Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dewalt Impact Wrench

• 10-12-2010 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭

Not sure was this the right area but seen as there is a lot of mechanics and people handy with tools i felt it would be.

Im buying a cordless impact wrench but undecided on which size would be best. The work it would see is mainly mechanics work and diesal mechanics work.

Im undecided between the big DC800KL 36 volt one or the smaller DC810KL 28volt one.

The 36v one has a max of 440nm while the 28v has a max of 215nm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

i was thinkin of buying one but am going to get impact driver now. i would go with the DW059K2 its 18v and delivers 418nm was pricing it and think it was costing 400inc vat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

That one sounds like it suits perfect. Not a big chunky 36v but has near the same power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

I have a 24V Wurth one, gets used a lot, very handy tool. Shifts Land Rover wheel nuts no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Get the Snap-On one, it won't be beaten, we've had them all here in the garage over the years(Sealey, Wurth, Makita, DeWalt, Ingorsoll Rand) and the Snap-On one is the only one which stands out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I used a snap-on one to loosen a truck wheel (27 mm head). It was pretty impressive.

Not sure if I could justify the 700 asking price.

As a rule they tend to be quite bulky compared to it air counterpart

• Advertisement
Advertisement