Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jive ~ All Sports

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Schalke 04 v Inter Over 2.5 @ 8/11 (Bet365)
    It's 5-2 on aggregate to Schalke so Inter will obviously be going all out straight from the off. They need to score 4 at least. Inter have conceded 19 so far in the CL so I can't see them keeping a clean sheet away to Schalke. Schalke have gone over 2.5 goals in their last 3 home CL games and Inter over 2.5 in their last 4 away CL games.

"We will look to play for a win and that's how we want to think going into the match" Rangnick, Schalke. Leonardo is also optimistic (to the press at least!) that Inter can go there and qualify still - surely this means he will go hell for leather from the start!

The price looks great considering all the stats and taking the aggregate score into account meaning that Inter will be all out attack and Schalke are likely to catch them on the break. Raul to bag his 71st CL goal :D

3 Points @ 8/11

Tottenham vs. Real Madrid Over 2.5 @ 8/11 (Bet365)
    Spurs need to score at least 4. Mourinho has come out and said he's playing a strong team and that Spurs will likely need more than 4 (i.e. he is probably going there to win the game). Spurs are going to go nuts looking for goals straight from the start and Madrid will more than likely catch them out. As a result the tie will be dead in the water and Spurs will probably just play to entertain on their last night in Europe. I expect goals in this one!

Schalke vs. Inter Over 2.5 @ 17/20 (Bet365)
    Reasoning above

2 Point double @ 2.19/1 (the same bet on Paddy Power is just 1.78/1)

jive wrote: »
    Schalke 04 v Inter Over 2.5 @ 8/11 (Bet365)
    Raul to bag his 71st CL goal :D
    3 Points @ 8/11

WIN Goal and an assist from Raul he's playing some super stuff in his old age. Finished 2-1 to Schalke
    Tottenham vs. Real Madrid Over 2.5 @ 8/11 (Bet365)
    Schalke vs. Inter Over 2.5 @ 17/20 (Bet365)
    2 Point double @ 2.19/1 (the same bet on Paddy Power is just 1.78/1)

LOSE Madrid win 1-0. Was a very open game with plenty of chances so I'm fairly surprised there wasn't more goals. Not only that but the only goal was a howler from Gomez so it could have even finished 0-0 despite all the chances and penalty shouts.

Tiny profit overall on the night. Bit unlucky with the Spurs match not going over 2.5 but profit is profit I guess!

Profit +38.16

Golf - Malaysian Open

SSP Chowrasia @ 175/1 (Bet365)
    Won in Asia in February, T19 last year in Malaysia.
    0.1 Points e/w (0.2 Points staked in total)

Louis Oosthuizen @ 21/1 (Betfair)
    Finished 7th here before, much better player now than he was back then. Other top players include McIlroy (unlikely winner based on what happened at Augusta - could be there or there abouts, however) and Schwarzel (again unlikely due to winning at Augusta - bit of a hangover I'd imagine!).
    0.4 Points win

Golf - Malaysian Open

SSP Chowrasia @ 175/1 (Bet365)
    Won in Asia in February, T19 last year in Malaysia.
    0.1 Points e/w (0.2 Points staked in total)

LOSE Going to miss cut I'd say so just going to call it a loss now :D I thought he was a dead cert.... :P Oosthuizen made a good start he's 3 under

• Advertisement

Paddy Power Enhanced Football Special
    FC Twente to beat Villarreal and Sporting Braga to beat Dynamo Kiev @ 5/1
    Twente lost to Villarreal 5-1 last time with a consolation goal coming in the last minute. They are a lesser side than Villarreal but given that Villarreal will be happy to sit back and go through the match without any bookings or injuries I'm happy to take Twente in the above bet. Twente are unbeaten in 6 in Europe (at home obviously) but have won just twice. A narrow win is likely if they are going to win at all.

