Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Shotty

Options
  • 10-12-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Came accross this :

shotty.jpg

and thought it interesting.

It's a C. Boswell Model A & D Cross Eyes

Manufactured in Feb 1913, Cross Eyes model is made for right handed shooters with a left dominant eye.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Came accross this :

shotty.jpg

and thought it interesting.

It's a C. Boswell Model A & D Cross Eyes

Manufactured in Feb 1913, Cross Eyes model is made for right handed shooters with a left dominant eye.

haha cool.. were many sold ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

No idea came upon it on an american site for sale.

would love to handle, it just to see ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

So that's what happens when you get over zealous about moisture in the gun safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

thats what happens when your right handed and lose your right eye or are left eye domminant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Thats what happens when you miss the 3rd pheasy of the day and bounce it off your mate!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I like the leather case for it, very nice indeed, Would like
    to be able to buy something similar. Handy for transporting a shotgun broken in a car with a very small boot so you dont have to try squeeze in a full sized hard case.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

it's called a leg
    of mutton gun case you might find one on ebay ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I've had something similar in my hands a while ago. The owner had indeed lost his right eye and had a similar stock made for his gun. It's extremely strange in handling to say the least but at least the man is still shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

I'm right handed but only the left eye is any good so I have always shot all long guns left handed while I shoot pistol right handed, use a right hand holster etc.

Doesn't feel weird or anything.

Would many right handed people have trouble shooting off the left shoulder if left eye dominant or vice versa?

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

bullets wrote: »
    I like the leather case for it, very nice indeed, Would like
    to be able to buy something similar. Handy for transporting a shotgun broken in a car with a very small boot so you dont have to try squeeze in a full sized hard case.

~B

Iv'e got one that's old,I used to use it for an old sprong (side by side) that I had, you could throw the case down hard and nothing would happen to the sprong,the stiching on this case is a work of art.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/9097/20101213muttoncase0010m.jpg
    http://img46.imageshack.us/img46
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4312/20101213muttoncase0012m.jpg
    http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/741/20101213muttoncase0014m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Glensman

Yeah my dad has one of those too, he used to use it for taking the gun in the car to go shooting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Crossover stocks - I should use one but will not, as I think that they are horrid ugly things. I’ve tried one, they do work, but I prefer an ordinary one and close one eye. If you are not looking for an Xover, you see them all the time and at good value prices. When you look for one, it always is expensive.
    That one would be well made, the give-away sign for a quality one is the way the inletting is done around the top tang, which should also be bent in line with the turn of the stock at the wrist.

Leg-of-mutton – dead handy for a gun going to a shoot, but a sleeve is handiest for travel while there – it is a PITA to break down the gun each time you need to drive to another bit of terrain.
    Rs
    P.

Advertisement