Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jive ~ All Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,323 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jive wrote: »
    thanks for the heads up. i might put a few bob on almeria and the draw just to cover myself depending on the team villareal have. i'd still expect them to do the business but will definitely hedge the bet if theyre lacking a few names.

yap make sure of the lineups

you'd never know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Nottingham Forest vs. Derby County @ evens
    Villarreal vs. Almeria @ 4/11
    5 Point Double @ 1.73/1
    WIN
    Currently -21.55 points after the horror start but in the right direction now towards the green.

Athletic Bilbao +2 vs. Barcelona @ 8/11
    in 5 of the last 6 meetings between the 2 in the basque region barcelona have failed to win or have only won by 1 goal. Bilbao held them to a 0-0 draw at the nou camp last time out and although i don't think bilbao will beat them, i feel the +2 goal handicap is definitely good value even though barcelona could give them a romping (which probably wont happen but with barcelona you never know!)

2 Points @ 8/11

Everton vs Tottenham DNB @ 11/10
    Spurs haven't lost in the last 4 meetings (records i'm looking at show as far back as '07 - spurs won 1 and drew 3) at goodison. They've won 3 on the trot over christmas and hopefully they can continue that good run of form. With the results being the way they are in the PL this year i wouldn't be surprised if they lost but i think this is a good bet nonetheless. Everton haven't performed too well this year and have been heavily reliant on goals coming from tim cahill who is away at the asia cup. Given the form that spurs have been in this is hard to resist.

2 Points @ 11/10

Bolton vs. Wigan @ 8/11
    Bolton aren't playing too well at the moment but given their home record this i feel is a good bet. Wigan were crap the last day being beaten by newcastle and based on that alone this is reason enough to go for. Wigan have been poor away from home and bolton have been flying. Lee misses out for bolton because he's at the asia cup but N'zogbia is a much bigger loss on the wigan front who is banned.

2 Points win @ 8/11

Everton vs Tottenham DNB @ 11/10
    2 Points @ 11/10

Bolton vs. Wigan @ 8/11
    2 Points win @ 8/11

Everton won 2-1. LOSE
    Bolton drew 1-1. LOSE
    Well the PL bites me in the ass again i don't know why i always go back haha. I'm only going to bet on the PL if there's something i REALLY fancy from now on. It's far too random this year. 0-0 at half time in the barca game though which is good, hopefully that'll win so it won't be too bad a night!

Athletic Bilbao +2 vs. Barcelona @ 8/11
    2 Points @ 8/11

WIN 1-1 at full time

• Advertisement

udinese
    sorry for lack of format etc. On phone just throwing this up reason being they've gd home form
    3 points @ 8/11

udinese
    3 points @ 8/11

WIN

I meant to post up 2 singles for mallorca and villareal but i thought it said the 9th on paddy power :( saw that mallorca lost 4-3 and villareal were at 2-2 at that point. got a small amount on at 7/4 so was pretty happy but not so happy as it would have provided a small bit of profit for the log had i posted up the bets pre-match :P

Miami Heat -7 @ Milwaukee Bucks @ 10/11
    The Heat are smashing teams all over the shop atm at the bucks aren't playing too well. Wade is averaging 32 points in the last 5 games. Boykins for the bucks has been really poor recently as well.

4 Points @ 10/11

Miami Heat @ Milwaukee Bucks Over 183.0 @ 10/11
    Miami have gone over 183 totals in 11 of their last 15 games and the bucks will give up plenty of points in this game i think.

5 Points @ 10/11

Miami Heat -7 @ Milwaukee Bucks @ 10/11
    4 Points @ 10/11
    Miami Heat @ Milwaukee Bucks Over 183.0 @ 10/11
    5 Points @ 10/11

LOSE and WIN
    Heat only won by 6. There was 196 points scored. Small profit made

• Advertisement

Deportivo vs. Barcelona Handicap Draw (2.0) @ 3/1
    Was tempted to take deportivo +2 @ evens due to barcelonas slump in form recently but read that messi, puyol and pique will all return to the side and start tonight. Deportivo are solid at home so i don't expect a big win for barcelona, but they will be eager to get back to winning ways with 2 draws in the last 3 games (the 2 draws being in the copa del ray, however). A 2 goal win looks likely tonight imo so well worth the go @ 3/1.
    1.5 Points @ 3/1

Deportivo vs. Barcelona Handicap Draw (2.0) @ 3/1
    1.5 Points @ 3/1
    LOSE 2 goals in the last 10 mins by barca sunk this one!

Orlando Magic -5.5 @ Dallas Mavericks @ 10/11
    Orlando are currently 8 from 8 smashing pretty much all of those teams. Dallas have a player who was averaging 24 points a game out injured. Magic to continue their good form i hope and cover the spread.

3 Points @ 10/11

LOSE 2 goals in the last 10 mins by barca sunk this one!

Orlando Magic -5.5 @ Dallas Mavericks @ 10/11
    3 Points @ 10/11

WIN Orlando by 10

slowly but surely on the way back up :)

Lazio in Italy and Vitoria in portugal 5 point double little over evens. Home and away records of teams playing. Sorry for quick post on phone just throwing it up here

Lazio in Italy and Vitoria in portugal 5 point double little over evens. Home and away records of teams playing. Sorry for quick post on phone just throwing it up here

LOSE

Villarreal vs. Sevilla @ 11/10 (Bet365)
    Villareal have a few injuries and this will be their fourth game in 10 days. They are a monster at home and sevilla have been extremely hit and miss this season so given the price i think its at least worth a small punt. No palop or fabiano for sevilla.

2 Points @ 11/10

Villarreal vs. Sevilla @ 11/10 (Bet365)
    2 Points @ 11/10

LOSE 3-3 draw.
    villarreal led 2-0 and 3-1 yet still managed to draw 3-3. the football is a crazy game this year! thank god im in profit on every other sport or id be gettin worried, worst part of it is that i know more about football than any other sport.

in other news, england is back at it again :D ipswich beating arsenal and blackpool beating liverpool, who'd have thought that england would throw up surprises :P

Liverpool vs. Everton @ 6/1
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&category=SPECIALS&disp_cat_id&ev_class_id=329&ev_type_id=14135&ev_oc_grp_ids=358015&bir_index&AFF_ID=10059894
    Tbh i fully expect a liverpool win but at that price how can you not have a go? :P Also going to hedge the bet as i don't want to go any deeper into red in this log than i already am. Going to try and claw my way back up to profit but given the results in the football lately i wont make any promises. Would post up my other selections here also but they are mostly in running and like i said before i'd prefer to put my selections up in good time for people to have a look at. Profit is guaranteed here unless it ends in a draw in which case i only stand to make a 0.25 loss.
    5/4 2 Points = 2.50 profit
    9/4 1 Points = 2.25 profit
    6/1 1.5 Points = 9 profit
    1.5 Points Everton win @ 6/1
    2 Points Liverpool win @ 5/4
    1 Point Draw @ 9/4

I will also probably have another villarreal / forest double or maybe just a single depending on the squads. I don't think forest have any injuries but will have to check out the opponents and see if any of villarreals injuries have recovered.

West Brom vs. Blackpool @ 10/3
    when i saw this i laughed seeing that west brom are odds on. West brom have lost 5 in 5 and 7 of their last 9. Blackpool just beat liverpool 2-1 and if the premier league has taught us anything this year with regards to bizarre results its to back the underdog. Blackpool may not win this, but it's definitely great value @ 10/3. In their last 3 away games they lost to city 1-0, beat sunderland 2-0 and beat stoke 1-0.
    2 Points @ 10/3

Sunderland vs. Newcastle @ 3/1
    Sunderland are flying this year and have won 3 in 4 at home in the PL and Newcastle have lost 3 in 4 on the road. With this being a derby and the PL i would throw all form out the window, however. At 3/1 i'd be nuts to not have a go at this, PL or not that price is much greater than it should be and i expect a Sunderland win. I'm not going to bother hedging this bet at all because it's just 3/1 and i think a Sunderland win is the most likely outcome. What worries me is that cattermole and welbeck face late fitness tests. Carroll is out for Newcastle along with Tiote which are massive blows. I think this has a great chance of coming in.

