Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jive ~ All Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

jive wrote: »
    Birmingham vs. Man City
    Draw @ 5/2

Fulham vs. Newcastle @ evens

Man City vs. West Brom @ 4/9

Villareal vs. Levante @ 2/7

1 Point @ 12/1

Nice one, Draw and Fulham came in. City and Villarreal this weekend should do the business but like i said i'll look at hedging the bet if i think it's necessary

Spanish La Liga Matches Osasuna v Mallorca
    Osasuna @ evens
    Osasuna were impressive at home last week when they beat Madrid. Mallorca were beaten at home last weekend 4-0 by gijon, and are a poor team on the road. I fancy Osasuna in this one and the price is good. Mallorca also have a few injuries.

Spanish La Liga Matches Athletic Bilbao v Sporting Gijon
    Athletic Bilbao @ 8/13
    Bilbao are strong at home. Gijon are a tough team to beat but Bilbao are strong this year. Gijon won the last 2 fixtures in the basque region but i expect that trend to change tomorrow evening.

1 point double @ 2.23/1

Spanish La Liga Matches Osasuna v Mallorca
    Osasuna @ evens
    Osasuna were impressive at home last week when they beat Madrid. Mallorca were beaten at home last weekend 4-0 by gijon, and are a poor team on the road. I fancy Osasuna in this one and the price is good. Mallorca also have a few injuries.

Spanish La Liga Matches Athletic Bilbao v Sporting Gijon
    Athletic Bilbao @ 8/13
    Bilbao are strong at home. Gijon are a tough team to beat but Bilbao are strong this year. Gijon won the last 2 fixtures in the basque region but i expect that trend to change tomorrow evening.

1 point double @ 2.23/1

LOSE Osasuna went ahead in the 8th minute but were held 1-1. Bilbao won easy, 3-0.

Waiting on Villareal for the accum to come in, kicks of at 7. Going to watch the game and will place an in-running bet if they don't look good. City won 3-0 earlier

levante to score a goal
    2 Points @ 11/10

levante to score a goal
    2 Points @ 11/10

WIN

now come on villarreal, 40 minutes to pull the finger out. They've dropped just 2 points at home this season, that was against Valencia, trust them to drop points when im waiting on them to bring in a 12/1 accumulator :pac: went off at 1/4 too. This is just like the accumulator last week, the shortest priced team let me down :(

• Advertisement

Birmingham vs. Man City
    Draw @ 5/2

Fulham vs. Newcastle @ evens

Man City vs. West Brom @ 4/9

Villareal vs. Levante @ 2/7

1 Point @ 12/1

Ugh. First 3 came in, Villarreal dropped points for only the 2nd time at home this year. Levante won their first game on the road in 9 games :mad: talk about unlucky.

+25.39 Profit

Ireland vs. France (-2) @ 10/11
    Ireland were poor against Italy and France (while susceptible at the back) looked like they could really tear this Irish team apart if they get going when i watched them playing Scotland. Ireland might turn up and have a big game but based on what i've seen I have to fancy France and i'm taking this spread now as i can only see it getting bigger.

4 Points @ 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Ireland were poor against Italy and France (while susceptible at the back) looked like they could really tear this Irish team apart if they get going when i watched them playing Scotland. Ireland might turn up and have a big game but based on what i've seen I have to fancy France and i'm taking this spread now as i can only see it getting bigger.

3 Points @ 10/11

I will take some of that, will happily lose but strongly fancy France. I thought the handicap would be a lot bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

only -2 i was expecting at least 10 it wont take to long for that to rise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

On a 10/11, cant see it staying -2 for too long

would happily be wrong but I think france could tear us apart if they push it

• Advertisement

Going in again on the France (-2) bet with 1 extra point. Edited the post. Price still available on PP gone to -3 with bet365 though

Leyton Orient vs. Swindon Town @ evens
    Orient have only lost 1 in 17 and Swindon have won just once in 10 games. Leyton Orient are the inform team going into tonights game. They have a few first team players returning as well which can only help them boost their form further.

Rochdale vs. Bristol Rovers @ 4/6
    Again, Rochdale are the inform team. Bristol Rovers have proven to be poor on the road over the course of this season. Bristol are 23/24th in the league, Rochdale are 8th and are pushing for a playoff spot. They'll fully expect to get the 3 points tonight. Rochdale also have no injury concerns which is a plus.

