Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record shops

Options
  • 10-12-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Apart from HMV, is there any other record shops in Dundalk now? There used to be a good few over the years. The internet seems to have finished them all off, as it,s doing to Video Rental shops too. Just wondered about this as I downloaded an Album from the Net!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

CD World at the LongWalk

Xtra-Vision have a range of CD's as does Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Smokecloak

Thanks Dunny. I was,nt looking for a racord shop as such, just pointing out the fact that they,r dying out fast everywhere, not just in Dundalk. If you can buy any music you want on the net, or rent any film, why go to these shops now. And of course, they never have what you want anyway! The video/music shops are going out of buisness on a hugh scale worldwide, and saying the internet is to blame. Look what happened to the telephone box, when the mobile phone got going. Same thing. When the internet really gets going, will we need any shops????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

Smokecloak wrote: »
    When the internet really gets going, will we need any shops????

Of course we will.....to try on stuff before we buy it online....;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Smokecloak

lol, I like that. Try it on in a shop, and then buy it online? Nice. anyway, this only applies to one product, Clothes. And you can buy online, and try on, and send them back if they,r not right. Still need the shop? I buy all cd,s and vids of Amazon and Itunes. Unlike the shop, they always have what you want, no matter what it is. 2-3 day later it,s at the door.

Advertisement