Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan Inquest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Hmmmm. While Twitter's alive with Gerry Ryan comments, Irish celebrity twitter users fall quiet. Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

The Ryan Line is snorted, I mean open, I mean closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Jayob10 wrote: »
    okay lovely coke, lovely coke, ya what gay? Looovely coke!

line of coke for everyone in the audience! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭oisindoyle

tuxy wrote: »
    Both are taboo in society. You don't see many politicians admitting to either of these things.

Eh what year are you living in ?Since when is homosexuality taboo in society ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Still waiting for @miriamOCal and @tubridyTweets?

Here's a song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVWtLx8ax9k

Gerry Ryan Rapping About Drugs

Thank God it wasn't the sausages and rashers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

oisindoyle wrote: »

2010 unfortunately, how many gay Irish politicians can you name?
    I can only think of one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Those church buildings cast awfully long shadows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Also how often have you have seen men holding hands while walking down a street in an Irish town?
    I don't know how you could argue that it's not taboo in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭policeman

A policeman who studied psychology? Holy shit, are you Cracker? :eek:

No it just means I can look at it in a slightly more intelligent way, and don't feel the need to make unfunny jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

policeman wrote: »
    No it just means I can look at it in a slightly more intelligent way, and don't feel the need to make unfunny jokes.

Self praise, no praise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭policeman

mikom wrote: »
    Self praise, no praise.

Yeah, whatever, cliches, etc. but it is true.

Yeah, whatever, cliches, etc. but it is true.

*Millhouse voice* "My mom thinks I'm cool"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

I don't know how you could argue that it's not taboo in this country.

What I find stranger is that he seems to be suggesting it is neither nor was it ever a taboo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yea, i was suprised he died from cocaine.

But with the family troubles and financial ones he had, its perhaps not so suprising.

I liked Gerry on the radio - he did a little to much of the lecturing the masses sometimes but he will be missed.

He will be missed in the next few weeks when at christmas every year he would get in a cooking expert to talk about cooking a turkey and go through it.

What would happen without fail is that gerry would spend 99 percent of the time telling the expert how he cooks his! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

DubDani wrote: »
    Not wanting to sound mean, but why does his death require an inquest that probably costs the state quite a bit of money again?

He is dead, and if they are sure that he was not killed, then that's it. If I would die under the same circumstances, then there wouldn't be an inquest either.

Complete waste of taxpayers money IMO.

There are inquests into deaths every day, the length and breadth of the country when someone dies suddenly and usually when the guards are involved. It's just because its someone famous that we're hearing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I can only think of one.

You're right, I think Jackie Healy-Rae is the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I can only think of one.

Enda Kenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

gerry the coke fiend?! when already under stress, surprising he didn't opt to fight fire with water instead n just smoke some herb. but it seems gerry fuelled that fire.. i trust it was 'misadventure' then a once-off foray into a seedy world cos if gerry's appetite for coke rivalled his appetite for food then it woulda been like, nomomnomnomnom. coke is horrendous stuff and sadly a social norm, atypically amongst the 'elite' i'll put down his obnoxious personality traits to maybe having been under the influence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

You're right, I think Jackie Healy-Rae is the only one.

He's not gay! He only ever shags female farm animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I hear Tubridy sometimes has a third glass of chardonnay on a night out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Taking a stance against something you do in secret, is usually a type of self-loathing projection. He's really talking to himself. It may appear as hypocrisy but it's not as simplistic as that. I studied psychology, so I should know.
    This is known as an 'appeal to authority.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Taking a stance against something you do in secret, is usually a type of self-loathing projection. He's really talking to himself. It may appear as hypocrisy but it's not as simplistic as that. I studied psychology, so I should know.

Watching Dr. Phil is not studying psychology. What you've come out with there is the worst of pop psychology tripe and nonsense. Ryan spouted a right wing anti drug agenda because it kept him at the top of the radio earnings because more sheep tuned in to hjs rantings than anywhere else. Giveme a break he did coke because he was gauche and nouveau as were his friends. Doing coke was the most gauche nouveau thing a person could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

it'snice to hear the bedgrudgers and whingers and cheap talk artists are still alive and well, agreed he was overpaid and overhyped but that's not his fault, Gerry was v good at what he did and was lucky to do it, he knew that too as for the coke thing, the whole bloody country was/is doing coke so lets keep it realistic, no need to put the guy down< he's unable to defend himself and he would rip most of ye to shreds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Poly wrote: »
    I hear Tubridy sometimes has a third glass of chardonnay on a night out.

Its terrible the way its made him such a scuttery, skinny thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

mikom wrote: »
    No, he actually choked on a VHS tape which he thought was a large dairymilk.
    Its true "Video killed the radio star"

f*ckin munchies :D

mox54 wrote: »
    the whole bloody country was/is doing coke so lets keep it realistic,

Bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

snorting lines in donnybrook!
    pulling the trigger in finglas!

Gerry Ryan = hypocrite

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Gucky wrote: »
    I didnt mind Gerry Ryan at all.
    I understand some folk found him irritating etc, but personally I really enjoyed listening to his shows, and I really felt like I had 'company' for 3 hours a day when he was on air whilst I was on the road with work.

I couldnt give 2 hoots as to what they found in his system, cocaine or otherwise! At the end of the day, there are a few children who will be without a father at Christmas this year!

May he R.I.P

i agree he was a legend ,one thing just came to mind will they try find his supplier like they did with that model girl Kathy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

At least he's with his career now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 slainte1

Watching Dr. Phil is not studying psychology. What you've come out with there is the worst of pop psychology tripe and nonsense. Ryan spouted a right wing anti drug agenda because it kept him at the top of the radio earnings because more sheep tuned in to hjs rantings than anywhere else. Giveme a break he did coke because he was gauche and nouveau as were his friends. Doing coke was the most gauche nouveau thing a person could do.
    Very true!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement