Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Inquest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭dunleakelleher

You're willing to say she is intelligent but you suspect she is a liar.

Yes.
    Intelligent people have always made the best liars. . . That's why they don't get caught out. Unfortunately on this occasion she was.

To say she had on idea that he was doing coke under her nose, excuse the pun. Is calling her a fool.
    She may not have been a part of it, although that is extremely doubtful. But she certainly knew he was a frequent user.
    IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Mary Wilson discussing it now. Should be an interesting listen (I usually listen to Cooper). No mnetion of the C word yet...

[edit] There it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

latenia wrote: »
    He's clearly under the influence of it in this clip:

That sequence alone should have been a sackable offence.

Wow never seen that before.
    Classic rage fit...Use to work with a guy that freaked out like that...drugs change people.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭policeman

Oh, how we love casting stones and bricks. One thing I really hate about human nature. The one question that everyone can answer, but rarely admits is 'What's your poison?' Most people use something legal or illegal, to help them through. I am not condoning drug use, but give the guy a break. He wasn't flawless, like everyone on this planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

policeman wrote: »
    Oh, how we love casting stones and bricks. One thing I really hate about human nature. The one question that everyone can answer, but rarely admits is 'What's your poison?' Most people use something legal or illegal, to help them through. I am not condoning drug use, but give the guy a break. He wasn't flawless, like everyone on this planet.

The drug use is not the issue for me.
    It's the hypocrisy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

stimpson wrote: »
    So is it time to have regular blood tests for all RTE staff on 6 figure salaries?

I'd love to know what The Plank is on
    heard he's a divil for the auld ronseal

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nobby grande

Bit presumptuous, seeing as it killed him and he was alone when he died.

Not presumptious at all actually Peter Shallow Hawk, he was in town bar and grill til 11pm the night he died.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Who are you, the Police?

"In a statement revealed moments ago by an RTE spokesperson it has been confirmed that the recent account of Gerry Ryans death contained a spelling error, the actual cause of death has been announced as an overdose of cake. RTE would like to apologise for this error"

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

As I remember it, the man had a penchant for fried bacon butties (often devoured live on air), buns, cuban cigars and he made no secret of his love for brandy or champagne or a pint of stout; in other words, he liked to indulge in teh finer things.

while I see the point you are making. I love some of your finer things;) Garcon, Fetch me a bacon butty and a pint of stout!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭dunleakelleher

"In a statement revealed moments ago by an RTE spokes person it has been confirmed that the recent account of Gerry Ryans death contained a spelling error, the actual cause of death has been announced as an overdose of cake."
    can you imagine the size of him if he wasn't a coke head

"In a statement revealed moments ago by an RTE spokes person it has been confirmed that the recent account of Gerry Ryans death contained a spelling error, the actual cause of death has been announced as an overdose of cake."

"In a statement revealed moments ago by an RTE spokes person it has been confirmed that the recent account of Gerry Ryans death contained a spelling error, the actual cause of death has been announced as a smug overdose"

Fixed your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

"In a statement revealed moments ago by an RTE spokesperson it has been confirmed that the recent account of Gerry Ryans death contained a spelling error, the actual cause of death has been announced as an overdose of cake."

Brass_Eye_by_Liquid_Genius.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

purrrfect1 wrote: »
    What I dont understand is why she is called his 'partner'? Don't you have to be living together as a couple to be called someones partner?
    I suppose it's kind of grown up thing as being called his girlfriend is something a teenager would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chanel Coco

Bendihorse wrote: »
    Any Surprises in there?
    Gerry Ryan was a complete hypocrite taking cocaine and then preaching to the nation about drug pushers etc and he was the very one supporting 'gang land killing' for a better word. So disappointed as I really really enjoyed his show.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

enda1 wrote: »
    There's always something suspicious about someone who is so against a lifestyle (homosexuality, drug use) that you are not surprised when you find out they are a participant (behind closed doors or otherwise).

I don't trust those hard-line types.

Homosexuality is not a lifestyle,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

enda1 wrote: »
    There's always something suspicious about someone who is so against a lifestyle (homosexuality, drug use) that you are not surprised when you find out they are a participant (behind closed doors or otherwise).

I don't trust those hard-line types.

You are comparing homosexuals to drug addicts? lol

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

(homosexuality, drug use)
    Minstrel27 wrote: »

*pulls up chair and popcorn*

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

But de homos, they do have cravins fer de kock joe

mikom wrote: »
    He's mainlining half a litre of Ronseal a day.
    didnt spot this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I have to agree that he was being so hypocritical with his drug use, does he enter into the scummer world now ? after all his cocaine comes from the same people who terrorize our cities and towns.Wonder what his old mate p willy has to say about this ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"Why did Gerry Ryan choose the path of self-destruction"

Sunday Independent pages 1-5, 7/8, 12 etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You are comparing homosexuals to drug addicts?

Both are taboo in society. You don't see many politicians admitting to either of these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

The Ryan 'Line' indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭policeman

mikom wrote: »
    The drug use is not the issue for me.
    It's the hypocrisy.

Taking a stance against something you do in secret, is usually a type of self-loathing projection. He's really talking to himself. It may appear as hypocrisy but it's not as simplistic as that. I studied psychology, so I should know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

tuxy wrote: »
    Both are taboo in society. You don't see many politicians admitting to either of these things.

That's not the point that was being made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I studied psychology, so I should know.

A policeman who studied psychology? Holy shit, are you Cracker? :eek:

A policeman who studied psychology? Holy shit, are you Cracker? :eek:

How festive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Gay Byrne was with him that night....

okay lovely coke, lovely coke, ya what gay? Looovely coke!

• Advertisement

Jayob10 wrote: »
    okay lovely coke, lovely coke, ya what gay? Looovely coke!

Roll it there Collette.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement