Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zend PHP Certification & Oracle MySQL Certs

Options
  • 10-12-2010 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Rather than drag up an old thread with little information on it, I decided I'd start a new one.

I've been working with PHP & MySQL for a few years now, so I reckon it can't hurt to get certified on stuff that you already know. One more thing to stick on the CV and so forth.

I wouldn't be a PHP guru by any stretch - not totally up on the use of classes (I understand the concepts and syntax, just too lazy to use them most of the time), security would be a weak point and I haven't used a lot of the PEAR libraries.

If I was to research and practice the topics one-by-one listed on the exam website:
    http://www.zend.com/services/certification/php-5-certification/
    would that be enough? I probably know 75% of the topics there to a relatively high level.
    There is a book, but the reviews are crap.

Oracle likewise have two exams for MySQL Developer and another two for DBA, and they too have the topics listed - same question again, would you pass it by researching the exam topics online?

Any other advice is always appreciated.

Advertisement