Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish American survey

Options
  • 10-12-2010 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I want to survey people in all parts of the states fairly quickly..... Where can I go to contact them online, as I obviously wont have email addresses for them? Thanks for your help in advance!

(I am looking at pittsburgh and kansas in particular)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You need to provide more details about your target market in the States, as there are approximately 310,883,955 people according to the US Census Bureau. What are your population parameters; i.e., what are the characteristics of the customers you are trying to survey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Newbedshop.com - Authorised Merchant

You need to provide more details about your target market in the States, as there are approximately 310,883,955 people according to the US Census Bureau. What are your population parameters; i.e., what are the characteristics of the customers you are trying to survey?
    I want to survey 35 yr olds plus rgarding what they would like from an Irish story telling website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Contact local Irish clubs, GAA etc and ask them to forward your survey?

Thanks for that suggestion silja!

anyone else got any good tips?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I would consider contacting local news companies in the areas. Thinking about it, you want to draw people over 35 to do an online survey for a website. So what do the majority of over 35s do online? I would assume most would look at daily or weekly news so that would be a good place to start.

As Silja said, Irish clubs are a good lead, there's usually a few companies set up to accommodate Irish people in the area, they would be helpful to get in touch with and usually have a large Irish client list.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Market Research is bound to be done by professional firms. You could probably try doing the work yourself for your own business but ultimately it may be more cost effective to outsource.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I want to survey 35 yr olds plus rgarding what they would like from an Irish story telling website

You might want to consult with one of the top 5 university creative writing programmes in the United States:
    http://www.humanities.uci.edu/english/programs/cw_mfa.php

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭cheesehead

You could possibly get in touch with Niall O'Dowd (founder of Irish-American website IrishCentral and Irish-American newspaper Irish Voice)

His website, in conjuction with Amarach Research, Ireland's premier market research company,
    just conducted a survey of Irish Americans and the results were announced earlier this week. See linked article.

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/news/periscope/thousands-respond-to-irish-central-poll-on-attitudes-to-heritage-ireland-111833064.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Might want to check into this group in the Pittsburgh region.
    http://www.pittsburghirish.org/

• Advertisement
Advertisement