Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80,000 ATM cards skimmed

Options
  • 10-12-2010 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

I received a new card from my bank about 14 days ago and used it in only one ATM ( The one beside the IMC cinema in Dun Laoghaire) My card was skimmed and a person in Peru tried to access €450 but it was rejected as i used it 3 minutes prior in Dublin.

I have just been told that 80,000 people in the Dun Laoghaire area have been effected and i know 4 people in the passed few minutes who have rang me and said there balance is at 0.

Just letting people know if you used your card be prepared

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Girlfriend rang AIB to find out where her money was and she was put through to their fraud department and was told that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

bungler wrote: »
    Girlfriend rang AIB to find out where her money was and she was put through to their fraud department and was told that

Oops, did your keyboard get robbed mid sentence too?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Gucky wrote: »
    Oops, did your keyboard get robbed mid sentence too?:D

Explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Think he needs a full stop for closure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

bungler wrote: »

As far as I can tell only 25 thousand people live in Dun Laoghaire. So that 80 thousand seems more likely for the whole country if it's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Indeed. This smacks of he said, my cousin told him that he overhead a woman in a bank say that her mother had a problem with this. Closing this thread on the basis that it's unsubstantiated rumour. People should be watching their accounts for suspicious activity anyway.

Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement