Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Inquest

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

If you die outside a hospital there has to be an inquest though it's different if you've died of old age or cancer.
    You'd wonder what he did with his money he was on 500,000 a year it's madness !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

chordtype wrote: »
    So he did all those RTE shows for free?

I never suggested that. Please stop making up stories. Fact remains is RTÉ Radio 2 is not funded by the tv licence.

If you wish to continue this discussion please take it to one of the million licence fee threads

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

The level of smugness and sanctimonious preaching in this thread is truely shocking, some of you really need to get off your pedestal.

He was fond enough of it himself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The level of smugness and sanctimonious preaching in this thread is truely shocking, some of you really need to get off your pedestal.

Too bad Gerry didn't have the same outlook when talking about junkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I never suggested that. Please stop making up stories. Fact remains is RTÉ Radio 2 is not funded by the tv licence.

If you wish to continue this discussion please take it to one of the million licence fee threads

Ryan Confidential, Operation Transformation and others were all broadcasted on RTE 1.

Fact is, our tv licence money ends up in Colombia and that's fact :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

There's always something suspicious about someone who is so against a lifestyle (homosexuality, drug use) that you are not surprised when you find out they are a participant (behind closed doors or otherwise).

I don't trust those hard-line types.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

mikom wrote: »
    No they can spend their excessive wages on whatever they like, then rub our noses in it.
    Take Gerrys autobiography for example

Some more gems....

So what, thats the way he lived, and he told everyone about it.

It was a book. Why would he say I flew to New York and went to a U2 concert when he could say what he really done and sell more books.

I dont get some people. Hello he had a habit to feed?!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭macman2010

Cocaine, the rich man's aspirin was bought with your Tv licence funds, and then went on to fund criminal gangs.

I was promised this sort of thing would end when the headshops were closed down. :pac:
    This country is an asylum.

Spot on!!

mariaf24 wrote: »
    Ryan Confidential, Operation Transformation and others were all broadcasted on RTE 1.

Fact is, our tv licence money ends up in Colombia and that's fact :P

Ok, prove the "fact".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

lol

Was it not the RTÉ canteen that killed him?
    I wonder who's next??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Whats next on the Ryan Line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Irish Slaves for Europe

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Too bad Gerry didn't have the same outlook when talking about junkies.

Comments like that mean you are no better than him. Theres so many people taking delight in this story, they are nothing but hypocrites.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Look, the guy was a radio personality and any radio personality has to "play" a certain part. Some like it, some don't.

That asside the guy was a big asset to Ireland, he was a well known guy who was on the peoples side and not afraid to speak his mind.

I think it pretty sad to be posting these kind of articles here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

And some people need to decide what kind of society they want to live in, and exactly how much hypocrisy they want from public figures. Will you be lecturing us for complaining about the Catholic Church child abusers next?

"Oh, you guys are so sanctimonious, sure we've all done it...blah blah blah"

whycliff wrote: »
    Ok, prove the "fact".

TV licence pays a fraction of Ryan's wages...Ryan buys cocaine...cocaine comes from South America... = Your TV licence is contributing towards criminal activity.

Ah come on i said i was exaggerating, Loose fact not Fact fact :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

She obviously knew he used coke if she felt ground rules were required.

Copper23 wrote: »
    Look, the guy was a radio personality and any radio personality has to "play" a certain part. Some like it, some don't.

That asside the guy was a big asset to Ireland, he was a well known guy who was on the peoples side and not afraid to speak his mind.

I think it pretty sad to be posting these kind of articles here.
    Yes, let's pretend he wasn't a hard-drug using hypocrite at all. 'On the people's side'? Did you read the excerpts from his book?

On the one hand you say he has to play a certain part, then you say that he was on the people's side. Did it ever occur to you that that was part of his act?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Maybe he was a hypocrite, but he was hardly going to come on the Radio Strung off his face and say he done Coke last night out of the crack of a hooker?
    I think yee should try it listeners?!
    He told his listeners what they wanted to hear, he was maybe an actor more than a hypocrite.

No. He was a hypocrite, I don't see why you are trying to deflect criticism of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

It's not what he wrote but the way it was said, with such big-time-charlie smugness, and it was quite in-your-face stuff considering the book was released just as the country sank into rscesssion. It was a bit 'look at me little people, look how us wealthy types live, only first-class travel and a penthouse in Manhattan will do for me'. Bear in mind he's paid from public funds, imagine if a politician was openly boasting about his lavish lifestyle.

TV licence pays a fraction of Ryan's wages...Ryan buys cocaine...cocaine comes from South America... = Your TV licence is contributing towards criminal activity.

Ah come on i said i was exaggerating, Loose fact not Fact fact :pac:

Without sound pedantic, what you said is "our tv licence money ends up in Colombia and that's fact"
    nothing about contributing to criminal activity.
    Its pretty certain it contributed to criminal activity as he did buy illegal drugs, sold by a criminal.

• Advertisement

And some people need to decide what kind of society they want to live in, and exactly how much hypocrisy they want from public figures. Will you be lecturing us for complaining about the Catholic child abusers next?

"Oh, you guys are so sanctimonious, sure we've all done it...blah blah blah"

Yeah you are completely right to take my point about celebrating the misery of others, and to conclude that I'm probably pro child abuse. Thats not hyperbole, you've made a fair point, I see I've met my intellectual match in you.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

DubDani wrote: »
    Not wanting to sound mean, but why does his death require an inquest that probably costs the state quite a bit of money again?

He is dead, and if they are sure that he was not killed, then that's it. If I would die under the same circumstances, then there wouldn't be an inquest either.

Complete waste of taxpayers money IMO.

There are often inquests into deaths, be it a "celebrity" or any old Joe Soap!

Duh :confused:

Its pretty certain it contributed to criminal activity as he did buy illegal drugs, sold by a criminal.
    Agreed. Some of us think that is a bad thing.

Without sound pedantic, what you said is "our tv licence money ends up in Colombia and that's fact"
    nothing about contributing to criminal activity.

Yes and these drugs come from South America, non? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

No they can spend their excessive wages on whatever they like, then rub our noses in it.
    Take Gerrys autobiography for example

Some more gems....
    I remember on his show he was like a spokesman for property developers. Laughing at people in his office that don't have a second property, telling people they're crazy not to but at the height of the boom. Very irresponsible stuff.

It was a book. Why would he say I flew to New York and went to a U2 concert when he could say what he really done and sell more books.

I dont get some people. Hello he had a habit to feed?!
    I notice you didn't comment on gerrys comments on berthie or property developers, just the first quote

Yeah you are completely right to take my point about celebrating the misery of others, and to conclude that I'm probably pro child abuse. Thats not hyperbole or exaggeration, you've made a fair point, I see I've met my intellectual match in you.
    Who is celebrating the misery of others? Please explain. Thanks in advance.

Yes, let's pretend he wasn't a hard-drug using hypocrite at all. 'On the people's side'? Did you read the excerpts from his book?

On the one hand you say he has to play a certain part, then you say that he was on the people's side. Did it ever occur to you that that was part of his act?

All I would like to know is why you feel so passionate about the whole thing, what he do on you? does he owe you money for a deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭superelliptic

chordtype wrote: »
    If only he lived long enough for this weather. Loved a bit of the white stuff.

Im still loling...:pac:

Who is celebrating the misery of others? Please explain. Thanks in advance.

have a read of the thread, look at the glee and smugness being expressed

• Advertisement

Yes and these drugs come from South America, non? :P

Can you prove his drugs came from South America as fact?

and that the money he spent is on south america now.

No.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement