Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice please

• 10-12-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

my friend is looking to sell his VW Toureag its a commerical with about 6months tax on it and its the tdi and year 2007 ive been looking online for guideline prices but it really vary from as low as 15 to about 29 grand and wondering what would be you opion on how much it is worth?
    thanks in advanced and sorry if its been asked before there is just such a vairty of prices on websites i thought you boardsies would know best :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Mileage?
    Condition?
    DOE?
    Extras?
    Bad points?
    Colour?
    How many owners?
    Service history?
    Etc........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

VAT reciept?????

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

hi thanks i just forwarded him that to tell me i know some of them but i will await his reply to put the rest up.
    VAT reciept?????

do you mean can he provide a vat receipt for selling purpose..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Yes, Basically. if he's vat registered, any new owner can also claim vat back on the vehicle if the new owner is also vat registered.

If your mate isn't vat registered, it means any new owner can't claim the vat back and as a result, the jeep is worth 21% less than an identical jeep that has a vat reciept and will make it harder to sell to a business user

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Engine size? TDi in one of those could be anything from 2.5 to 5.0 litre (though granted the latter is very rare)

• Advertisement

ok so here we go..

got the year wrong it is 2008 3.0 TDI V6
    its grey
    he is the only owner so logbook says 0
    it is registered as an own goods veichle
    full service history
    excellent condition
    not sure on milage awaiting that but he reckons under 30k/40K but could be way lower!
    no real bad points at all just been valeted it has his company name on it but will be removed.
    and he can provide a VAT Reciept!

Ok miliage is about 35k km
    Extras is parking sensors front and rear
    Bluetooth car kit
    Heated seats
    Leather interior
    Very dark windows
    Service history full with VW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nice bus but in the current climate (I ain't talking about the weather) that vehicle is pretty much sale proof unfortunately. I would nearly go as far as to say he would get as more for it as a trade in against a new vehicle as he would selling it private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

True. The recession being one and this whole commercial tax thing. The whole lot is killing the price of them unfortunatley.

BTW Sophie I hope he paid all them parking tickets...:p

-Corkie- wrote: »
    True. The recession being one and this whole commercial tax thing. The whole lot is killing the price of them unfortunatley.

BTW Sophie I hope he paid all them parking tickets...:p

Yes got them paid :-D !
    He really wants to get rid of it and couldnt trade it in he already has the new car! But also doesnt want to lose out (well he noes he is going to) but he jist wants to see it
    Make a lil money!

• Advertisement

sophie1234 wrote: »
    Yes got them paid :-D !
    He really wants to get rid of it and couldnt trade it in he already has the new car! But also doesnt want to lose out (well he noes he is going to) but he jist wants to see it
    Make a lil money!

Havent I a good memory..;). He wont make money on it Sophie but look tell him take a 6 or 7 good pictures of it and throw it up on donedeal or on adverts.ie. You never know who would be in the market for one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

The way I see it is,customers for them high end commercials are few and far between nowadays plus them E60k plus 4x4s (Toureag,Q7,X5) lose alot of value in the first 3 years.

Very good corkie :-D
    Ye he isnt even expecting half of what he paid for it back! But guna stick it up and hope for the best id say :-)
    Thanks guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

I emphasise the pictures Sophie. Go to www.cargiant.co.uk and see the pictures. Dont do this or it will look stupid http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1629777 ...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Give a good description as well 3.0 V6 engine etc etc.

Best of luck with the sale.:)

Thanks guys ill make sure the focus on the phptos! Thanks again!

Advertisement