Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Inquest

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

One of the papers is carrying the headline

''Cops will hunt Gerrys dealer''

Here we go Katy French mark two. Seems its only important to pursue drug dealers when its someone ''important'' that dies

The Sun? On the front page they also refer to a "tragic drugs death". I wonder if they or RTE will hand a job to either of the kids of that woman who froze to death by the canal the other night. Ah no, sure she was just some junkie, Gerry Ryan was a respected public figure. It'd make ya sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

I remember a documentary about cocaine use in Ireland on RTE a few years ago.
    They were tested the surfaces in toilets of pubs and clubs for traces of cocaine. When they tested the RTE toilets in Donnybrook they all turned up positive for coke.

Ah the Irony. I remember that programme, but it seemed a bit of a shill for Justine Delaney Wilson's book, which I'm sure sold multiple copies.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/rte-in-bid-to-redeem-itself-after-high-society-fiasco-1234710.html

Good ol' 2007, when the media concentrated on the important issues.

And what was the outcome of RTE's internal enquiry? Anyone? Anyone at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭nosey rosie

There was a doctor on Pat Kenny this morning, talking about how long term cocaine use affects you psychiatricically speaking - you become a megalomaniac.

It hit home with me... thinking of Gerry. I used to listen to his show, 1995 - 99 and fondly remembered him. I moved abroad so hadn't heard his show for about a decade... tuned back in from last year - and I couldn't believe the change in him. An absolute braggart, and actually I found him un-listenable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Rookster

On the 30th April last we had Gay Byrne, Pat Kenny, Joe Duffy and Dave Fanning all proclaiming to have known Gerry Ryan very well and singing his praises. However if you ask them now they will probably respond with Gerry Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Im sorry but I for one dont buy that ryan tubridy knew nothing at all of his best friends coke problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

Rookster wrote: »
    On the 30th April last we had Gay Byrne, Pat Kenny, Joe Duffy and Dave Fanning all proclaiming to have known Gerry Ryan very well and singing his praises. However if you ask them now they will probably respond with Gerry Who?

i mentioned this too - they couldn't sya enough about him, how they went on holidays, etc with him abroad. they are all sheepishly quiet now tho.

i mentioned this too - they couldn't sya enough about him, how they went on holidays, etc with him abroad. they are all sheepishly quiet now tho.

Yeah and I remember them saying specifically what great craic he was... something along the lines of.. if Gerry was going out / on a session then you'd drop everything and go along with him. HOW could someone not realise he was nipping off for a quick err "mood enhancer" ?

steddyeddy wrote: »

LOL, corrupt Gardai?! No wai!

Plenty of journalists could name a few personalities and a few Gardai they know are doing it but they value their jobs more highly than their principles so for now they'll keep reporting about inconsequential things that make it look like they're making a effort.

Ex -gardai looking the other way, bending the rules? Gerry lived on Leeson Street... the very thought!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

Yeah and I remember them saying specifically what great craic he was... ?

They forgot the word 'on'
    what great craic he was on...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Garda investigation me hole......this is just going to be "window dressing".
    Outgoing Garda Commissioner Fachtna Murphy will not give a toss about this investigation. He'll be on the Golf course in Florida by then.

The cokehead's daughter is on RTE with the latest showbiz gossip now...

amacachi wrote: »
    LOL, corrupt Gardai?! No wai!

Plenty of journalists could name a few personalities and a few Gardai they know are doing it but they value their jobs more highly than their principles so for now they'll keep reporting about inconsequential things that make it look like they're making a effort.

A guy that worked in the united nations who was based in some of the most backwater african countries told me the level of corruption amongst government and gaurds in this country will ensure we remain in poverty

A guy that worked in the united nations who was based in some of the most backwater african countries told me the level of corruption amongst government and gaurds in this country will ensure we remain in poverty

Ah here, I love how low we are on international rankings on corruption, it's fcuking hilarious.

Ah here, I love how low we are on international rankings on corruption, it's fcuking hilarious.

Well he was exageratting but ffs we are not low on levels of corruption bertie and haughey both resigned amid allegations of corruption

Well he was exageratting but ffs we are not low on levels of corruption bertie and haughey both resigned amid allegations of corruption

I'm talking about international rankings, we always do well in them for not being corrupt and I'd love to know their methodology for their figures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Rookster wrote: »
    Gerry Who?
    Celebrity is a fickle business

I'm talking about international rankings, we always do well in them for not being corrupt and I'd love to know their methodology for their figures.

