I'm with my family, I see them enjoying the fruits of my labour...Then we get to New York and there's a limousine waiting to take us to Manhattan.

"We check into Fitzpatrick's and go upstairs to one of the suites, or as we did last year, to the penthouse...And the path is always greased. Maybe U2 are playing in Giants Stadium, and the backstage passes will be waiting for us in the Rockefeller...

"I defy anyone to say that's not a good way to travel."

Some more gems....
    I'm a great fan of property developers because I believe they turned the country around ...

These guys are really our merchant princes. I think there's been a lot of pointless tut-tutting in relation to the amount of money they've made. The likes of Sean Dunne, Harry Crosby and Johnny Ronan pulled Ireland up by its bootlaces and propelled it into the future ...

These guys rejoice in profit. And I'm not ashamed to say that I do too ...

I find myself most comfortable among those people. I also find myself the least wealthy man in the room ...

The guy I was interviewing said: "You get the horn when you're standing beside money" And I said: F***ing right I do!" ...

Bertie Ahern is, without doubt, more than any other politician in the history of the Republic, substantially responsible for the success of this country ...

Mary Harney asked me if I was interested in standing as a PD ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Irish Slaves for Europe

The level of smugness and sanctimonious preaching in this thread is truely shocking, some of you really need to get off your pedestal.

• Advertisement

The level of smugness and sanctimonious preaching in this thread is truely shocking, some of you really need to get off your pedestal.

Nice of you to join us....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement