Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jive ~ All Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

tempted to go in on the heat and celtics tonight. going to wait to see how wade is fixed for tonight before making any bets

Heat at Knicks @ 8/13
    Bosh is out but Wade has overcome his migraine problems but will wear glasses for the game which hopefully won't hinder his performance. Miami lost 4 in a row before winning their last game so hopefully they are hungry to go on a run now. A fast paced game should suit Miami and hopefully they will win this with a few to spare.

Celtics at Trailblazers @ 10/19
    The Celtics are 9-3 this month and the Celtics have won 10 of the last 11 meetings between these 2. These stats alone make me want to go in on the Celtics even though Shaq is out.

2 Points Double @ 1.47/1

jive wrote: »
    Heat at Knicks @ 8/13
    Bosh is out but Wade has overcome his migraine problems but will wear glasses for the game which hopefully won't hinder his performance. Miami lost 4 in a row before winning their last game so hopefully they are hungry to go on a run now. A fast paced game should suit Miami and hopefully they will win this with a few to spare.

Celtics at Trailblazers @ 10/19
    The Celtics are 9-3 this month and the Celtics have won 10 of the last 11 meetings between these 2. These stats alone make me want to go in on the Celtics even though Shaq is out.

2 Points Double @ 1.47/1

LOSE Heat led by 9 going into the 4th and lost the 4th 29-15!! Softened the blow with an in running bet on unders which i posted in the NBA thread but that doesnt help the log :P Disappointing loss because the heat really should have won it, knicks are something like 1-15 going into the 4th losing. Hopefully the Celtics blow their game now and make me feel better :D
    Roll on the weekend football

NBA Matches Minnesota Timberwolves At Utah Jazz
    Minnesota Timberwolves (+8.5) @ 5/6
    Simple reasoning for this; Utah have been crap recently and i'd take pretty much anyone +8.5 against them as a result.

NBA Matches New York Knicks At Atlanta Hawks
    New York Knicks (+6.5) @ 5/6
    The Knicks managed to come back and beat the Heat last night which will give them a confidence boost and they've just won back to back games. The Hawks have been playing OK recently but certainly aren't anywhere near their best from what I've seen. I'd expect a Hawks win but hopefully the Knicks will have enough to cover the spread. NY are 17-6 ATS away from home and 6.5 is a pretty large advantage for them to have imo.

1 Point Double @ 2.36/1

NBA Matches Orlando Magic At Chicago Bulls
    Orlando Magic @ 5/6
    Orlando have won 3 in a row against the Bulls by any average of 26 PPG. They've won 8 of the last 10 between the 2. Rose is ill and even though they've had a few days off his energy levels are still probably low. Last time Chicago had 3 days off Magic trounced them anyway.
    Also from horseboxos log -
    Gonna keep this simple. Rose is a game time decision and isn't 100%. Stomach and back problems. If he can't play to his potential that should take a good number of points of Chicago. Not to mention the Magic are the better side right now. Howard is rolling. Orlando are moving to -1 but this is still scratch on PP. So get on it quick if you like the Magic.
    1.5 Points @ 5/6

• Advertisement

3 Basketball bets all LOSE

+26.24

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2278607,00.html

"It's a tough ask and we will need to see how he gets on once the adrenaline has gone a bit but for now I have no problems putting Bilel in attack because he just has a zest for the game which in infectious."

fingers crossed he starts up front, great chance of another big winner if he does!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2278607,00.html

"It's a tough ask and we will need to see how he gets on once the adrenaline has gone a bit but for now I have no problems putting Bilel in attack because he just has a zest for the game which in infectious."

fingers crossed he starts up front, great chance of another big winner if he does!

Forgotten about good ol Bilel. He might save my day.

centre back just came off for a striker at around 46 mins, id say mohsni is gone back into centre back :-(

centre back just came off for a striker at around 46 mins, id say mohsni is gone back into centre back :-(

and the striker just scored :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Barnet vs. Southend
    Mohsni to score first @ 28/1 (0.5 Point) and Mohsni to score any time @ 10/1 (2 Points). (BET365)

Lose went off at around 2/1 anytime but was put back into defence just after half time. Still was worth the gamble

+23.76 profit

Spanish Liga Adelante matches Barcelona Atletic v Celta Vigo
    Celta Vigo @ 7/4
    Spanish Liga Adelante matches Villarreal B v Valladolid
    Villarreal B @ 11/8

kicks off at 5 so no time for reasoning, sorry!
    1 Point Double @ 5.53/1

Spanish Liga Adelante matches Barcelona Atletic v Celta Vigo
    Celta Vigo @ 7/4
    Spanish Liga Adelante matches Villarreal B v Valladolid
    Villarreal B @ 11/8

kicks off at 5 so no time for reasoning, sorry!
    1 Point Double @ 5.53/1
    LOSE
    Close but no cigar. Villareal B won 2-0 but celta vigo only managed a draw

