Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jive ~ All Sports

Options
  • 10-12-2010 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭

Starting a betting log using a points system and will post reasoning for each bet (with the exception of when i don't have time to do so!).

The vast majority of my bets will be on football. The bets will mostly be singles/doubles. I will tally up the profit and loss regularly so that i do not lose track.

So let's get the ball rolling...

Hannover vs. Stuttgart @ 8/5
    Hannover are the in form team going into this match with 4 wins in their last 4. Stuttgart are without a win in their last 5 games and have lost 3 in their last 4. They're lingering 16th of 18 in the bundesliga whereas if hannover win tonight they will move into 2nd. Not a certainty by any means but at 8/5 im having a go!

QPR vs. Watford @ 8/13
    Watford have lost 4 of their last 5 away games and QPR have won 3 on the trot at home. QPR have finally returned to form and it's a televised game tonight so hopefully they'll be up for it.

2 Points double @ 3.18/1 (bet365)

Heracles vs VVV @ 2/5
    Heracles have one of the best home records in the Eredivisie. VVV has one of worst records with 9 points out of their last 16 away games.

4 Points single @ 2/5

United, Chelsea and Liverpool all to draw this weekend @ 40/1
    Saw this special on PP. I fancy united to beat arsenal on monday @ evens in old trafford. Chelsea and Liverpool are up before them though and theyre away to spurs and newcastle respectively. It wouldn't surprise me to see them both draw. I don't know what newcastle are going to bring to the table whether they'll be crap or have new manager syndrome under pardew! If chelsea and liverpool draw i will then hedge my bet on the monday backing a united win most likely.

0.5 Points single @ 40/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

disaster of a start! Heracles 2-0 up concede then in the 90th minute and draw 2-2. Hannover won but QPR lost 3-1 to watford (loving english football this season).

3 bets in the PL today

It's a league for upsets this year so i've recently being going for the underdogs but really you never know what is happening in the league this year

West Ham vs. Man City Draw @ 5/2(PP)
    I'm going for the draw here because even though west ham are no great shapes by any stretch of the imagination i can see them getting a draw at upton park. They have 'some' form going into this match and the main reason behind this bet is that tevez is missing for city. No tevez = no win (usually). I can't really see west ham picking up a win so i've opted for the draw.

2 Points on the draw @ 5/2

Stoke vs. Blackpool @ 8/13(PP)
    Stoke have been playing well recently and have no injury concerns going into this game. Blackpool will be missing harewood and they're not great on the road. I'm also going to go for over 2.5 goals @ 8/13(bet365) also. Stoke have been scoring well recently and blackpool are always going forward. This game should see a few goals.

3 Points single on Stoke and over 2.5 goals @ 8/13 each

Colchester + Bournemouth double @ little over 2/1
    had this written out but internet went and i lost the post and now there's no time ha. Mostly based on form

1 Point double

Everton vs. West Brom @ evens
    Everton are dominating and it's currently 0-0

5 points @ evens

probably the worst weekend ive had in my life! no winners at all. going big on mallorca tomorrow and if that fails im taking my profits out before i squander them all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

jive wrote: »
    probably the worst weekend ive had in my life! no winners at all. going big on mallorca tomorrow and if that fails im taking my profits out before i squander them all

i dont know whats wrong with the premier league this year?
    i think its just the standard has droped dramatically and the championships teams have improved,i really dont know, but whatever is going on its making it very hard for the punter to make a profit from the football this year especially the p.l...
    i usually wait for a few weeks into the league to start betting but this year for once in my life i hav not placed a bet on football,(well maybe 1 or 2.)

before it was fairly easy to make a profit from the english leagues but now ive noticed on boards, especially "the tips from the pro" tread that every1 seems to be struggling..
    i think its something to be avoided until maybe after the transfer season again to see if things change,

its a sad day when you cant pay for a few pints down in the local by having a bet on the footie...:o

its just so unpredictable...:confused:

english football in general has stung me this year. im up a good bit since the start but took a bit of a hit today alright! bundesliga and spain are the way to go. i won't be betting on any english football for another few weeks, it's far too unpredictable this year. backing villareal + mallorca at home and backing madrid+ronaldo or barca+messi is the way forward, disregard premier league and acquire currency! :D god bless spain and its simplicity

also on the upside i got my 100 euro bonus on bet365 today for staking 600 after depositing 100 to begin with. that covers my losses but still not nice to lose :P

Mallocra vs. Racing @ 8/11
    Mallorca have a great home record and have been in good form with the exception of their last game (which was away from home). Racing are desperate away from home :D

5 Points @ 8/11

having a cheeky accumulator this weekend just to keep an interest in the goings on. may as well post it up!

Napoli @ 4/11
    Barca @ 2/7
    Liverpool @ 4/7
    Forest @ 8/13
    Villareal @ 8/15
    Madrid -1 @ 8/15

All these teams are at home and have unreal home records. Barca are the only exception and they are away to espanyol. They're playin class at the moment so even at that ****ty price i still want to include them. I'm taking madrid minus 1 because sevilla are no great shapes at the moment and have a hefty enough injury list including kanoute and navas might also be missing through injury. Madrid have a few injuries of their own including higuain but benzema is playing well and ronaldo is on form too so i'd expect them to win by probably 3 goals. Napoli are playing lecce (who have lost all their away games this season i think?) who are fairly shocking. The only 2 i doubt are liverpool (who may be missing gerrard) and forest due to weather conditions that may prove to be a good leveller. Forest are playing palace who are dog**** on the road as well. Pool are the dodgiest team to back ever but like i said i'm just doing this for a bit of interest over the weekend if it comes in then wonderful. Not a big fan of accums myself as there's always an upset thrown in somewhere.

Anyway;

2 Points @ 9.6/1

• Advertisement

Napoli @ 4/11
    Barca @ 2/7
    Liverpool @ 4/7
    Forest @ 8/13
    Villareal @ 8/15
    Madrid -1 @ 8/15

All won but Madrid only 1 nil and pool void.

Live bet - cowboys plus 8 vs cardinals. Cowboys are a free scoring team and should get a fewntds to get within touching distance if cardinals

3 point win at 10/11

after a disaster of a start i was -24.5 points

cowboys just lost by 1 due to a missed extra point after they got a TD in the last few minutes followed by a cardinal field goal in the last 10 seconds. The bet was a win though and the first of a log lets hope i have a win streak as long as my losing streak ;)

currently -21.77. no chasing or mental bets just playin it cool for the moment :P will have a look at the football in england tomorrow and may make a bet but im trying to avoid english football as its absolutely MENTAL this year.

Also, sorry for lack of coding in the last post im trying to keep this thread as sexy looking as possible but i was posting from my phone and it was a live bet so didn't want to waste time coding the message when the handicap on live american football changes frequently. i got the reasoning in though which i find is the most important part if people want to follow your bets (it was short and sweet, however :P)

Suns vs. Clippers @ 10/11
    Not too confident about this one but based on the ball i've seen this year I'd expect the suns to take this one. The suns have a good record against the clippers and have plenty of experience against a young clippers side.
    2 Points @ 10/11

Suns vs. Clippers @ 10/11
    Not too confident about this one but based on the ball i've seen this year I'd expect the suns to take this one. The suns have a good record against the clippers and have plenty of experience against a young clippers side.
    2 Points @ 10/11

LOSE by 5 points.

that one was a bit 50/50 tbh, don't know why i even went for it. Just had a feeling that the suns would take it but not to be! Doesn't hurt to go with your gut every once in a while :P kinda did today though i guess. Had a few nice wins that havent been logged (funnily enough ive only been logging bets that i'm largely confident about bar the above.... and theyre the ones that have been losing for me haha)

Chelsea vs. Arsenal
    Drogba to score anytime and Chelsea to win @ 4/1

Drogba has a great record against arsenal and so do chelsea. The chances are that if chelsea do win they will probably have to score 2 goals because i can't see them keeping arsenal out for the whole game. Gun to my head i would say arsenal 1 - 2 chelsea the final score. This bet is more for a bit of interest in the match later on more than anything, but i feel it has a good chance of coming in also so i said i'd throw it up.

3 Points @ 4/1

Chelsea vs. Arsenal
    Drogba to score anytime and Chelsea to win @ 4/1

Drogba has a great record against arsenal and so do chelsea. The chances are that if chelsea do win they will probably have to score 2 goals because i can't see them keeping arsenal out for the whole game. Gun to my head i would say arsenal 1 - 2 chelsea the final score. This bet is more for a bit of interest in the match later on more than anything, but i feel it has a good chance of coming in also so i said i'd throw it up.

3 Points @ 4/1

LOSE

Minnesota Vikings at Philadelphia Eagles
    Over 22.5 @ 10/11 (1st half total points) @ 10/11
    Over 44.0 @ 10/11 (game total) @ 10/11
    This game was postponed due to bad weather conditions but the weather is now good and should allow for a high scoring game. Vikings essentially have nothing to play for so will be pretty relaxed which sometimes can bring out the best in teams. Favre is unlikely to play but AP should be playing. I'd expect the 1st half to be pretty high scoring with the eagles wanting to clinch the game and probably rest vick towards the end of the game. I've gone for 1st half over 22.5 because of the reasons above, the eagles will want this game dead and buried in the first half. So as to not have all my eggs in one basket i've also gone for over 44.0 at full time. Everything points towards a high scoring game and if i was braver i would also go for vick AT try scorer @ 1/2 but in fear that he may be rested if the eagles put this game to bed early i have avoided it.

3 Point singles on both @10/11 each

Minnesota Vikings (+16.0) @ 10/11
    if there's not many points in the game then the eagles shouldn't cover the handicap so i'm going to soften the blow as it looks like the overs may not come in

3 Points @ 10/11

LOSE

Minnesota Vikings at Philadelphia Eagles
    Over 22.5 @ 10/11 (1st half total points) @ 10/11
    Over 44.0 @ 10/11 (game total) @ 10/11

Everything points towards a high scoring game and if i was braver i would also go for vick AT TD scorer @ 1/2 but in fear that he may be rested if the eagles put this game to bed early i have avoided it.

3 Point singles on both @10/11 each
    LOSE + LOSE. Only a TD short of the over 44 so thats a pity.
    Vick got a TD ;( oh well :D

Minnesota Vikings (+16.0) @ 10/11

3 Points @ 10/11

Took this in the 1st quarter i think. They were 7-0 down and they ended up winning the match 24-14. Crazy game and not what anyone expected. The spread was vikings +14 before the game began so for them to win by 10 points is crazy especially when they had nothing to play for. Great performance by then and i'm glad i took them on the spread because it halved my losses at least.

Next bet;
    Nottingham Forest vs. Derby County @ evens
    Derby are very poor and the road and unless you've been living under some kind of championship rock for the last 2 or 3 years you'll know how impressive
    forest are at home. Evens is a GREAT price imo and even if it didn't come in and i had a chance to go back in time i'd probably take it again. Robbie savage is out for county as well.

Villarreal vs. Almeria @ 4/11
    Again villarreal are just unbelievable at home. I pretty much back these at home every week with the exception of when they have a big injury list. Almeria are relegation candidates although do have the potential to cause an upset but i don't see one on the cards when they go to villarreal.

5 Point Double @ 1.73/1

From the above bet forest beat derby 5-2 tonight. Villareal don't play till Monday the 3rd, fingers crossed till then :P

Anyway, 2 fancies tonight in the basketball

Cavaliers +7.5 at Bobcats @ 10/11
    The cavs are crap on the road (3-13) but on the other hand the bobcats are also just 7-7 at home. A 7.5 handicap for a team who aren't the best will be tough to cover. The cavs will hopefully keep this one close.

Heat -5 at Rocketts @ 10/11
    Miami heat have pretty much been smashing everybody both at home and on the road. I can definitely see them covering the handicap here. They are playing even better than usual lately, definitely worth a go.

2 Point singles @ 10/11 each

let's hope for some entertainment tonight :D

Cavaliers +7.5 at Bobcats @ 10/11

LOSE bobcats won by 9. there was only 4 points in it with about 1.50 left too ;[

• Advertisement

Heat -5 at Rocketts @ 10/11

WIN Heat win by 6. They were up by ~ 12 with ~ 4 minutes on the clock but then the rocketts went 7 without response to make me sweat!

Pretty much even for the night. Pity the cavs didnt sink 1 of the 3's when trying to win the game or just settle for a 2(:P)towards the end, really should have kept it at 7 and under so that was unlucky.

Nottingham Forest vs. Barnsley @ 4/7
    I tipped forest to beat derby county at evens and although a short price later today i expect a comfortable win. Barnsley have won 1 in 4 whereas forest have won 3 in 4. Forest have the 2nd best defence in the league and scored 5 in their last game against derby while conceding 2. I can't see Barnsley getting more than 1 tomorrow and tbh i'd expect a win to nil from forest. With regards to being at home, as i said before forest are beasts at home and are 2nd in the league based on home performances and on the flipside of this barnsley are 21st in the away table. Ramsey will be playing his last game for forest here and really impressed against Derby after his 1st start for the club. I think he's a classy player and a league above the championship so hopefully he can do some damage as the run out the last day will have done him a world of good.

5 Points @ 8/13 (bet365)

West Brom vs. Manchester United @ 8/15
    West Brom lost their last home game to the blackburn who imo are in no great shape after the sacking of allardyce. United have been poor away from home this season and i'm usually very focused on home/away form however i'm throwing that out the window here even at 8/15. United have won 5 of the last 6 encounters between these 2. The other was a draw, last october! Revenge will be on the minds of the united players as well as the desire to bounce back and stay on top of the table after being robbed at st andrews last week. A comfortable win is on the cards imo as west brom slowly but surely slide down the table destined to be fighting out a relegation battle.

2.5 Points @ 8/15

Hearts vs. Hibernian @ 4/6
    Hearts beat hibernian in hibernian comfortably in november 2-0. Hearts are playing good stuff this year and won't want to slip up against hibs tomorrow. After 3 good wins (including celtic) at home they were held by inverness and will want to bounce back from this. Hibs are desperate on the road having picked up just 6 points away from home this year (2 wins - one of these a shock 3-0 at ibrox). I expect Hearts to win this one recently given the form they have shown in the league this year.

3 Points @ 4/6

That's them all for now. I may have an in-running bet on brum against arsenal tomorrow evening (on a birmingham 1-0 win - if they show any signs of snatching one) - i will post it here if i do have a go at it.

if you're on the united bet above i would seriously consider backing west brom and the draw double chance @10/11 in play ^^ i'm trying to keep in-play bets to a minimum however so won't include it in the log. if you're watching it you may way to take it on board though!

can't resist throwing this up

West brom 2-1 United @ 7/1 in play
    Correct Score
    West brom are the better team and might just pip this one
    0.5 Points @ 7/1

small stake, don't like posting live bets in here tbh too hard to follow then. just a small one for a bit of gloating rights if it comes in ;)

West Brom vs. Manchester United @ 8/15
    2.5 Points @ 8/15

Hearts vs. Hibernian @ 4/6
    3 Points @ 4/6
    West brom 2-1 United @ 7/1 in play
    Correct Score
    0.5 Points @ 7/1

WIN, WIN, LOSE

Odemwingie missed a penalty for west brom when it was 1-1 had that gone in then i think 2-1 may have been the likeliest event! United managed to scrape a 2-1 win. Hearts won in the early kick off in the SPL.

Forest kicks off at 3 so fingers crossed :)

Nottingham Forest vs. Barnsley @ 4/7
    5 Points @ 8/13 (bet365)

LOSS
    ugh barnsley are 2 up atm so gonna call it in already. Ramsey didnt even start.

edit; finished 2-2
    ramsey came on and they got 2 back........coincidence? :P

Munster -12 vs. Ulster
    Strong munster lineup, ulster lineup is not the strongest and judging from pre-game comments dont expect anything from this game. Munster for the bonus point and comfy win.

2 Points @ 10/11

Munster -12 vs. Ulster
    2 Points @ 10/11

WIN
    Munster 35 - 10 Ulster. The scoreline doesn't tell the whole story however as munster we're only up 4 with about 10 minutes to go. Covered the handicap well in the end so cant complain.

Currently -30.1 however if that 5 point double (forest (already won) and villareal) we'll be sitting prettier than last week at least. slow and steady wins the race :P

• Registered Users Posts: 54,323 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I heard villareal are missing a few players

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    I heard villareal are missing a few players

thanks for the heads up. i might put a few bob on almeria and the draw just to cover myself depending on the team villareal have. i'd still expect them to do the business but will definitely hedge the bet if theyre lacking a few names.

Advertisement