2.5 Points @ 2.33/1

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Phonics

Orient have only lost 1 in 17 and Swindon have won just once in 10 games. Leyton Orient are the inform team going into tonights game. They have a few first team players returning as well which can only help them boost their form further.

Again, Rochdale are the inform team. Bristol Rovers have proven to be poor on the road over the course of this season. Bristol are 23/24th in the league, Rochdale are 8th and are pushing for a playoff spot. They'll fully expect to get the 3 points tonight. Rochdale also have no injury concerns which is a plus.

2.5 Points @ 2.33/1
    Nice picks. Am new to this but have been a watcher and reader for a while and like the way you decide on your selections and this thread seems profitable.wp

2.5 Points @ 2.33/1

WIN Leyton Orient won 3-0 and Rochdale won 3-1.
    Phonics wrote: »
    Nice picks. Am new to this but have been a watcher and reader for a while and like the way you decide on your selections and this thread seems profitable.wp

Thanks dude, hopefully it stays profitable!

+31.22 Profit

GAA Hurling Matches Waterford v Dublin
    Waterford @ 4/9
    I know waterford are missing a few players but even their second team could beat dublin due to the quality and depth of the squad. The dubs are a decent team and a potential banana skin but as most people know this it should keep complacency to a minimum. Waterford cruised past cork by 5 points the last day out and i'd expect a similar result against the Dubs especially at the start of the campaign in waterford.

GAA Hurling Matches Kerry v Antrim
    Antrim @ 4/11
    From Phonics blog ...
    Antrim 1/2- really cant believe this price and cant actually seeing it been there for too long. I can only assume they are this price because they are travelling to the opposite end of the country but they are an improving side and should be a cut above some of the weaker teams in this division.
    The price is already on the move so this is one of the main reasons i got on this. Everyone seems to think that Antrim will beat Kerry. I've never seen Kerry play hurling, i know Antrim are decent enough but haven't seen anything from them since the all Ireland. Lets hope that everybody is right :D

2 Points @ 0.97/1 (almost evens)

From Paddy Power - Mythical Matches ( http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/mythical-matches )

Man United vs. Arsenal @ 4/7
    United are playing city in the derby early tomorrow and i can see city going there and shutting up shop like they usually do against the big teams. Can't see united scoring more than one unless city go hell for leather in going for the win, which i really can't see happening. Arsenal are scoring for fun at the moment and only big absentee is Nasri. With Van Persie playing well and Fabregas playing well i can see them tearing strips off Wolves at the Emirates especially having dropped points the last day. Wolves are good at getting a goal against the big teams which will hopefully result in even more goals for Arsenal. I expect at least 2 goals from Arsenal and see them scoring 3 or 4 if i'm honest.

2 Points @ 4/7

Numancia v Xerez @ 21/10
    Villarreal B v Ponferradina @ 4/7
    Tenerife v Rayo Vallecano @ 8/5

Simply going off form and where i deem there to be some value.

0.5 Points Trixie (2 Points staked in total)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

From Paddy Power - Mythical Matches ( http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/mythical-matches )

United are playing city in the derby early tomorrow and i can see city going there and shutting up shop like they usually do against the big teams. Can't see united scoring more than one unless city go hell for leather in going for the win, which i really can't see happening. Arsenal are scoring for fun at the moment and only big absentee is Nasri. With Van Persie playing well and Fabregas playing well i can see them tearing strips off Wolves at the Emirates especially having dropped points the last day. Wolves are good at getting a goal against the big teams which will hopefully result in even more goals for Arsenal. I expect at least 2 goals from Arsenal and see them scoring 3 or 4 if i'm honest.

2 Points @ 4/7

Liverpool @ 19/20 v Utd is another good one.

homolumo wrote: »
    Liverpool @ 19/20 v Utd is another good one.

yeah that looks good value for money i just don't trust the pool!!

2 Points @ 4/7

LOSE Both scored 2. sad face

• Advertisement

Numancia v Xerez @ 21/10
    Villarreal B v Ponferradina @ 4/7
    Tenerife v Rayo Vallecano @ 8/5

Simply going off form and where i deem there to be some value.

0.5 Points Trixie (2 Points staked in total)

LOSE Villarreal the only winners.

Antrim beat kerry earlier today by 6 points so waiting on waterford to bring in the double

i like the look of this...

Ireland vs. France
    To Score a Try in 80 min
    B O'Driscoll @ 3/1

He always goes huge against the French because he gets a lot of space. France conceded a few tries against Scotland and O'Driscoll got a try against Italy in the first match. I think 3/1 is a bit too big as this game could see quite a few points scored due to how the French play.

1 Point @ 3/1

damn o'driscoll was about 2 inches from a try there got stuck up against the post :pac:

GAA Hurling Matches Waterford v Dublin
    Waterford @ 4/9

GAA Hurling Matches Kerry v Antrim
    Antrim @ 4/11

2 Points @ 0.97/1 (almost evens)

LOSE Waterford only managed a draw.

4 Points @ 10/11

WIN France win by 3. Lucky i took the spread earlier in the week because it did go out to -3 over the next couple of days.
    Ireland vs. France
    To Score a Try in 80 min
    B O'Driscoll @ 3/1
    1 Point @ 3/1

LOSE He went very close on 2 or 3 occasions and France gave up 3 tries so i still think this was a good bet even if it was a loser :D

+27.86 Profit

PP enhanced treble valencia, milan and cardiff all to win @ 5/1
    No time for any decent reasoning (apologies) but i just expect these 3 to win. Milan are playing well atm and spurs aren't exactly flying. Valencia don't have the best home record in europe but schalke blow hot and cold but seem to save their best form for champs league, i expect valencia will have too much for them. A draw would be good for spurs and schalke imo, hopefully the home teams prevail. Cardiff have a big game against forest coming up which would be my only worry for them not overcoming burnley. I think this has a decent chance of coming in, definitely worth a nibble at that price either way.

2 Points @ 5/1

PP enhanced treble valencia, milan and cardiff all to win @ 5/1
    No time for any decent reasoning (apologies) but i just expect these 3 to win. Milan are playing well atm and spurs aren't exactly flying. Valencia don't have the best home record in europe but schalke blow hot and cold but seem to save their best form for champs league, i expect valencia will have too much for them. A draw would be good for spurs and schalke imo, hopefully the home teams prevail. Cardiff have a big game against forest coming up which would be my only worry for them not overcoming burnley. I think this has a decent chance of coming in, definitely worth a nibble at that price either way.

2 Points @ 5/1

LOSE Was watching the spurs game and put 2 points on them @ 7/4. Posted it up in the football tips from the pro thread so obviously not counting it towards the log (trying to keep in play bets to a minimum as it makes it hard to follow and by the time you put up your reasoning the price could be vastly different!). None of the above teams won, 2 drew and milan were beat by spurs. The other 2 led but i wasn't watching those games so i don't know what happened. I know that spurs dnb was a steal @ 7/4 though! :D

German Bundesliga Matches FSV Mainz 05 v Bayern Munich
    Bayern Munich @ 8/13

Spanish La Liga Matches Real Madrid v Levante
    Real Madrid @ 1/7

Serie A Matches Inter Milan v Cagliari
    Inter Milan @ 2/5

sorry, no reasoning for this, pretty self explanatory anyway. Had no time to post up any bets in here during the week with proper reasoning, i wanted to have crawley +3 for 4 points @ 10/11 but it has since dropped to 8/13 on PP. I posted this up in the football tips from the pro thread during the week but wanted to wait until i saw the team sheet until i posted it up in here in case some people took the plunge prematurely (if anyone is following that is!). I don't usually back such crap odds as 1/7 but i just see them as a dead cert and i will probably watch that later so its for a bit of interest as well. IIRC they beat levante 8-0 in the copa del ray during the season, away from home

So 2 Points @ 1.59/1 on the above treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,323 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bayern away from home, could be dodgy

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Bayern away from home, could be dodgy

yeah i think the other 2 have a great chance of coming in but the price reflects that. The wheels have come off Mainz after their great start. I think bayern have enough and have been playing really well lately. A bit short priced for my liking but i just like the look of it. Pity i never posted up the crawley bet in here, i really think they'll keep it to 2 or less depending on the united team put out

Advertisement