Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stapolin Party Shop - on-line irish shop

Options
  • 10-12-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

I ordered 3 halloween costumes from this site (www.stapolinpartyshop.com) on 18th October after being assured that they would arrive in time for Halloween. I also purchased from here as it claims to be an irish site so i thought delivery times would be low.

All communication was prompt before my order but afterwards replies went from a few hours to waiting a few days. Needless to say the costumes never arrived in time for halloween (Sunday) so i contacted Eoin (owner) by email because there is no phone number listed and he said he was very sorry and a full refund would be issued but there were delays because deliveries were coming from England, no mention of this on site.

Anyway i got the note from an post on the Monday saying to call to the depot within 3 days to collect my package or it would be returned to sender so i just let it bounce back.

I then got no response from Eoin (after numerous emails) until 17th November when he said: "I just wanted to let you know that I have not forgotten about you and will be doing your refund soon." along with some spiel about having money problems etc etc.

So since then i've heard nothing. He won't reply to my emails yet he's <MODEDIT> taken €150 of my hard earned! So i guess this is a warning to avoid this business along with a query about how best to proceed? I paid with laser card. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Laser is effectively cash, so no help there. If he doesn't process the refund then your only choice will be to use the small claims court. If he's having money issues, then even that may not help. The court will simply order the shop to refund the money, but if there is no money, then you won't get it.

Advertisement