Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jive ~ All Sports

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Bayern won 3-1, conceded a late goal so was relatively comfortable as they lead from the 9th minute. Madrid are 1 up with ~15 minutes gone and i don't think Levante will come back at all. Inter kick off at 7.45.

Crawley lost just 1-0 at old trafford so that bet came in for me but didnt get the price i wanted for the log as it disappeared relatively quickly. Still fairly happy with it though.

jive wrote: »
    German Bundesliga Matches FSV Mainz 05 v Bayern Munich
    Bayern Munich @ 8/13

Spanish La Liga Matches Real Madrid v Levante
    Real Madrid @ 1/7

Serie A Matches Inter Milan v Cagliari
    Inter Milan @ 2/5

So 2 Points @ 1.59/1 on the above treble.

WIN
    Bayern won 3-1, Madrd 2-0 and Inter 1-0.

Profit +29.04

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

WIN
    Bayern won 3-1, Madrd 2-0 and Inter 1-0.

Profit +29.04
    Good to see you kept going after the bad start and managed to turn things around, good man!

noelpat wrote: »
    Good to see you kept going after the bad start and managed to turn things around, good man!

Thanks dude, start was terrible but had one good day that reversed all that. Hopefully will keep chugging along slow and steady, not going to have many days where i turn over a huge profit but i also (hopefully) won't go on a long streak of losers.

Ps. headshot whenever you question my selections they come in.... keep it up :D you're like the anti-jinx :D

Spanish La Liga Matches Villarreal v Malaga
    Villarreal @ 1/2
    Villarreal haven't been great in the league recently but did look solid at the back when they shut up shop against Napoli mid week. I may look at hedging this bet should Lazio come in earlier in the day. I will watch a few minutes of the match before making any decisions. Villarreal are amazing at home and Malaga have a heap of injuries which is my main reason for going in on this. Villarreal should have too much for them regardless of the current slump in form in the league.

Serie A Matches Napoli v Catania
    Napoli @ 2/5
    Napoli were held at home to Villarreal mid week but did look dangerous. Catania are one of the worst teams away from home in Serie A whereas Napoli are one of the best (if not the best). Napoli should win this one comfortably, at a guess i'd say 2-0.

Serie A Matches Lazio v Bari
    Lazio @ 2/5
    As with the above, a strong home team play a very poor away team who are rooted to the bottom of Serie A. Last time i backed Lazio they let me down against Lecce but i am willing to dip my finger into the Lazio pie again as i fully expect them to win this one fairly comfortably.

3 Points Treble @ 1.94/1

Also a smaller side bet for tomorrow.
    First Goalscorer
    Each Way Odds: 1/3 places 1,2,3,4,5
    E Cavani @ 13/5
    This lad is in really good form recently especially at home with 8 in their last 5 home games in the league.

0.5 Points E/W @ 13/5 (1 point staked in total)

• Advertisement

Serie A Matches Udinese v Brescia
    Udinese @ 2/5
    Udinese, again, are a team who are strong at home. Brescia are a really crap side so i fancy Udinese in the double with Fiorentina.

Serie A Matches Fiorentina v Sampdoria
    Fiorentina @ 4/6
    This match should be a bit closer than the above but i expect Fiorentina to edge it. Sampdoria are really poor on the road this season and haven't reached the form that they did last year. Fiorentina are also having a disappointing season but have shown enough form lately for me to want to put a few on them!

1 Point double @ 1.33/1

Spanish La Liga Matches Villarreal v Malaga
    Villarreal @ 1/2

Napoli @ 2/5

Serie A Matches Lazio v Bari
    Lazio @ 2/5

3 Points Treble @ 1.94/1
    LOSE
    Lazio won 1-0 but Villarreal conceded a late equaliser to draw 1-1. Napoli still to run but the bet is dead! Hopefully Cavani scores first to recover some of the losses.

EDIT: Napoli also went on to win 1-0, close but no cigar :(
    Serie A Matches Udinese v Brescia
    Udinese @ 2/5

Serie A Matches Fiorentina v Sampdoria
    Fiorentina @ 4/6
    1 Point double @ 1.33/1
    LOSE Both held 0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,323 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I watched the Udinese match

it was a disgraceful performance by them

I honestly think that league is corrupted with betting etc

Headshot wrote: »
    I watched the Udinese match

it was a disgraceful performance by them

I honestly think that league is corrupted with betting etc

Yeah the Italian league is a bit dodge tbh i've been skeptical ever since what happened a couple of years ago. Maybe i'm just being paranoid :D I like to back udinese/napoli/inter/lazio at home though, it's not often they let ya down. But Roma winning 3-0 away from home and conceding 4 :pac: newcastle would be proud! They were dog at the back against shaktar in the champs league though so it's not that hard to believe i guess(at least thats who i think they were playing). Like REALLY bad.

Pity bout Villarreal i thought they were over their slump after watching them get a draw away at Napoli mid week... obviously not! If Cavani scores it'll only be a small loss for the day so I won't mind too much, just a pity bout the late equaliser but sure i'm used to it at this stage.

Cavani missed a pen after 11 minutes and someone else for napoli just scored ^^ how i wish villarreal had just finished the game out now! Hopefully he scores anyway and the E/W part comes in. Was unlucky today could have been +7 points easily but instead will probably be -5! Oh well :)

• Advertisement

E Cavani @ 13/5
    0.5 Points E/W @ 13/5 (1 point staked in total)
    LOSE Missed a penalty in the 11th minute, bleh. Roll on next weekend

+24.04 Profit

Scotland vs. Ireland -5
    Getting in on this early as i think it may increase before the weekend. News out of the Scotland camp is that they will be missing 3 players (Ansbro, Southwell and Lamont). Ireland showed enough the last day at home to France to make me take them at -5. OK it's away from home and Ireland were rubbish against Italy but after the break Ireland will hopefully have ironed out the errors they were making against France and win this one comfortably. Scotland have been poor this year from what i've seen and as far as i'm concerned Ireland are good enough to beat the scots away by more than 10 points.
    4 Points @ 10/11

Also one for tomorrows football
    Blackpool vs. Spurs
    Both teams to score
    Spurs are an attacking team with a good scoring record away from home, Blackpool are an attacking team with a good record of scoring away from home and conceding at home. The price isn't great but i still think it's slightly over priced given that these 2 teams usually go hell for leather in attack, especially Blackpool.
    4 Points @ 4/9

Nottingham Forest vs. Preston @ 2/5
    Forest are flying atm and are a class act at home. I'd take Forest away from home to beat Preston and as they're pushing for promotion and squeeky bum time is on the horizon i'd expect them to win this one. Forest have beaten Preston twice already this season.

Norwich vs. Doncaster @ 2/5
    Norwich are a good team to score goals and Doncaster were beaten 6-0 by ipswich i think it was at the weekend. Doncaster also picked up a few injuries since the weekend. It's the perfect storm and i'd expect Norwich to take this one. The only thing that worries me about this double is that mid-week championship tends to throw up a surprise result or two but i like the look of this double. Smaller stake than i'd like because i know what mid-week championship football can throw up.

2 Points double @ 0.96/1 (almost evens)

Clyde vs. Albion Rovers @ evens
    I know nothing about these teams only that Clyde won for the first time in 6 months on Tuesday. Albion Rovers have a few players returning from injury and look to close the gap at the top of the league. Rovers won the last time at Clyde and beat them at home (both of which took place in the second half of 2010). As i know little about these teams and it is the Scottish third division (i.e. ****e quality) i'm only going to throw 1 point on.

1 Point @ evens

Bournemouth vs. Sheffield Wednesday @ 5/6
    Wednesday have lost their last six away games. Gary Megson has recently replaced the old manager and a change in fortune has not happened. Bournemouth are second in the league and will continue to try and secure a automatic promotion spot.

Brighton vs. Plymouth Argyle @ 1/3
    Brighton are top of the league and are a great home team (winning their last 5). Plymouth are really, really bad (losing their last 3 away games) and have just 23 points from 31 games. Brighton beat them 2-0 away from home earlier in the season.

3 Points @ 1.44/1

Blackpool vs. Spurs
    Both teams to score
    4 Points @ 4/9
    Nottingham Forest vs. Preston @ 2/5
    Norwich vs. Doncaster @ 2/5
    2 Points double @ 0.96/1 (almost evens)

Clyde vs. Albion Rovers @ evens
    1 Point @ evens

Bournemouth vs. Sheffield Wednesday @ 5/6
    Brighton vs. Plymouth Argyle @ 1/3
    3 Points @ 1.44/1

WIN, LOSE, WIN, LOSE
    Blackpool 3 - 1 Spurs. Late goal from Pavlyuchenko saves my skin. Apparently Spurs should have gotten a few though.

Forest got the lead in the 90th minute and then the other lads equalised... Norwich lead for most of their match and the other lads equalised in the 83rd minute... :D

Albion Rovers lead early on and held it. 1-0 final score.

Bournemouth missed a penalty against Wednesday (shafted by 2 penalties already this week!! :D) and drew 0-0. Brighton won comfortably 4-0.

I think i was very unlucky not to get the double of Bournemouth and Brighton. Also it appears i was unlucky with the double in the championship, i am never betting on the championship mid week this season again because it is too unpredictable as the results tonight showed. Doncaster were missing a heap of players and Norwich couldn't put the game to bed. While Spurs did get a late goal but having read a bit of the text commentary they should have had a couple, so while i think it was lucky it was probably a goal that was coming for the whole game.

So i'm feeling sorry for myself, I feel it should have been a profitable night with at least 1 of those doubles coming in but alas neither came in. -2.22 points on the night and while that's not a disaster i do think it was unlucky that neither of those doubles came in!! Roll on the weekend games where the wounds of tonight shall be healed :D

I will probably look at having less bets this weekend but maybe a higher stake if i see something nice. Until the luck turns around at least. If those 2 penalties had been scored i'd be 6.92 points better off!! Let us pray the weekend treats us kindly. /end rant

+21.82 Profit

City / Liverpool double tonight @ 0.71/1
    Won't have time to do reasoning today or this weekend i'm afraid! Short and sweet - Both teams drew 0-0 away, half the job done already. City smashed Notts County and expect the same for these lads tonight, probably 3-0. I expect Liverpool to win 2-0 at Anfield as well. We'll see later!

2 Points @ 0.71

Scotland vs. Ireland -5
    4 Points @ 10/11
    City / Liverpool double tonight @ 0.71/1
    2 Points @ 0.71

LOSE, WIN City won 3-0 as predicted and Liverpool won 1-0 (a late one at that but I didn't see the game so will assume that it was coming for mental health reasons :P). Ireland only won by 3 points in a game they should have won by 20+ so that was a rotten loss! A penalty in off the post for the Scots as well, if I had Scotland +5 I'm sure they would have played for the win and not the draw like they did!!

Have calmed down on the log front due to being unlucky several times recently. Will keep her alive posting a bet here and there but not too many until the luck turns :) Ya have to know when to cool it!

Having said that I am going with a 5 pointer!
    Barcelona Half Time - Full Time vs. Arsenal @ 4/5
    Barcelona (the greatest team I've ever seen) will come out firing at the Nou Camp and I don't think that Arsenal will be able to keep up. They went down 4-0 the last time and although they won 2 weeks ago at the Emirates I watched that game and think that Arsenal were lucky to come away with anything never mind a win. They look susceptible at the back and Van Persie has been ruled out. He is their biggest goal scoring threat and without him I feel they lack any real edge. This is why I want to go in at the half time / full time, something I usually avoid because no team plays to be winning at half time.

Arsenal will be lacking up front and I can't see them keeping Barcelona out for the first half given that Barcelona will know they have to score and the longer they leave it the more pressure it will create meaning that they will have to start forcing it. I feel that this price will definitely shorten closer to the off. While this isn't a bet I'd usually make, it's definitely one i fancy and at a nice price too imo. In this same fixture last year Barcelona went in 3-1 at the break. As long as they don't get caught out by Walcott on the break I fancy them to be leading at the half.

5 Points @ 4/5

Barcelona Half Time - Full Time vs. Arsenal @ 4/5
    5 Points @ 4/5

WIN Barcelona 1-0 HT and 3-1 FT. Got the goal late in the 1st half which got the blood flowing but in fairness they should have gotten 1 before then and I would have felt hard done by had they gone in 0-0 at the break!

Profit +23.24

Stolen from aidankkk's log...
    Coral Cup: Barizan: He has been poor on unsuitable ground all year, but i had a feeling he would appear of a good mark on his favourite course on favourable ground. Trainer says he is flying at the moment compared to earlier on this year. And with a decent racing weight there is a very decent chance he'll never be caught.. He may run in the martin pipe but is near the top of the weights in that so id prefer if he ran here.

33/1 - 50/1 with most bookies but Coral are offering 66/1. Looks like good value. NRNB applies :)

0.5 Point win, 2 Points each way - Pays 1/4 for 5 places @66/1 (2.5 Points staked in total)

Paddy Power Enhanced Special - Man City & Zenit to win @ 3/2

I fancy this one quite a bit. It's not enhanced by much but i like it regardless. City lost 2-0 in the away leg but they are a different beast at home in Eastlands. They don't slip up at home often and what I like about this is that kiev know they don't have to win. They will probably shut up shop and try hit City on the counter but i think City (although lacking a bit of creativity) will find a way through. They are superior on paper and kyiv aren't the best travelers.

The same applies for Zenit. Beaten 3-0 last time against Twente means that Twente will probably shut up shop. Zenit will probably win it 1 or 2 nil but i doubt they will get the 3 that they need but that doesn't matter to me. Anyone who watches European football knows that Russia is not a place you want to go to get anything from. Russian teams are just far superior on home soil for some reason. Zenit have won 9/10 games at home drawing the other as a result of a late equaliser. Hopefully they do the business tonight.

4 Points @ 3/2

If anyone reads this stuff then I'll also let ya know that I fancy Liverpool at home! They've lost only twice at Anfield all season and have to claw their way back from a 1-0 deficit. Braga are a team that lost 6-0 at Emirates in the Champions league group stages but beat Arsenal in Portugal. I expect a comfortable Liverpool win but i'd prefer to have an in-running bet on that one while watching it, simply because you can't trust Liverpool!

33/1 - 50/1 with most bookies but Coral are offering 66/1. Looks like good value. NRNB applies :)

0.5 Point win, 2 Points each way - Pays 1/4 for 5 places @66/1 (2.5 Points staked in total)

VOID non-runner

• Advertisement

Paddy Power Enhanced Special - Man City & Zenit to win @ 3/2
    4 Points @ 3/2
    WIN
    As predicted City win 1-0 (had 10 men from ~36th minute, Balotelli again) and Zenit win 2-0.

+29.24

Man Utd v Bolton @ 4/9
    I rarely bet on the PL these days because it is very random this year. HOWEVER, United have dropped just 2 points at home all season. They are playing fairly well at the moment, they are a solid team who always turn up. They haven't played out of their skin all year but they have been consistently decent. I can't see Bolton getting anything from Old Trafford this weekend. United don't have any fresh injury concerns. Bolton have been in good form this year but may find themselves with a bit of a cup hangover this weekend following a good win against Birmingham last week. They look susceptible at the back if I'm honest and I think Rooney will get one as he's returning to a bit of form. Bolton have lost 6 of their last 7 PL away games. It's the perfect storm.

West Brom v Arsenal @ 5/6
    I couldn't believe Arsenal were 5/6. West Brom have one of the worst defences in the league and Arsenal have one of the best offences in the league. Arsenal have been knocked out of 3 tournaments in a week and the league now is their only chance at silverware. They will pick themselves up for this game and having been beaten by WBA earlier in the season at Emirates i can see them smashing in a few. WBA will probably score as well however but I'd predict a relatively comfortable 3-1 for Arsenal. The price here is just too good to pass up imo and even though this is the first bet I've had on the PL in weeks (and regardless of the outcome probably my last for another while - it's just too random this year) I'm going to go in on it fairly big even though Arsenal will be missing Fabregas and Walcott. WBA, while a stronger force under Hodgson, will miss Vela badly.

4 Points double @ 1.65/1

Hannover 96 vs. Hoffenheim @ 11/10
    Hannover have won 6 of their last 7 home games in Bundesliga and on the other side of this Hoffenheim have lost 4 of their last 5. With Hannover's only injury concern being their keeper I'm willing to stake a bit on this one although admittely I don't know too much about Hoffenheim. I know Babel plays for Hoffenheim but apparently he's had a few bad performances and all the stats point to a Hannover win. Looks overpriced at 11/10 for sure.
    2 Points @ 11/10

First Tryscorer (Win or Each Way)
    1/4 places 1,2,3
    C Ashton @ 15/2

Paddy Power are doing a special where if Ireland win they will refund the win part of the first try scorer stake. Ashton has been flying all 6 nations and him and Foden are the danger men. If England are going to win in Ireland they'll need a couple of tries imo. They are dangerous from the lineout and I fancy Ashton to get in on the act given his performances this campaign. Hopefully he gets the first one. This will at least soften the blow if England do manage to get the slam in Ireland, hopefully Ireland win though. Ashton to score first and Ireland to win it would be ideal :P Ireland look like they are gonna play some ball too and not just for territory (Sexton is on instead of O'Gara). So hopefully that will lead to a few tries
    0.30 Points e/w (0.60 staked in total)

Hannover 96 vs. Hoffenheim @ 11/10
    2 Points @ 11/10

WIN 2-0 to Hannover

Arsenal just went 2-0 down to WBA so we can probably write off that bet! Apparently Almunia is at it again! I'm the bigger fool for putting money on the PL again tbh

Man Utd v Bolton @ 4/9

West Brom v Arsenal @ 5/6

4 Points double @ 1.65/1

LOSE
    United win 1-0 and Arsenal draw 2-2. They came back from 2-0 and at that point I thought it was United who would let me down. Had 1 late goal in my favour pity Arsenal could't find another. Unlucky! Almunia with another howler, god bless him.

First Tryscorer (Win or Each Way)
    1/4 places 1,2,3
    C Ashton @ 15/2

0.30 Points e/w (0.60 staked in total)

LOSE
    0.30 points returned as Ireland are going to win the match. Couldn't be happier :D Ashton looked like he was going to get one but was caught and then gave a poor offload.

-2.1 points on the day where Hannover brought in the only win of 3 bets. Pity Arsenal couldn't find another, could have been a good day. -2.1 Points, no biggie! Might have a bet or 2 on Serie A tomorrow. I will study the games later on.

Profit +27.14

Napoli v Cagliari @ 6/4
    To Win to Nil

Udinese v Catania @ 7/5
    To Win to Nil
    Udinese haven't conceded in their last 3 home games and Napoli haven't conceded in their last 6 home games. Catania have just scored 1 in 6 on the road (7 in 14 altogether). Cagliari only seem to pose a threat when on home soil and even then Udinese beat them 4-0 in their last game in Serie A at home. I see good value in this bet even if it is a bit of a longer shot for me than usual. Short and simple!

2 Points @ 5/1

Chelsea 2 - 0 Man City @ 13/2
    Correct Score

Going to have a gamble on this because City are incredibly boring and Chelsea have been upping it a bit recently. I can see them beating City 2-0 and Paddy Power are doing a special where if Torres scores last or Tevez scores last then you get your money back if you don't get the correct score. I think if City score anything at Stamford Bridge it will probably be through Tevez. So hopefully Chelsea win 2-0 or Tevez/Torres gets the last! Worth the squeeze I think!

1 Point @ 13/2

Napoli v Cagliari @ 6/4
    To Win to Nil

Udinese v Catania @ 7/5
    To Win to Nil

2 Points @ 5/1

Udinese win 2-0, Napoli kick off later.

• Advertisement

Chelsea 2 - 0 Man City @ 13/2
    Correct Score

1 Point @ 13/2

WIN

Ramires with a late one making it 2-0. Fair result in the end. City didn't offer much, tried to shut up shop and looked exposed after conceding the first in the 79th minute. Luiz played unbelievable today.

Advertisement