4 Points win @ 3/1

• Advertisement

Villarreal vs. Osasuna @ 4/7
    Both teams have injury worries but Osasuna more so who have only 16 senior players to choose from. They're poor on the road and have been poor in front of goal as well, not ideal for travelling to villarreal where they have only dropped points once at home this year
    4 Points @ 4/7

West Brom vs. Blackpool @ 10/3
    when i saw this i laughed seeing that west brom are odds on. West brom have lost 5 in 5 and 7 of their last 9. Blackpool just beat liverpool 2-1 and if the premier league has taught us anything this year with regards to bizarre results its to back the underdog. Blackpool may not win this, but it's definitely great value @ 10/3. In their last 3 away games they lost to city 1-0, beat sunderland 2-0 and beat stoke 1-0.
    2 Points @ 10/3

LOSE pretty much as i expected but that price was too big. definitely more than they should have been priced at. 3-2 loss, could have went either way!

Villarreal and sunderland are the 2 big bets, hopefully they come in and if everton won (which i dont think they will!) it'll be a bonus :D

Villarreal vs. Osasuna @ 4/7
    4 Points @ 4/7

WIN 4-2

Southend vs. Macclesfield
    Mohsni to score first @ 25/1 (1 Point) and Mohsni to score any time @ 10/1 (3 Points)
    Centre back playing up front due to injuries, prices are obviously taking into account that he is playing at centre back and not full forward. worth a pop

Southend vs. Macclesfield
    Mohsni to score first @ 25/1 (1 Point) and Mohsni to score any time @ 10/1 (3 Points)
    Centre back playing up front due to injuries, prices are obviously taking into account that he is playing at centre back and not full forward. worth a pop

WIN and WIN
    Huge winner. Big thanks goes to beefy78 in the footie tips from the pro thread who was the one that spotted it. All credit goes to him.

Finally in profit for the log and after that win of +55 Points and now sitting at +28.92

Barnet vs. Southend
    Mohsni to score first @ 28/1 (0.5 Point) and Mohsni to score any time @ 10/1 (2 Points). (BET365)
    Same bet again for the same reasoning as above. Unsure as to whether he will start up front or not so slightly reduced stakes. Hopefully he will start up front given that he scored 2 tonight. Getting in early before the price disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

I got in just in time, prices were slashed a few mins after.

homolumo wrote: »
    I got in just in time, prices were slashed a few mins after.

fingers crossed he starts up front and does the business again!

Spurs (-3.0) vs. Jazz @ 10/11
    No live betting tonight for me on the bball so wont be posting any selections in the NBA thread. Going to have 1 bet anyway even though i'd prefer to wait for the in running. Jazz are on a 5 game losing streak and i fancy them to make that 6 in a row. Spurs have won 9 of their last 10 and -3 isnt exactly a big spread to cover so it's worth taking over the outright. Its 10 games since spurs have been beaten ATS with a days rest on board. Everything points to a Spurs win and hopefully they deliver.
    2 Points @ 10/11

• Advertisement

Spurs (-3.0) vs. Jazz @ 10/11
    No live betting tonight for me on the bball so wont be posting any selections in the NBA thread. Going to have 1 bet anyway even though i'd prefer to wait for the in running. Jazz are on a 5 game losing streak and i fancy them to make that 6 in a row. Spurs have won 9 of their last 10 and -3 isnt exactly a big spread to cover so it's worth taking over the outright. Its 10 games since spurs have been beaten ATS with a days rest on board. Everything points to a Spurs win and hopefully they deliver.
    2 Points @ 10/11

WIN Spurs won by 7.

+30.74 profit

Advertisement