Serie A Matches Inter Milan v Palermo
    Inter Milan @ 4/6 - great home record only recent loss at home in the league is against AC Milan who also play at the san siro so we won't count that one :D
    Spanish La Liga Matches Osasuna v Real Madrid
    Real Madrid @ 1/3 Barca won tonight and Madrid will obviously being going out to win to keep up with them and should have enough to win by ~ 2 goals imo
    Brazil Campeonato Carioca Vasco Da Gama v Flamengo
    Flamengo @ 11/10 Vasco head coach has been sacked and Flamengo have won their only away game so far in CA1 and i'd expect them to follow it up with another win
    Serie A Matches Cagliari v Bari
    Cagliari @ 4/6 Cagliari will be confident of beating Bari who have won once in 16 league games and most recently lost 2-0 at home to Napoli
    Serie A Matches Napoli v Sampdoria
    Napoli @ 1/2 Napoli will be disappointed after going out on penalties in Coppa Italia to Inter and will look to extend their unreal home record by beating Sampdoria who are fairly poor on the road. My only worry would be that Napoli/Inter may be fatigued after going all the way to penalties mid week but hopefully should have enough in the tank to get 3 points each.

Short write ups as this is a fairly wild accumulator purely for a bit of interest but i feel it does have a relatively decent chance of coming in as far as accumulators go. Hopefully the luck will go my way which is exactly whats needed for a stupid bet like this to come in
    1 Point Accumulator @ 10.67/1

• Registered Users Posts: 54,323 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jive I heard inter could be missing players, have you done your home work on them?

Headshot wrote: »
    jive I heard inter could be missing players, have you done your home work on them?

Yeah they're missing a host of players but Palermo are also missing a couple. I'm merely going on the fact that Inter will be on a high after struggling through against Napoli and Palermo are crap on the road. It's probably the dodgiest match in the accum but i just have a feeling Inter will still be strong enough to get the win. It could go either way, i just fancy Inter which is why i threw them in. Purely for the bit of interest like I said, hence the 1 point stake :D

Yeah they're missing a host of players but Palermo are also missing a couple. I'm merely going on the fact that Inter will be on a high after struggling through against Napoli and Palermo are crap on the road. It's probably the dodgiest match in the accum but i just have a feeling Inter will still be strong enough to get the win. It could go either way, i just fancy Inter which is why i threw them in. Purely for the bit of interest like I said, hence the 1 point stake :D

what an unreal game

what an unreal game

i missed it thank god i'd have been pissed if i saw they went 2-0 down at home to palermo!! :pac: hopefully with a bit more luck now that bet will come in. I can watch a bit of the Madrid game and if they look good il leave them but i probably wont get a chance to see the Flamengo match so might lay them for a small amount.

Thanks for the input as well because i'm sure there'll be days where my research isn't up to scratch and all input is welcome :D

If anyone is following i might post an in-running bet (i usually refrain from this because it makes a log tough to follow properly) on the Madrid match if they don't look good - just a heads up!

Osasuna and Draw
    1 Point @ 9/5

Madrid are 1 down. Don't look like winning either. Still going to take a small bit of profit and want to go in again on Flamengo although their price has gone from 11/10. 4/5 on PP now but taking Flamengo @ 5/6 on BET365.

3 Points @ 5/6

• Advertisement

Osasuna and Draw
    1 Point @ 9/5
    WIN Osasuna 1 - 0 Madrid
    Flamengo @ 5/6 on BET365.
    3 Points @ 5/6
    WIN Flamengo 2-1
    Inter Milan @ 4/6 WIN 3-2
    Real Madrid @ 1/3 LOSE 1-0
    Flamengo @ 11/10 WIN 1-2
    Cagliari @ 4/6 WIN 2-1
    Napoli @ 1/2 WIN 4-0
    1 Point Accumulator @ 10.67/1
    LOSE

Pity the accumulator didn't come in and of course the shortest price team lost :D Still +3.3 Points for the day

+ 26.06 Profit

Osasuna and Draw
    1 Point @ 9/5
    Madrid are 1 down. Don't look like winning either. Still going to take a small bit of profit and want to go in again on Flamengo although their price has gone from 11/10. 4/5 on PP now but taking Flamengo @ 5/6 on BET365.

3 Points @ 5/6

well done

well done

Thanks. Wish i put more on Osasuna because i knew they were a potential banana skin watching the match but hindsight is a great thing :pac:

Racing Santander And Draw vs. Valencia @ 4/7
    Racing rarely lose at home and i can see this one finishing 1-1. Valencia have been struggling past teams recently but i have a feeling that they might just be held tonight. Mata is also out injured and he's an important player for them
    2 Points @ 4/7

Glenavon and Valencia Enhanced Special @ 5/1
    I really like the look of Glenavon tonight and they are 8/5 as a single. This enhanced special looks pretty good to me even though I have a feeling that Valencia won't win against Racing. They are the better team however so a win wouldn't be too surprising. Glenavon have won 4 from 5 at home and among the victims were a team who currently lie 2nd in the league.
    1 Point @ 5/1

Racing Santander And Draw vs. Valencia @ 4/7
    Racing rarely lose at home and i can see this one finishing 1-1
    2 Points @ 4/7

Glenavon and Valencia Enhanced Special @ 5/1
    1 Point @ 5/1

WIN Racing 1-1 Valencia. As predicted ;)
    and
    LOSE

+0.14 Points :P

+26.30 Profit

QPR vs. Portsmouth @ 4/7
    Pompey haven't won at Loftus Road since 1961 and given there recent run of form they won't win tonight either. QPR are top of the championship and will attack from the off in a bid to get another 3 points. Portsmouth don't pose much of a counter attacking threat so i think QPR will take this one.
    2 Points @ 4/7

ugh i had a big write up and i obviously messed up as only QPR bet was posted

other selections
    aberdeen celtic
    milsom @ 39/1 first scorer, 16/1 anytime
    0.5 at 39/1 and 1 point @ 16/1
    betfair prices

enhanced treble united, celtic, chelsea @ 11/4
    1 point @ 11/4

united villa draw
    1 point @ 15/4

QPR vs. Portsmouth @ 4/7
    2 Points @ 4/7
    milsom @ 39/1 first scorer, 16/1 anytime
    0.5 at 39/1 and 1 point @ 16/1

enhanced treble united, celtic, chelsea @ 11/4
    1 point @ 11/4

united villa draw
    1 point @ 15/4

WIN(QPR 2-0 Portsmouth),LOSE + LOSE, WIN (United 3-1 Villa, Aberdeen 0-3 Celtic, Sunderland 2-4 Chelsea) and LOSE

+1.39

+27.69 profit

Roma (-1) vs. Brescia @ 8/11
    Roma should win this by at least 2 goals as they are by far the better team and have a great home record. Brescia are 19th of 20 and have an abysmal away record which is probably set to get even worse tonight. Brescia beat Roma earlier in the season and that will be on the back of their minds also which should spur them on.

Udinese vs. Bologna @ 1/2
    Udinese are flying at the moment and have an unreal home record. Bologna aren't a bad team but were beat comfortably the last day out by inter, a team Udinese beat 3-1 in their last home game.
    2.5 Points @ 1.59/1

Birmingham vs. Man City
    Draw @ 5/2
    Birmingham is never an easy place to go and pick up a win so i think there is some good value in the draw. Man City are not an easy team to beat and haven't been firing on all cylinders as of late so a draw seems a likely outcome. Man City may well win this but i don't see value in them.

Fulham vs. Newcastle @ evens
    Fulham smashed spurs in their last match (although it was in the cup not the league) and Newcastle just lost Andy Carroll to Liverpool and didn't get anyone in to cover for that loss. Newcastle are heavily reliant on Carroll and i can see them struggling without him. Stephen Ireland might start for Newcastle and he should be rusty as an old nail in the centre of midfield which also tickles my fancy.

Man City vs. West Brom @ 4/9
    West Brom are really on the decline and i see them getting absolutely nothing from that game at Eastlands. Reasoning done :P

Villareal vs. Levante @ 2/7
    Villareal at home. Need i say more?
    The Man City and Villareal matches are at the weekend and if the first 2 parts of this accumulator come in (the bigger priced parts :D) i'll look at hedging as i see fit this weekend. IF the other selections win tonight. The PL is a raffle though and so it's just the luck of the draw tonight.
    1 Point @ 12/1

• Advertisement

Roma (-1) vs. Brescia @ 8/11
    Udinese vs. Bologna @ 1/2
    2.5 Points @ 1.59/1
    LOSE both these teams drew which makes me happy because i wasn't even close :cool:

Fulham are winning and birmingham/city are drawing so fingers crossed that stays the same, only 5 minutes left in the brum game and 20 left in the Fulham game

Advertisement