Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backing up my voicemails

Options
  • 10-12-2010 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi - any tips on backing up voicemails - O2 keeps deleting them after a week. I use a blackberry.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BizAngel

I saw a co advertised on DoneDeal
    www.recordmycall.ie
    I used it yesterday to back up an O2 voicemail I had and it worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Somnia

Thanks - I just used them, and it did the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

would you consider using another phone for backing up?

My old nokia could record calls to a microSD card as .amr files which could be played back on the phone or a pc (using vlc or real player)

If you hae an old phone lying about, this could be a cheap option as it saves on call charges to recordmycall. I also don't know how much I'd like some company maybe having access to my recordings etc.

It was a nokia 6300 i used to record calls. It was an option on the in-call menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Somnia

Good suggetion but I'm a one phone guy, and I just wanted a simple solution. I'm amazed that the phone co's don't have this capability out of the box. Regarding having a company maybe having access to recordings, I'd considered that, but was able to delete it from their (recordmycall) system using their phone menu options once I got the email.
    Thx again for suggestion.

Advertisement