Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Inquest

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

keanooo wrote: »
    Where did he say that?

Said which?
    That he wants it swept under the carpet? That's where actions speak louder than words.
    Or about the car crash thing? Because that's where Gay would come into his own, one of the head boys in the Road Safety Authority without ever having sat a driving test, almost sounds as easy as RTE is once you're already one of the boys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 blueblue

lukesmom wrote: »
    I do feel sorry for Gareth O'Callaghan. Since he has spoken out he has been receiving very threatening phone calls. For a man who is so notably quiet and keeps to himself preferring to stay in rather than go to showbiz parties, I think his colleagues are shocked that he has spoken out about the level of snorting at RTE! He said in his facebook page that he had 'quietly watched and observed' the goings on and that there are '4 high profile personalities' who indulge in Colombias finest on a very regular basis at RTE that he was going to lift the lid on. He also said that he normally gets plenty of phone calls inviting him out for drinks, to parties etc.... And since he made the revelation that he will be whistleblowing he has not had one invitation out anywhere! I wonder who the 4 regular users are????? Hardly anyone who fronted the Christmas toy show past or present? hmmmmmm trying to think of anyone in RTE who is aggressive, self-centered, over the top...................................[/
    A certain fiery female presenter springs to mind;)

Give us another hint...!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Well he was exageratting but ffs we are not low on levels of corruption bertie and haughey both resigned amid allegations of corruption

Indeed.

An ex-girlfriend of mine worked in St Vincents hospital as a nurse and a certain wife of a certain ex-government minister would regularly show up in her dept having had the shiit beaten out of her by her husband.

When he later "took" a girlfriend,she too would show up regularly beaten.

No names,no legal action..eh,boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

there are peope that names can be passed on to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Degsy wrote: »
    Indeed.

An ex-girlfriend of mine worked in St Vincents hospital as a nurse and a certain wife of a certain ex-government minister would regularly show up in her dept having had the shiit beaten out of her by her husband.

When he later "took" a girlfriend,she too would show up regularly beaten.

No names,no legal action..eh,boards?

I've heard that before too.

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    there are peope that names can be passed on to

Theres no need..its an open secret,much like gerry ryan's cocaine problem

Pass names onto who exactly? The one or two journalists who would have the guts to try to put the story to press and lose their jobs and not even get the story published?

We all know who these people are, we all know who other things that I don't want to mention because I value my legs, but it's all there for everyone to know, but people seem to prefer the illusion.

amacachi wrote: »
    Pass names onto who exactly? The one or two journalists who would have the guts to try to put the story to press and lose their jobs and not even get the story published?

We all know who these people are, we all know who other things that I don't want to mention because I value my legs, but it's all there for everyone to know, but people seem to prefer the illusion.

Suffice it so say certain people pulled their arses out of the firing line just before there was further "interest" in thier 'private lives'

Theres no need..its an open secret,much like gerry ryan's cocaine problem

i dont get all this

yer man liked coke ; so what he afforrded it he robbed no oner he f4cked himself no me nor you

i once came upon a fella hitting a woman on the street; that was an issue i delt with it but if i saw a gerry ryan sniffiung poweder all i'd do would be take a snap and sell it

i've done coke; it was nice i never hit a woman and i'm stern with those that have i don't get how one relates to the other

i dont get all this

yer man liked coke ; so what he afforrded it he robbed no oner he f4cked himself no me nor you

i once came upon a fella hitting a woman on the street; that was an issue i delt with it but if i saw a gerry ryan sniffiung poweder all i'd do would be take a snap and sell it

i've done coke; it was nice i never hit a woman and i'm stern with those that have i don't get how one relates to the other

Gibberish ,Son.

• Advertisement

Gibberish son.

try harder

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

try harder

But it was gibberish.

i dont get all this

If you want to type that again somewhat legibly don't let me stop you.

The rest of this post is based on what I think you were saying. I've taken drugs. Loads of people have. I'm not a scumbag, I avoid violence as much as I can. I don't condemn people for taking drugs, I condemn people for being scumbags. I know and am related to heroin addicts. Some keep to themselves and annoy no-one, others are scumbags and burglars.
    Gerry didn't need to steal to feed his habit, he just needed to sell his house to the bank and leave his family with nothing while he ate and blew a few grand a week on a bit of blow and gave out about every other drug taker. Of course his daughter just walked into a job in RTE, funny that.
    No-one here could give a **** that he was a cokehead, they care that he's part of the great media smokescreen in this country. He degraded everyone who wasn't him who took drugs, talked about them funding the Columbian guerillas when he was doing so to a much greater extent than anyone he'd be likely to meet on foot, I doubt his dealers had to get out of their car.

amacachi wrote: »
    If you want to type that again somewhat legibly don't let me stop you.

The rest of this post is based on what I think you were saying. I've taken drugs. Loads of people have. I'm not a scumbag, I avoid violence as much as I can. I don't condemn people for taking drugs, I condemn people for being scumbags. I know and am related to heroin addicts. Some keep to themselves and annoy no-one, others are scumbags and burglars.
    Gerry didn't need to steal to feed his habit, he just needed to sell his house to the bank and leave his family with nothing while he ate and blew a few grand a week on a bit of blow and gave out about every other drug taker. Of course his daughter just walked into a job in RTE, funny that.
    No-one here could give a **** that he was a cokehead, they care that he's part of the great media smokescreen in this country. He degraded everyone who wasn't him who took drugs, talked about them funding the Columbian guerillas when he was doing so to a much greater extent than anyone he'd be likely to meet on foot, I doubt his dealers had to get out of their car.

yes this is why its a strawman argument mentioning wife beating ministers and thieving druggies

i agree that the policy makers feel above the laws and they smoke while we burn but that a percieved class thing not a law thing

yes this is why its a strawman argument mentioning wife beating ministers and thieving druggies

i agree that the policy makers feel above the laws and they smoke while we burn but that a percieved class thing not a law thing
    I have a good justification against your post but I'm too drunk to verbalise it.

Hey, sure isn't alcohol legal? Sure it's grand then!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Where did he say that?

'LET GERRY REST IN PEACE' are the headlines that have been doing the rounds in the papers, complete with pictures of Gaybo and Tubo.
    They've even been pleading for him to be 'left alone' on radio broadcasts.

Pathetic.

Have to wonder why they are so keen to have the whole thing dismissed...might their noses be two of the high profile snow blowers that Callaghan was talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

i dont get all this

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

'LET GERRY REST IN PEACE' are the headlines that have been doing the rounds in the papers, complete with pictures of Gaybo and Tubo.
    They've even been pleading for him to be 'left alone' on radio broadcasts.

Pathetic.

Have to wonder why they are so keen to have the whole thing dismissed...might their noses be two of the high profile snow blowers that Callaghan was talking about?

do they not know that gerry ryan has no idea what is going on now - he's dead. so c'mon, lets get it all out in the open now - the fat cats are shaking in their shoes.

maybe Paul Williams could do a piece on it. He loves that kind of drug related story doesn't he. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

RTE said the reason Joe Duffy didn't cover this is because they got very few calls about it. Wouldn't it be great if he got loads of texts on 51551 about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

People blame journalists, but stories get spiked by editors too. Don't know if it's true, but I have been told that national papers spiked (ie didn't run) stories about the assets owned by TDs and Ministers, and where those TDs and Ministers had got the loans for those assets.

Most journalists, as individuals, can't afford the huge fees charged for Freedom of Information release of papers. Of course, an online entity might be able to do a story like this - in the way Wikileaks has done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Paparazzo wrote: »
    RTE said the reason Joe Duffy didn't cover this is because they got very few calls about it. Wouldn't it be great if he got loads of texts on 51551 about it?

I find that very hard to believe...

Paparazzo wrote: »

And everyone who texted 51551 also tweeted "Texting 51551 now about Gerry Ryan's cocaine death", so there'd be a record of the numbers texting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Come to think of it a certain presenter was showing signs of a large ego when he walked onto the toy show wearing that hideous, over the top, aggressively bright coloured Christmas jumper. He didn't spend much time showing each toy on display either, he was pretty jittery flouncing from one stand to the other and talking at quite a fast speed! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Come to think of it a certain presenter was showing signs of a large ego when he walked onto the toy show wearing that hideous, over the top, aggressively bright coloured Christmas jumper. He didn't spend much time showing each toy on display either, he was pretty jittery flouncing from one stand to the other and talking at quite a fast speed! :D:D:D:D:D
    Interesting, as a few weeks previously a high profile figure in the entertainment industry actually pointed out that the person who i think you are referring to had jittery feet? He seemed genuinely concerned that this persons feet were "Peter Panny" (slang for the condition of a cokeheads feet). He was then ridiculed by the presenter, and accused of drug taking himself! Another trait of a drug addict...defensivness!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

Interesting, as a few weeks previously a high profile figure in the entertainment industry actually pointed out that the person who i think you are referring to had jittery feet? He seemed genuinely concerned that this persons feet were "Peter Panny" (slang for the condition of a cokeheads feet). He was then ridiculed by the presenter, and accused of drug taking himself! Another trait of a drug addict...defensivness!!

McCarthyism revisited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Ooooh I wonder! My first instinct would be to think this particular person wouldn't be the type to indulge in such behaviour although one never knows! Wish I could guess who the high profile figure in the entertainment industry was who pointed this out to him.....................:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭yaynay

Ooooh I wonder! My first instinct would be to think this particular person wouldn't be the type to indulge in such behaviour although one never knows! Wish I could guess who the high profile figure in the entertainment industry was who pointed this out to him.....................:confused::confused::confused:

<snip>
    Mod: Lets leave out the speculation please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Where did he say that?

Lyric FM, last Sunday supposedly. Not that I was listening. I had enough of that codger twenty years ago.
    People blame journalists, but stories get spiked by editors too. Don't know if it's true, but I have been told that national papers spiked (ie didn't run) stories about the assets owned by TDs and Ministers, and where those TDs and Ministers had got the loans for those assets.

Most journalists, as individuals, can't afford the huge fees charged for Freedom of Information release of papers. Of course, an online entity might be able to do a story like this - in the way Wikileaks has done.

Bit off topic but –

First - Why would anyone’s private property dealings be subject to FOI? Most if not all such information is already freely available on the member’s register of interests where relevant if a hack wanted to do anything with it.

Second - FOI is part of the problem. Your average hack is far more inclined to reprint, almost verbatim, the outcome of an FOI request complied by others for them (‘great expense’ is a red herring, it isn’t actually that expensive, and it is also a far cheaper way for hacks to have their research done by others). Look for instances where papers start with ‘our investigative reporter’ and then go on to list an almost verbatim FOI release. Investigative indeed.

Thirdly – If they hacks weren’t so reliant on FOI for lazy stories they might actually go and do some ‘investigative’ reporting into the alleged goings on at RTE and elsewhere. Lots of hacks could have looked at the Gerry Ryan and RTE rumours but didn’t. Firstly because they are all in it together and secondly because some nonsense FOI story about €20 is a far easier option.

TJJP wrote: »
    Why would anyone’s private property dealings be subject to FOI? Most if not all such information is already freely available on the member’s register of interests where relevant if a hack wanted to do anything with it.

To some extent, the information on the property people hold is available on the register of members' interests. And to some extent, this is their personal business.

But if a politician is deeply in hock to a Nama'd bank, or has bought expensive property from a Nama'd developer, this surely might affect how they behave in parliament.

The register of members' interests shows the declarations the TDs and Senators have made of their property. It doesn't show the mortgages attached to these properties.

However, I brought this up as an example of the kind of stories about influential people that are spiked by editors who are part of the same group of buddies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

AntiMatter wrote: »
    McCarthyism revisited.
    takin the piss revisited perhaps?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement