Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebuyer returning stuff without telling me!

Options
  • 10-12-2010 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

This is madness.

I ordered a 120GB SSD drive about 10 days ago using the right code for Ireland. I got the tracking number but there was no details when I went to track it. Today I get an email telling me that the goods have been RMAed without ever laying eyes on them! I thought Ebuyer was supposed to be reliable? They're refunding me the money but that's not the point, I needed that drive :mad:

Has anyone had a similar problem with them? Hope I get the shipping costs refunded too, it's not my fault the thing was returned!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

E-mail them a fluent and rather angry complaint. That BS is not on.

And on that note eBuyer has exhibited a growing trend toward failsauce of late :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Solitaire wrote: »
    E-mail them a fluent and rather angry complaint. That BS is not on.

Already done. I've a new mobo just sitting here that can't be used without installing Win 7 x64 (have 4GB RAM), I thought an SSD drive would nicely complement the whole thing. Very irritating!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Failsauce is right. I have had a drive go AWOL over the past two weeks as well, it was shipped very fast in fairness but it never actualy arrived. Tracking numbers for Ireland appear to be randomly generated and appear to serve no actual real world purpose.

Judging from previous successful orders I think the problem may well be that parcelforce seem to hand over the deliveries to local independent couriers for the last leg in Ireland, many of whom are complete cowboys in my experience. Currently I have no drive, no idea where it is and no indication of a failed delivery in the form of a slip or voicemail. Considering the princely sum they charge for delivery to Ireland, it is a complete joke. Waiting for a response to an enote from ebuyer currently :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Where do you enter the tracking number? This thread has me worrying, ordered nearly 500€ worth of stuff from them on Thursday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Send a strongly worded enote, will let you know what happens, I am already convinced it was a failed delivery by a courier too lazy to even leave a voicemail or missed delivery note and that the drive is already on the way back to the UK.

All the more galling that the drive is now just as cheap on amazon with free delivery. :(
      Johner wrote: »
      Where do you enter the tracking number? This thread has me worrying, ordered nearly 500€ worth of stuff from them on Thursday.

View the order in your Ebuyer a/c, click the "Track" link on the order details page, you will be brought to a page with a order number and a link to the parcelforce website says something like "To track you consignment, please click here".

The tracking number is already embedded in the link, so all you get is redirected to an an error page on the parcelforce website stating "Tracking Number should be in Format ." (Quoted is the exact sentence strangely, what format is that now? :confused:)

1. Advertisement
    2. Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I just remembered that Got Lost Somewhere are the usual sub contracted courier for parcelforce in Ireland, that would explain alot. :mad:

3. Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just to let ye know, my last Ebuyer order was delivered by - quoting my enote -

Courier UTI IRISH REPUBLIC

So their choice of courier varies...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

4. Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

marco_polo wrote: »
      View the order in your Ebuyer a/c, click the "Track" link on the order details page, you will be brought to a page with a order number and a link to the parcelforce website says something like "To track you consignment, please click here".

The tracking number is already embedded in the link, so all you get is redirected to an an error page on the parcelforce website stating "Tracking Number should be in Format ." (Quoted is the exact sentence strangely, what format is that now? :confused:)

Got a call this morning asking for directions but haven't heard from him since.

5. Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

If they don't refund the shipping I'll tear them a new orifice.

6. Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

They didn't refund the shipping. GRRR!

7. Advertisement
    8. Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Did you find out why it arrived back at ebuyer instead of your house?

Late on tuesday afternoon they replied to my enote assuring me me they were looking into getting me a tracking number for my order, no doubt it will be back in their warehouse by then :(.

9. Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Where do I track my order ? I used google checkout it says Parcel Force but it doesn't work on their website

10. Registered Users Posts: 24 ppk

jamescd wrote: »
      Where do I track my order ? I used google checkout it says Parcel Force but it doesn't work on their website

Same here, Google checkout says the package was sent using Parcel Force and provides a tracking number that doesn't work on their website :mad:. Should I be checking somewhere else?

11. Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

jamescd wrote: »
      ppk wrote: »
      Same here, Google checkout says the package was sent using Parcel Force and provides a tracking number that doesn't work on their website :mad:. Should I be checking somewhere else?

It appear the only way is to send an them enote asking them provide it for you (You can do this from the My Account page).

12. Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I had trouble with them last December as well. I live in Kent and the tracking link was moving along nicely....... until it got to the courier distribution depot that was about 7 miles away from my house. It stayed there for 8 days and then went back to ebuyer. They never attempted delivery and they never rang, city link - the uk equivalent of GLS.

So ebuyer were alright, but the couriers let them down. In my case I got the full amount back but the annoyance of having the item just a few miles down the road and then being sent back stopped me from buying from ebuyer for ages ..... I definitely wont buy from them at busy periods because their chepo couriers cant handle busy periods.

13. Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Since I have mentioned the bad it is only fair to update with the the positive, I got the tracking number off ebuyer just after I last posted (aside from the delay in the initial response they were actually fairly quick to process things along), rang a very helpful agent in GLS customer service (I was right about that) who rang the local depot there and then and saved the drive from the 'return to sender' pile at the last minute.

Delivery attempt number 2 is on Monday.

14. Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I also sent them an enote as you suggested in your other post marco_polo and got a reply today. They gave me 3 tracking numbers so I assume my order has been split into 3 separate packs. I checked all 3 tracking numbers and all of them have been marked as "Received in destination country".

Now this is the funny part. There was a delivery this evening to my house but only 1 of my items was delivered instead of the 10 I ordered. They went through all the trouble of driving out to my house but only brought with them a freakin SATA cable !! I don't know what the story is, maybe there was no more room in their van for the rest of my stuff :pac:

I was at work so it was received by someone else but the delivery docket has "UTI" on it so I presume that's the courier. Haven't heard of them to be honest.

Even though I only got the SATA cable today, I'm still extremely pleased with how fast the delivery is. I only ordered everything last night and according to the tracking numbers, the rest of my stuff are already in the country waiting to be delivered :)

15. Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Just received everything around 7pm today. Very fast delivery considering the time of year :)

Advertisement