Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Inquest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

The wording of the statement where MV says the ground rules regarding drugs etc, leaves one with the impression that drugs HAD been an issue in the past for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I didn't mind him either, didn't particularly like him though. On the other hand, he was clearly a massive hypocrite to give out about drugs and criminal gangs on one hand, and to actually be a user of drugs and a customer of those same murderous gangs on the other.

Whether he had a family or not isn't really relevant to that to be honest. It doesn't give you a free pass to do wrong.

I absoutely disagree, one can easily have a drug habit that one detests and wouldn't wish to encourage others to get involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I absoutely disagree, one can easily have a drug habit that one detests and wouldn't wish to encourage others to get involved in.

You have to be honest and say you have a problem.

You can't really be the hurler on the ditch in those circumstances. Hiding your problem and railing at others with the same problem is hypocritical, there is no empathy in such actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

So is it time to have regular blood tests for all RTE staff on 6 figure salaries?

I'd love to know what The Plank is on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Wertz wrote: »
    damn thing about these guys after the initial reports, including any inquest results

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0518/greyj.html
    An inquest in Waterford has heard that 23-year-old John Grey died from cardiac arrest after he had ingested cocaine at a house party in November 2007.

Wertz wrote: »
    and sure as hell there was nothing mentioned about anyone being arrested or jailed for supplying them with the damp coke.
    A YOUNG MAN acting as a “drugs runner” for another person has been sentenced to four years in prison for supplying cocaine to a party which led to the deaths of two Waterford men in December 2007.

Kevin Doyle, an electronics student at Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) from Viewmount, and John Grey (23) became critically ill and later died after ingesting both cocaine and ecstasy at a party in Mr Grey’s family home in the early hours of November 25th, 2007.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nobby grande

So you're saying that the above link says she knew he was doing coke and she is lying. You're as bad as the tabloids. Judge, Jury and excecutioner. She's innocent mate, no need to slag her character. But then i guess it makes you feel better about yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

stimpson wrote: »
    So is it time to have regular blood tests for all RTE staff on 6 figure salaries?

I'd love to know what The Plank is on

He's mainlining half a litre of Ronseal a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Wow, what a find! Can you say hypocrite?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,505 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No wonder he didnt want to take a pay cut with RTE ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

"You can take one drug and you can shove it up another, but I aint's have none of that mother, so slide on out and give me no bother!"

Poetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

" Coke, you're gonna be a joke"
    Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

tbh wrote: »

Reminds me of one of my favourite parts in the movie Airplane. When they show the news reports and at the end have a show called Counterpoint.."They knew the risks when they bought their tickets, I say let 'em crash"

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭dunleakelleher

So you're saying that the above link says she knew he was doing coke and she is lying. You're as bad as the tabloids. Judge, Jury and excecutioner. She's innocent mate, no need to slag her character. But then i guess it makes you feel better about yourself.

i think she probably did know he was hovering up coke, buy just lied to try protect him. . . i mean lets give the girl some level of intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

mikom wrote: »
    He's mainlining half a litre of Ronseal a day.

I heard he gets an intern to blow it up his arse with a straw while the news is on.

Allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

stovelid wrote: »
    Think about it:

Gerry was stressed about his finances.

Laying out loads of money on cocaine.

The head shops provided cheaper highs but were closed down.

Conclusion:

JOE DUFFY KILLED GERRY RYAN.

/perhaps

LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Ah lads. There's five kids without their dad this christmas...this is reminding me of that other post yesterday, about the two lads who died in the car crash...where there was much gloating till a mod eventually closed it.

Death isn't something to gloat about. No matter how it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

mikom wrote: »
    " Coke, you're gonna be a joke"
    Amen.

Well I'm laughing anyway.

Fittle wrote: »
    Ah lads. There's five kids without their dad this christmas...this is reminding me of that other post yesterday, about the two lads who died in the car crash...where there was much gloating till a mod eventually closed it.

Death isn't something to gloat about. No matter how it happens.

I don't think people are gloating about it really. This is After Hours, people make jokes. Plus most of the jokes are derived from the facts released from the inquest anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Wompa1 wrote: »
    .....jokes derived from the facts released from the inquest

Lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

He's clearly under the influence of it in this clip:

That sequence alone should have been a sackable offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nobby grande

i think she probably did know he was hovering up coke, buy just lied to try protect him. . . i mean lets give the girl some level of intelligence.

You're willing to say she is intelligent but you suspect she is a liar. You have no idea what you're talking about. If she says she doesnt think he was doing it, then take her at her word. A woman of intelligence would end the relationship if he was "hoovering" coke as you say. The guy was obviously not going that hard on it if he was in work every day talking for 5 hours to auld ones. Foooks sake i'd need coke to that for an hour. He did it like alot of other Irish people, in moderation and socially. Get off your high horse.
    At the end of the day he has died due to coke complications, she has done nothing wrong, If she says she doesnt think he was doing it, i believe her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

tbh wrote: »

Fair enough. I only mentioned I never heard too much about it after the initial story and the sunday newspaper opinion pieces that week. That such anonymous guys faded into obscurity whilst French was in the headlines for months afterwards is to be expected I suppose, at least in terms of public interest...

Fittle wrote: »
    Lovely.

Fair enough. It's not gloating anyway and the same people talking crap were talking the same crap when he was alive anyway. Death doesn't make a person free from ridicule, if it did all those subtitled Hitler videos on Youtube wouldn't be such a hit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

time for a song (one the greatest)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

He did it like alot of other Irish people, in moderation and socially.

Bit presumptuous, seeing as it killed him and he was alone when he died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

chordtype wrote: »
    Still waiting on Joe Duffy to be outed as a smackhead and a pimp.

Do RTE do mandatory drug testing of their presenters?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭purrrfect1

What I dont understand is why she is called his 'partner'? Don't you have to be living together as a couple to be called someones partner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

mike65 wrote: »
    time for a song (one the greatest)

Grandmaster Flash was on University Challenge the other night too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭nore

Media carrying 'statements' from his family and from his fancy woman. These people really do think they are important. **** off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement