Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Program Russound UNO-S2 Keypads (without PC Tools) for Idiots

• 10-12-2010 4:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Hoping some installers can help here i've been trying to program my UNO-S2 keys to control my source equipment by the keypads but i've hit a brick wall (really struggling) i've read the manual so many times now i see it in my sleep :D

I can can the source names, button names (play, stop, etc) but when i press the buttons they do nothing.

I can copy and paste posts to make a guide for future reference in case others have the same problem.

At the moment im using the SRC2 remote, but ive only 1 remote and its a bit of a pain having to carry it around.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

Pm me your email address and I will sort you out with the software..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭torrestorres

knx wrote: »
    Pm me your email address and I will sort you out with the software..

Hi knx, thats very much for the offer, but i actually downloaded the software from russound.com this morning, i never knew you could do that :(, i thought it had to be paid for.

Maybe as its an oldish system, they are letting the software go for free.

So if anyone is looking for the software, go to russound.com and register as a installer and go to the downloads and documents section.

I suppose it should be pretty easy now to program the keypads knx with the software yeah?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

It should certainly be easier. I have never actually used the keypads to program a system. The process was explained to me at one stage and sounded like a right pain in the hole. Do you not have to plug one keypad directly into the front of the controller to program the entire system or something like that. Also you need to have the right ir commands programmed in for your equipment. If it is not listed in the software then it has to be learned..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭torrestorres

Got a usb to serial cable and programmed the keypads using PC Power Tools :), worked a treat all sources are all changed to there correct name (eg Sky+ HD,XBOX360, etc) and i can navigate throught he menus in on sky using the keypads, it took a few times to get the hang of it but got there in the end.

The "Write to Device" in tools was what was getting me, didn't know i had to do that, having a button on the page would be more user friendly, glad i got it all sorted now, system is sooooo much user friendly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rnaval

I've also got a need to re-program my Russound CAV6.6 system.

Similar to what you did, just downloaded the software from Russound but need to figure out what type of a cable is needed (I've got UNO-S2 keypads). Can you help with some guidance on what to do next, some quick tips? It will be very helpful. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@maval,

Hi and welcome to Boards and the Home Entertainment Forums.

The thread you've just posted on is about 18months old - resurrecting very old threads is not advised, please feel free to open a new thread with your query.

Also note the word "Banned" under the name of the user to whom you addressed your question - as they are banned from the HE Forums, they won't see the thread or your query.

I'm closing this thread, as I've said, please feel free to open a new thread for your question.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement