Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Inquest

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

whycliff wrote: »

Has it been proven that Cocaine was the cause of his death?

No, he actually choked on a VHS tape which he thought was a large dairymilk.
    Its true "Video killed the radio star"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I bet his ex partner is feeling like a right muppet - she really didn't know him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

mikom wrote: »
    No, he actually choked on a VHS tape which he thought was a large dairymilk.
    Its true "Video killed the radio star"

You really are wasted in AH at 3pm on a Friday. There is so much out there for you.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Personally I think if something needs to be said about someone, be them dead or alive and its warranted, then it should be said.
    Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

deelite wrote: »
    I bet his ex partner is feeling like a right muppet - she really didn't know him at all.

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I think you'll find she did, she just didn't want to incriminate herself by saying she knew he was a coke fiend. she was/is the South African Ambassador so it would look bad if she admitted she was consorting with a known coke fiend. Her stating there were 'drug rules' tacitly implies that she knew cocaine to be a problem. Why make an explicit rule otherwise.

Did she also explicitly forbid him to engage in a genocide or in uranium enrichment programmes? she knew full ****in well he was on the charlie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Can somebody explain this to me.....
    RTE.IE wrote:
    Pathologist Eamon Lean, who carried out the post mortem examination, said that Mr Ryan's heart was normal.

He said the presence of myocarditis, which is an inflammation of the heart muscle, meant Mr Ryan was at risk and that even low levels of use of cocaine could have an effect.

Coroner Brian Farrell said Mr Ryan had a significantly damaged heart, with recent cocaine usage a significant risk factor to his death.

WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

deelite wrote: »

I don't buy that. I'd say she knew exactly what he was up to. She was hardly going to stand up at the inquest and say, yes he was forever snorting coke, despite my nagging him to get his ticker checked if he was going to carry on with that sort of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Rookster wrote: »
    The girlfriend said he never took cocaine while the results showed he died from it. She must feel like a right fool.Or else she was taking through her arse.

Haven't tried that way yet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

<snip>
    Less of the rumours please folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so did the inquest fnd he went to bed at 10.45?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

She may have been his supplier, wasnt she a foreigner?

What does being foreign have to do with anything? Don't Irish people supply drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

I feel for him i reallly do - up at the crack of dawn to present a show to which he gave his whole 100% to, other public appointments, the little bit of celebrity hype that surrounded him, finalising his divorce, missing his daughter who had gone to usa, trying to keep up with the other kids and being a good da, and trying to have a social life with big wigs AND maintain a relationship on top of that - Id say the cocaine use too place first thing in the morning to get him through the day!
    His poor family must be shattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

The level of smugness and sanctimonious preaching in this thread is truely shocking, some of you really need to get off your pedestal.

Are you on bleed'n crack?

Go back to your post, and read the extracts from Ryans autobiography.
    Then you'll see some real smugness.

Then go listen to that pricks show and you'll hear some real sanctimonious preaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

BengaLover wrote: »
    I feel for him i reallly do - up at the crack of dawn to present a show to which he gave his whole 100% to, other public appointments, the little bit of celebrity hype that surrounded him, finalising his divorce, missing his daughter who had gone to usa, trying to keep up with the other kids and being a good da, and trying to have a social life with big wigs AND maintain a relationship on top of that - Id say the cocaine use too place first thing in the morning to get him through the day!
    His poor family must be shattered.

In fairness, he got paid a lot of money for that job. There's a lot of people on a lot less getting up at the crack of dawn to do a job they give 100% to.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nobby grande

She obviously knew he used coke if she felt ground rules were required.

Horsesh*t. FFS, he was a divorcee, so was she. They were middle aged, making ground rules for a relationship does not mean she was aware of his drug use. People can use drugs and interact with normal society and conduct a full relationship without the partner ever knowing.
    As for you getting high and mighty calling her out, how the f*ck do you know. She is an innocent in this and you have no right to call her a liar. Get your facts together before you label someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

What does being foreign have to do with anything? Don't Irish people supply drugs?

Wait till I go get a beer... want to enjoy this program :D

I think you'll find she did, she just didn't want to incriminate herself by saying she knew he was a coke fiend. she was/is the South African Ambassador so it would look bad if she admitted she was consorting with a known coke fiend. Her stating there were 'drug rules' tacitly implies that she knew cocaine to be a problem. Why make an explicit rule otherwise.

Did she also explicitly forbid him to engage in a genocide or in uranium enrichment programmes? she knew full ****in well he was on the charlie.

Where did you get this tripe "drug rules". You have completely made that up.
    She said ground rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Knew about his habits for years through a friend of mine who worked in RTE Radio, which is why I always rolled my eyes when he went on an anti-crime tirade on the show!

One of those not very well kept 'secrets' in Irish society that 'official' Ireland was forced to prevent from being published to the masses, who had a strange radio love affair of 20+ years with the man.

Where did you get this tripe "drug rules". You have completely made that up.
    She said ground rules.

"Earlier, Ryan’s partner Melanie Verwoerd said cocaine was never an issue and that one of the rules of their relationship was that drugs were not acceptable".

Nobby I forbid you from enslaving Laos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

ahhh gerry gerry gerry gerry.... Me mother loved ya...your an awful man....

RIP.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Folks please refrain from posting hearsay / rumours / anything that might get us sued. Please report any posts which cross the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

As I remember it, the man had a penchant for fried bacon butties (often devoured live on air), buns, cuban cigars and he made no secret of his love for brandy or champagne or a pint of stout; in other words, he liked to indulge in teh finer things.
    Add this to someone who could be physically seen to put on weight over the years and who even had his own show about losing weight and you're left with a man that was wide open to cardiac problems even at that age before you take cocaine into the equation.
    I'm no doctor or pathologist, but I have to think that cocaine was only one of a number of factors that may have contributed to his death.

Whether it did or not does not detract from evidence of it being found in his system shortly after his passing and certainly doesn't clear him of the accusations of hypocrisy levelled at him.
    I felt sorry for him and his family the day his death was announced...I still do (and quite surprisingly I miss his voice on 2FM some mornings) even though when he was about I had very little of anything good to say about the man.
    I feel just as sorry for them now, because regardless of what caused it or what he said whilst alive, he's still loved and missed by them and this truth emerging is going to hurt them even more...

"Earlier, Ryan’s partner Melanie Verwoerd said cocaine was never an issue and that one of the rules of their relationship was that drugs were not acceptable".

Nobby I forbid you from enslaving Laos.

Look mate - you'd want to get your facts straight. You come on her slandering her character and saying she was aware of his drug use. You know this how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

In fairness, he got paid a lot of money for that job. There's a lot of people on a lot less getting up at the crack of dawn to do a job they give 100% to.
    indeed

Look mate - you'd want to get your facts straight. You come on her slandering her character and saying she was aware of his drug use. You know this how?

http://www.thejournal.ie/inquest-into-gerry-ryan-death-to-be-held-today-2010-12/]

There. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Qwert1

Well if we've learned anything from Lethal Weapon 2 it's that South African ambassadors can't be trusted and they are all using their diplomatic immunity to sell coke...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/221/gerryryan.jpg
    So you wanna dance, Frank, or do you wanna sit here and have a heart attack?

Robbed from here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Apologies for the poor photoshopping skills.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement