Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tied into a contract but never received Service

Options
  • 10-12-2010 3:09pm

I recently moved into a house and was looking to get a broadband package . I called eircom and gave them my address.
    I was told that they are unable to tell me if i can get broadband, i would need to get a line installed. So i went with this. He proceeded to tell me the cost of the installation of the line is 121.00. I told him that i was not going to pay that as there is an existing line already in the premises and he told me that this is ok all i wanted was broadband and not phone. He said ok I wont be charged.
    The line gets activated and i call up to order the broadband . I am told i can get the next Generation Broadband 8 meg . Great i will order that .

A week goes by i call up to find out what the status of the order is . I was told that my 1/2 a meg broadband is in process of being installed .

I questioned this 1/2 a meg broadband and i was told all my line could take was 1/2 a meg.

So i said this is not the broadband i was looking for so i need to Terminate this . Which was done .

Basically what happened next was a joke. I actually typed out transcripts about what happened. But i had a screaming match with a manager . Its my first and only time that i have shouted with somebody over the phone .

She wouldn't give a name and told me that the charge stands. (i got her name later)

I called again spoke to another girl ( i have her name ) I have her quoted in saying.

If somebody enter's into a contract with Eircom and Eircom are unable to deliever the service. The charge still stands.

She said this 3 times, she also told me to pay this bill and start worrying as i should be getting another bill for 250 in the post ?????

I was disgusted with how i was treated and i was disgusted with myself that i allowed myself to get angry.

But is this true , if eircom take an order and you are unable to deliver the service is the customer still liable for the service ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I recently moved into a house and was looking to get a broadband package . I called eircom and gave them my address.
    I was told that they are unable to tell me if i can get broadband, i would need to get a line installed. So i went with this. He proceeded to tell me the cost of the installation of the line is 121.00. I told him that i was not going to pay that as there is an existing line already in the premises and he told me that this is ok all i wanted was broadband and not phone. He said ok I wont be charged.
    The line gets activated and i call up to order the broadband . I am told i can get the next Generation Broadband 8 meg . Great i will order that .

A week goes by i call up to find out what the status of the order is . I was told that my 1/2 a meg broadband is in process of being installed .

I questioned this 1/2 a meg broadband and i was told all my line could take was 1/2 a meg.

So i said this is not the broadband i was looking for so i need to Terminate this . Which was done .

Basically what happened next was a joke. I actually typed out transcripts about what happened. But i had a screaming match with a manager . Its my first and only time that i have shouted with somebody over the phone .

She wouldn't give a name and told me that the charge stands. (i got her name later)

I called again spoke to another girl ( i have her name ) I have her quoted in saying.

If somebody enter's into a contract with Eircom and Eircom are unable to deliever the service. The charge still stands.

She said this 3 times, she also told me to pay this bill and start worrying as i should be getting another bill for 250 in the post ?????

I was disgusted with how i was treated and i was disgusted with myself that i allowed myself to get angry.

But is this true , if eircom take an order and you are unable to deliver the service is the customer still liable for the service ?

Hi Dre as in Dray,

Can you private message me with your eircom account number and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

Just a follow up on this. I have now received a solicitors letter from Eircom chasing me for an amount of 73.08 .

This is on top of the 55.73 that i paid for my 10 days with an eircom phone line.

Eircom were unable to provide the service i asked for you got 55.73 out of me for 2 months line rental.

Just also to point out , i have not signed the agreement that was sent in the post.

I will PM you my account number so you can take a look.

Just a follow up on this. I have now received a solicitors letter from Eircom chasing me for an amount of 73.08 .

This is on top of the 55.73 that i paid for my 10 days with an eircom phone line.

Eircom were unable to provide the service i asked for you got 55.73 out of me for 2 months line rental.

Just also to point out , i have not signed the agreement that was sent in the post.

Hi Dre as in Dray,

I have gotten your PM with the account number I will check it out and get back to you next week.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Dre as in Dray

I sent yoou a PM regarding your query.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement