Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intuos4 v Bamboo

Options
  • 10-12-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place - you will be able to tell from the rest of my post I'm 100% clueless!

Anyway, I'm looking into getting a graphics tablet for my boyfriend for Xmas and I'm not sure what I'm buying as I've never used one myself so i would be very grateful for any assistance.

I've been researching online and I've narrowed it down to two Wacom tablets. the Intuos4 medium or the Bamboo pen and touch. these are on different ends of the spectrum obviously so my question is, which would be the best for the purpose

Basically, my boyfriend works professionally with CAD design etc (and has the accompanying repetitive strain injury to prove it!) He also dabbles in grapic design in his spare time and this would be the primary use for the tablet. I am interested in the Intuos4 as it was recommended by a friend (professional graphic designer) who uses it all of the time, but i feel it might be a bit ott for what my boyfriend needs. However, i don't want ot get the Bamboo if it's not really any use and I'd rather pay more for a quality product that he will get a lot of use out of it

Any guidance on this would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Your right, they are completely different ends of the scale. And their isn't really much in between.

There is no right answer here. Only what your willing to spend and if you think 350+ is worth it for your boyfriend and his hobby.

Advertisement