Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Astra radio code...help me please!

• 10-12-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I changed the battery in my 02 Astra, so the radio when to safe mode as expected. I have the code but cant get it out of safe mode. Here's what I did:

Turned on engine.
    Held down 'AS' button and turned on radio while holding down 'AS' button.
    At this point I should be hearing a beep and 4 lines appear - not happening.

All I can see if ''7 SAFE"

I'm really getting **** sick of singing to myself all the way home from work in the evenings so please please help if you can. (I'm a really really bad singer...)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Check the documents in the glove box. If it's not there call the dealership that sold it (they should have the code).

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

quad_red wrote: »
    Check the documents in the glove box. If it's not there call the dealership that sold it (they should have the code).

As I said, I actually have the code. It's entering it is the problem.
    The instructions I mentioned above are what it says in the manual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭sean_d

You'll need to leave the engine running for a while, before it'll let you input the code. Each time it's been entered (7) the time you have to wait increases. When the correct time has elapsed, the screen will change to CODE. It could be an hour or more, so you'll have more singing to yourself to do in the meantime ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Aha, sorry.

Safe 7 means you have seven attempts left.

Have you tried using the number buttons to select a code space to enter on?

From google:

1. turn ignition on (dash warning lights on)
    2. If radio turned on, turn it off.
    3. Press AS button in, and hold it in while turning radio on.
    4. Wait approx 10 seconds (do not release AS button).
    5. Radio should beep, and display should now read 10 - - - - (assuming no tries have been made in the past with the wrong code)
    6. use pre-set button "1" to scroll the first digit in the display to the number you want (it goes 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 then back to 0)
    7. Use pre-set "2" for second digit, etc.
    8. Once display reads 10 followed by the four digit security code press and hold AS button for about 10 seconds, until the radio beeps.
    9. If correct code entered display will now read "code" briefly, followed by"memory-U" briefly, then radio will reprogram it self.
    10. If radio goes back to "safe" the code number is incorrect, or you mis-keyed it.

Note: entering the code incorrectly 10 times will render the radio useless.
    After the first 3 tries you need to leave the radio on and the ignition on for increasingly long periods of time before it will let you try again. 7 safe need you to wait at least 30 mins, and more like 1 hour.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_put_your_code_into_your_radio_on_your_Vauxhall_if_it_is_in_safe_mode#ixzz17iYCJVrL

sean_d wrote: »
    You'll need to leave the engine running for a while, before it'll let you input the code. Each time it's been entered (7) the time you have to wait increases. When the correct time has elapsed, the screen will change to CODE. It could be an hour or more, so you'll have more singing to yourself to do in the meantime ;)

Mother of god!! So that means I only have 3 attempts left. ok, should take me an hour to get home this evening....

Better go make up a playlist of songs to sing.:eek:

• Advertisement

quad_red wrote: »
    Aha, sorry.

Safe 7 means you have seven attempts left.

Have you tried using the number buttons to select a code space to enter on?

From google:

1. turn ignition on (dash warning lights on)
    2. If radio turned on, turn it off.
    3. Press AS button in, and hold it in while turning radio on.
    4. Wait approx 10 seconds (do not release AS button).
    5. Radio should beep, and display should now read 10 - - - - (assuming no tries have been made in the past with the wrong code)
    6. use pre-set button "1" to scroll the first digit in the display to the number you want (it goes 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 then back to 0)
    7. Use pre-set "2" for second digit, etc.
    8. Once display reads 10 followed by the four digit security code press and hold AS button for about 10 seconds, until the radio beeps.
    9. If correct code entered display will now read "code" briefly, followed by"memory-U" briefly, then radio will reprogram it self.
    10. If radio goes back to "safe" the code number is incorrect, or you mis-keyed it.

Note: entering the code incorrectly 10 times will render the radio useless.
    After the first 3 tries you need to leave the radio on and the ignition on for increasingly long periods of time before it will let you try again. 7 safe need you to wait at least 30 mins, and more like 1 hour.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_put_your_code_into_your_radio_on_your_Vauxhall_if_it_is_in_safe_mode#ixzz17iYCJVrL

Ah you are a legend.......as I said to sean_d I'll try this after I drive home tonight....thanks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭sean_d

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Mother of god!! So that means I only have 3 attempts left. ok, should take me an hour to get home this evening....

Better go make up a playlist of songs to sing.:eek:

Per quad's post, I may have my 7 attempts left and 7 attempts used backways, but the bit about having to give it running time holds.
    Happy singing.

Advertisement