I fancy Braga who are 11/8 on Paddy Power. I coupled them with Twente because 5/1 represents much better value in a dead rubber match which Twente could easily win. Braga have won 6 out of 7 home games in Europe without conceding. Dynamo are missing Shevchenko who got sent off in the last leg. Dynamo have a bad record in Portugal having lost 4 out of 5 matches there. In those matches they conceded 13 and scored just 2. All the statistics and based on what I've seen from Braga in Europe this year suggests a comfortable home win. 11/8 is very generous imo but I can't be having a single given that 5/1 is being offered when coupling them with Twente who need goals for any chance of going through. Villarreal know they don't have to win so Twente are the more likely victors based on that alone.

1 Point double @ 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Very informative write up Jive, good stuff
    Your after temptin me with that now :P

Galway v Cork - Cusack Park.
    Cork double result @ 5/6
    Cork hammered Kerry in Munster by 22 points in their last game. You don't beat any Kerry football team by that margin unless you are very good. Everything has been going well for the underagers this year including some of them winning the Siegerson cup with UCC. They have some very, very good footballers. There are some good players on the Galway team but imo they aren't great going forward. Cork are physically very big and strong. As well as having Siegerson cup winners in the side they also have All-Ireland senior medallists in Walsh & Sheehan.

3 Points @ 5/6

Paddy Power Enhanced Football Special
    FC Twente to beat Villarreal and Sporting Braga to beat Dynamo Kiev @ 5/1
    1 Point double @ 5/1

LOSE neither won! Both teams went down to 10 men. Braga 0-0 and Twente after leading 1-0 for a while ended up losing 3-1 after going down to 10; two late goals. Glad I didn't take the Braga single now even though I fancied them at the time. They were the better team with 10 men as well. Dynamo ended up with 10 close to the end but Dynamo offered very little going forward for the whole match. They really offered nothing in the last 15 and I layed them in the last few minutes as it looked like free money and it was.

Galway v Cork - U21s - Cusack Park.
    Cork -2 @ 11/10 (William Hill)

Reasoning above.

5 Points @ 11/10

*edited due to upping the anti by 2 more points!! Max bet on this one after hearing what they did to Kerry the last day. I know a lad who was on the U21 Kerry starting 15 and he said Cork were phenomenally fast and strong in the forward line.

• Advertisement

Lay McIlroy @ 7/5 (betfair)
    He's joint leader in the Malaysian open at 11 under. 3rd place is 10 under and 4th is 2 players at 7 under. Based on what happened last week and that there are a couple of decent players chasing him (Gallacher, Manassero) it looks like a good offer. If he wins it I like him anyway so will be glad he won. If he loses I'll be glad he lost because I'll make money :D
    Lay 1 Point @ 7/5 (liability = 1.4 Points)

Man City vs. Man Utd@ 11/10 (Paddy Power - money back special - if there is a red card all bets are refunded)
    United will be without Rooney but City will also be without Tevez. United are in much better form than City atm and have a great record against them. Given the intensity of these affairs I wouldn't be surprised to see a red card which makes the MBS a decent one. Going to go big on United due to 1) they're in form, 2) they have a good record against city and 3) the MBS.

5 Points @ 11/10

Roma -1 vs. Palermo @ 5/4
    Palermo are DESPERATE away from home and have just won 1 in their last 8 anyway. Roma have only won 1 in the last 5 at home but I'd expect that to change. Palermo have a leaky defence having conceded 21 in their last 8 games. Roma have a few injuries at the back but Totti is flying (Totti to score anytime (21/20) would be a good bet) so they should bag a few.

Milan -1 vs. Sampdoria @ 20/21 (bet365)
    Sampdoria are bad bad bad this year and are fighting relegation. Milan are chasing the title and have won 2 of their last 3 home games by 3 goals (against Inter and Napoli no less) although they were held against Bari which will serve as a complacency warning. Pato is in good form atm and Milan are finding plenty of goals. Can't see Sampdoria keeping up with them at all.

1 Point double @ 3.39/1

GAA Hurling Matches Waterford v Galway
    Galway (-1.0) @ 23/20 (Will Hill)
    Waterford don't have much to play for here. They have an OUTSIDE chance of getting into the NHL final but realistically that won't happen and they're 55/1 to win the NHL. Galway are 3/1 and have it all to play for. Waterford are missing a host of players including Richie Foley (free taker, has been great this season), John Mullane (honeymoon), Maurice Shanahan (injured - broken finger) and skipper Stephen Molumphy (army). Galway make 9 changes in what looks to be an almost full strength team. They were hammered by Tipp the last day and that won't happen again. Joe Canning starts. Walsh Park isn't an easy place to go for most teams but Galway have an unreal record against Waterford in the league. The main reason I'm going for this however is Waterford's lack of threat going forward with all those injuries all in the forward line. A few youngsters will be given a run and while Waterford do have a good back line their full back can probably be given a run around. There are goals to be had for Galway.

3 Points @ 23/20

Palermo are DESPERATE away from home and have just won 1 in their last 8 anyway. Roma have only won 1 in the last 5 at home but I'd expect that to change. Palermo have a leaky defence having conceded 21 in their last 8 games. Roma have a few injuries at the back but Totti is flying (Totti to score anytime (21/20) would be a good bet) so they should bag a few.

Totti opens the scoring after 20 minutes hopefully they kick on now and don't hold back

Cork double result @ 5/6
    3 Points @ 5/6

Cork up by 0-7 to 0-6 at half time. Lucky to be up at the half. The forwards are doing the damage but they're winning nothing in midfield by the sounds of things. Galway have been missing a few chances which could prove to be very important - if momentum shifts Cork will take theirs.
    Milan -1 vs. Sampdoria @ 20/21 (bet365)
    1 Point double @ 3.39/1

LOSE Roma lose 3-2 after leading!! Hernandez (the lad who did damage against Ireland for Uruguay) got 2, great player.

Man City vs. Man Utd @ 11/10
    5 Points @ 11/10

VOID - Scholes sent off - money back. Had a cover bet on draw / man city @ 7/1 but never posted it up here. Only did a cover bet because I had a bigger bet than 5 points in real life (for the first time :P) and didn't think it was worth influencing anyone with (turned out to be due to the red card - but I was just being a pussy and it paid off :pac:)

Cork move up by 3 in the 2nd half. Plenty of time left though. Outscoring Galway fairly well now hopefully they drive on. Quality is seeing them through but they aren't getting anything in midfield.

Profit +35.56

Tally'd up all the small losses there. Waiting on Cork result. Would be a nice boost to win both the handicap and the double result bet. 0-11 to 0-8 to Cork atm.

Galway v Cork - U21s - Cusack Park.
    Cork -2 @ 11/10 (William Hill)
    5 Points @ 11/10
    Cork double result @ 5/6
    3 Points @ 5/6

LOSE Ouch. 1-11 to 0-12 Galway win. They won it in the midfield. Walsh went off injured for Cork and he was their main man. After that Cork really struggled. :(

Profit +27.56

Lay McIlroy @ 7/5 (betfair)
    Lay 1 Point @ 7/5 (liability = 1.4 Points)
    WIN Came 3rd. Wish I had more on but I was afraid of a fairytale recovery after Augusta! He was way too short with 2 days left though. I marked that Italian kid as a dangerman and he went on to win it.
    GAA Hurling Matches Waterford v Galway
    Galway (-1.0) @ 23/20 (Will Hill)
    3 Points @ 23/20

LOSE Huge shock imo given the injuries Waterford had and that Galway were playing for a place in the league final. Good sign for Waterford's squad though. Lots of young players putting in big performances, great to see.

Bad weekend with a few big bets going the wrong way. I don't regret the bets though I thought they were great at the time and am still a bit shocked tbh. Onwards and upwards anyway!

Profit +25.56

• Advertisement
Advertisement