Those international ranking were a joke!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

Not related to Gerry but does ask a few questions about garda relationships with drug dealers.

Sorry if already posted.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article4641780.ece

• Advertisement

Would'nt suprise me if some Gardai are dealing themselves.

baldbear wrote: »
    Not related to Gerry but does ask a few questions about garda relationships with drug dealers.

Sorry if already posted.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/ireland/article4641780.ece

That article sums it all up tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I do feel sorry for Gareth O'Callaghan. Since he has spoken out he has been receiving very threatening phone calls. For a man who is so notably quiet and keeps to himself preferring to stay in rather than go to showbiz parties, I think his colleagues are shocked that he has spoken out about the level of snorting at RTE! He said in his facebook page that he had 'quietly watched and observed' the goings on and that there are '4 high profile personalities' who indulge in Colombias finest on a very regular basis at RTE that he was going to lift the lid on. He also said that he normally gets plenty of phone calls inviting him out for drinks, to parties etc.... And since he made the revelation that he will be whistleblowing he has not had one invitation out anywhere! I wonder who the 4 regular users are????? Hardly anyone who fronted the Christmas toy show past or present? hmmmmmm trying to think of anyone in RTE who is aggressive, self-centered, over the top...................................

lukesmom wrote: »
    I do feel sorry for Gareth O'Callaghan. Since he has spoken out he has been receiving very threatening phone calls. For a man who is so notably quiet and keeps to himself preferring to stay in rather than go to showbiz parties, I think his colleagues are shocked that he has spoken out about the level of snorting at RTE! He said in his facebook page that he had 'quietly watched and observed' the goings on and that there are '4 high profile personalities' who indulge in Colombias finest on a very regular basis at RTE that he was going to lift the lid on. He also said that he normally gets plenty of phone calls inviting him out for drinks, to parties etc.... And since he made the revelation that he will be whistleblowing he has not had one invitation out anywhere! I wonder who the 4 regular users are????? Hardly anyone who fronted the Christmas toy show past or present? hmmmmmm trying to think of anyone in RTE who is aggressive, self-centered, over the top...................................

yea strange isnt it, I wonder will the invitations for those four other celecrities dry up as well when their outed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I do feel sorry for Gareth O'Callaghan. Since he has spoken out he has been receiving very threatening phone calls. For a man who is so notably quiet and keeps to himself preferring to stay in rather than go to showbiz parties, I think his colleagues are shocked that he has spoken out about the level of snorting at RTE! He said in his facebook page that he had 'quietly watched and observed' the goings on and that there are '4 high profile personalities' who indulge in Colombias finest on a very regular basis at RTE that he was going to lift the lid on. He also said that he normally gets plenty of phone calls inviting him out for drinks, to parties etc.... And since he made the revelation that he will be whistleblowing he has not had one invitation out anywhere! I wonder who the 4 regular users are????? Hardly anyone who fronted the Christmas toy show past or present? hmmmmmm trying to think of anyone in RTE who is aggressive, self-centered, over the top...................................[/
    A certain fiery female presenter springs to mind;)

I do feel sorry for Gareth O'Callaghan. Since he has spoken out he has been receiving very threatening phone calls. For a man who is so notably quiet and keeps to himself preferring to stay in rather than go to showbiz parties, I think his colleagues are shocked that he has spoken out about the level of snorting at RTE! He said in his facebook page that he had 'quietly watched and observed' the goings on and that there are '4 high profile personalities' who indulge in Colombias finest on a very regular basis at RTE that he was going to lift the lid on. He also said that he normally gets plenty of phone calls inviting him out for drinks, to parties etc.... And since he made the revelation that he will be whistleblowing he has not had one invitation out anywhere! I wonder who the 4 regular users are????? Hardly anyone who fronted the Christmas toy show past or present? hmmmmmm trying to think of anyone in RTE who is aggressive, self-centered, over the top...................................[/
    A certain fiery female presenter springs to mind;)

gotcha!

yea strange isnt it, I wonder will the invitations for those four other celecrities dry up as well when their outed

I would imagine so. Can't wait to see who it is. About time the lid was lifted on such a talentless waste of tax payers money!

I'm not so sure that RTE names will be named and shamed.

And if they were,all they'd do is deny it.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    I'm not so sure that RTE names will be named and shamed.

And if they were,all they'd do is deny it.

but It would still affect their careers unless they sued for slander, which they would do if they were really using coke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭keanooo

Pretty sad that Gay Byrne wants the whole thing swept under the rug.

I wonder if he'd feel that way if Gerry died in a car crash.

Where did he say that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement