Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing of threads in After Hours

Options
  • 10-12-2010 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I have noticed lately that some threads have been closed pre-maturely. For example I started a thread there about which shops do people see open on Christmas Day.

A mod closed it after 6 replies, saying that petrol stations are open on Christmas Day. But I didn't ask what shops are open on Christmas Day, or that i wanted anything on Christmas Day. I wanted people to tell if they saw shops open on Christmas Day, and if so which ones, as it is an unusual occurrence to see a shop open on Christmas Day.

EDIT: Look at the mods profile and he has closed 11 threads over the past 2 days, 3/4 quiet pointlessly.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Sounds like its more suited to regional forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

CorkMan wrote: »
    EDIT: Look at the mods profile and he has closed 11 threads over the past 2 days, 3/4 quiet pointlessly.

Sometimes that's the best way to close pointless threads.

Without giving at least one example it's hard to know what you're talking about. I frequent AH quite a bit and haven't seen any threads closed for no good reason in a while by a "he" mod.

Have you contacted the mod in question?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

had you tried the christmas forum for all things christmas?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1295

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

The mods name is Micky Dolenz. I have nothing wrong with modding, but I think it is a bit excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Some times no amount of moving threads will help people realise a thread should be in a different forum, give it a nudge over with a redirect and then other people can see where its best home is. Other times a lock is needed, especially if many threads of a similar topic are getting created and people don't bother using the correct forums.

I don't know what thread you're talking about but it seems region specific or for the christmas forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

CorkMan wrote: »
    The mods name is Micky Dolenz. I have nothing wrong with modding, but I think it is a bit excessive.

I had a look at the last 6 pages of AH, few threads were closed because they should have been posted in the Dublin forum and the OP's question was answered anyhow, there were a couple of duplicate threads about some Irish guy being interviewed in the States, you had a thread giving out about soccer mods that should have gone to HelpDesk and there were a couple of trolling threads etc.

It's the usual crap that gets posted in AH and needs to be cleaned up, couldn't see any thread that was closed when it shouldn't have been by Micky Dolenz, his moderation of AH has come on leaps and bounds over the last few months.

Maybe next time if you feel a thread shouldn't have been closed you could PM a mod and have a chat about it, that's what they're there for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'd hazard a guess that if your threads are closed, it's generally because they're shit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

stovelid wrote: »
    I'd hazard a guess that if your threads are closed, it's generally because they're shit?

Be prepared to have OP following you around now commenting on every thread you make :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Be prepared to have OP following you around now commenting on every thread you make :rolleyes:

I'm terrified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

stovelid wrote: »
    I'm terrified.

You should be, it's a truly horrible experience to have him post in the same thread as me tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Doco, I know you love my posts/threads, as visible by the other topics and the multiple posts in this topic alone, but please stop following my tail.

*shudders at thoughts of posting so much in so little time* But don't worry, all you have to do is open the curtain and "see the light".

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    You should be, it's a truly horrible experience to have him post in the same thread as me tbh.

It must be a lovely experience, ecstatic maybe, as your are posting in the majority of mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

insp_sexual_tension.jpg

Advertisement