Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank to switch to (from BOI)

Options
  • 10-12-2010 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

With the ongoing shambles at BOI, I've had enough, it's time to switch. Any suggestions of where's best to go?

Looking for : good, reliable online banking facility (that's hassle free as regards money transfers, setting up beneficiaries, setting up and cancelling DDs / SOs), cheapest current account fees, availability of a visa debit would help...one caveat is that I'd rather not go to Ulster bank but will consider them if they are best by a mile.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Ulster have condition-free, free banking and good online banking plus your money is not held with an Irish bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

Formosa wrote: »
    With the ongoing shambles at BOI, I've had enough, it's time to switch. Any suggestions of where's best to go?

Looking for : good, reliable online banking facility (that's hassle free as regards money transfers, setting up beneficiaries, setting up and cancelling DDs / SOs), cheapest current account fees, availability of a visa debit would help...one caveat is that I'd rather not go to Ulster bank but will consider them if they are best by a mile.

yes BOI are a shambles. i have numerous accounts and find ulster bank to be good, they have an iphone app, so its easy to see whats happening on your account. for the last 3 days i could not get into the 365online site when i tried...... total and utter shambles.

also i have the visa debit from ulster bank which is grand.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Is it easy to switch banks? I'm BOI too but I have a current account, savings account and credit card with them. If I was to switch to another bank, I'd need all 3 available straight away. I don't really fancy jumping through endless hoops to get a credit card and stuff again.

Fungus wrote: »
    Ulster have condition-free, free banking and good online banking plus your money is not held with an Irish bank.

also one point to note, with ulsterbank if you use your overdraft, they invoice and bill you monthly for using the ovdraft facility....

Is it easy to switch banks? I'm BOI too but I have a current account, savings account and credit card with them. If I was to switch to another bank, I'd need all 3 available straight away. I don't really fancy jumping through endless hoops to get a credit card and stuff again.

i find its best to setup a new account, then just setup DD's etc, and TFER the money accross, less chance of something strange happening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement